Page 28 of 761 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

We don't need rumors to realize they aren't making another ant-man and the wasp movie. They'll just likely be the new black widow and hawkeye of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    We don't need rumors to realize they aren't making another ant-man and the wasp movie. They'll just likely be the new black widow and hawkeye of the universe
    I did kind of think Hope was being set up as Black Widow 2.0, just with slightly less charisma .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did kind of think Hope was being set up as Black Widow 2.0, just with slightly less charisma .
    Hope wasn't done justice, honestly. Way too much of a copy of Nat.

She had barely any characterization, no character arc, no supporting characters of her own and don't even get me started on Janet.

Not like it would ever happen despite being a fan of Lilly, I just wish they would just forget AMATW ever existed and just reintroduce Hank, Janet and Scott to the franchise.

What an inconsequential, unsuccessful (it didn't make as much money as you might think, a lot of it came from china and the money that's made there , well, very little actually goes to the studio and) missed opportunity of a movie.
    Last edited by Captain M; 09-20-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    because of the larger Avengers movie coming out close to it. and i'm not sure how much it was expected to make. we're talking about Ant-Man, here.
    Both Ant-Man films made less than all the other MCU films except for The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, and Thor. They're also the cheapest ones to make.

Not like it would ever happen despite being a fan of Lilly, I just wish they would just forget AMATW ever existed and just reintroduce Hank, Janet and Scott to the franchise.
    I still can't help but feel like Jan wasn't done justice by the existence of Hope.

Like, I was more invested in all the Jan scenes in AMATW then I was with anything to do with Hope.

I still can't help but feel like Jan wasn't done justice by the existence of Hope.

Like, I was more invested in all the Jan scenes in AMATW then I was with anything to do with Hope.
    I edited my post but yes. Somewhere before the production started they said "**** it" and changed their plans for the movie because I don't know if you checked out the various concept art of the movie but it was clearly meant to take palce in the quantum realm for the most part where Scott, Hope and Hank all go in there to get Janet and they fight things there.

Unbelievable mess of a decision to abandon that and have the third act be a car chase and reduce Janet's role to barely being there. God, get rid of the characters honestly. Give us a D+ show of young Janet and Hank and be done with it.

edit: fans' reaction to amatw is the proof mcu/marvel studios gets too big of a pass.

She had barely any characterization, no character arc, no supporting characters of her own and don't even get me started on Janet.

What an inconsequential, unsuccessful (it didn't make as much money as you might think, a lot of it came from china and the money that's made there , well, very little actually goes to the studio and) missed opportunity of a movie.
    I do think the idea of her being a true female lead for that movie was oversold, because she still came off like a supporting character in an Ant-Man movie even when the main arc was freeing her mom.

I do think the idea of her being a true female lead in her own part for that movie was oversold, because she still came off like a supporting character in an Ant-Man movie even when the main arc was freeing her mom.
    She did. Then she was dusted and came back to have 3 small lines in endgame. If you told me this before AMATW came out, I'd laugh at you and brush it off, like, we aren't making this up.

Just a couple of the concept arts I was talking about. There are like 50+ for just Janet. And those are the ones that are released. Infact one of them even shows her as Captain Marvel I think, lol.

I mean she got bumped up to co-lead in the second movie but she started as a supporting character herself. Do most supporting characters have their own supporting characters? Falcon, Rhodey & Winter Soldier don't. Plus it can be argued her parents are her supporting characters as much as they are Scott's.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I mean she got bumped up to co-lead in the second movie but she started as a supporting character herself. Do most supporting characters have their own supporting characters? Falcon, Rhodey & Winter Soldier don't. Plus it can be argued her parents are her supporting characters as much as they are Scott's.
    I think the problem is that they said they bumped her up to co-lead status in the second movie but it didn't really feel like it beyond a few action sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Both Ant-Man films made less than all the other MCU films except for The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, and Thor. They're also the cheapest ones to make.
    Were they expected to make more?

I would've just assumed every MCU franchise would make at least a trilogy, although now that Thor has hit four movies the sky's the limit on that front.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They underperformed, so it's the weakest franchise in the MCU since its early years.

I would've just assumed every MCU franchise would make at least a trilogy, although now that Thor has hit four movies the sky's the limit on that front.
    I wasn't sure if all of them would get sequels or trilogies since Doctor Strange and the Hulk got one, but now that we see Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4, they're probably going wherever the intere$t lies. Ant-Man did bring in the first heist movie and romantic comedy to the MCU, so he's a pioneer of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I wasn't sure if all of them would get sequels or trilogies since Doctor Strange and the Hulk got one, but now that we see Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4, they're probably going wherever the intere$t lies. Ant-Man did bring in the first heist movie and romantic comedy to the MCU, so he's a pioneer of sorts.
    I thought they went back on it being a romantic comedy? For the amount of time they spent actually developing or focusing on the relationship between Scott and Hope, it didn't really feel like one...