Page 131 of 773 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 11592
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

100 percent they'll have the X-Men interact with the other heroes.

Ultimate Member

My main fear is they'll bring the MCU down with the whole mutant persecution business. It's one storyline I'm not really interesting in anymore. IMO it makes more sense for mutants to be experimented on, by non-mutants, or mutants, like some kind of Weapon X program.

I couldn't care less about the F4, although I dislike them less after Empyre

Mighty Member

One thing the Sony/Disney deal means is that SM can freely cross over b/w the MCU and Venomverse?/Sonyverse?.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    One thing the Sony/Disney deal means is that SM can freely cross over b/w the MCU and Venomverse?/Sonyverse?.
    Maybe we can get Venom to interact with other Marvel characters?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    That's not what this is. It's a distribution deal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    That's not what this is. It's a distribution deal.
    Right meaning that the Spidey content is going to be housed on D+ after their run on Netflix. So, for D+ users, they'll have the Venomverse, SM Sonyverse all housed under one service. For both Netlix/D+ users, doesn't matter they have their cake and eat it too. So, yeah he can cross over. I think that's why Phase 4 is having the multiverse because of Spider-Man

They may not all be on Disney+. Some will be on Hulu. My guess would be the movies going on Disney+ will be the Marvel Studios produced Spider-Man movies and everything else goes to Hulu

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Same.

Mutants work better when they are the only super powered things around. Makes the fear from humans seem more real.

I don't really need to see Xmen and Avengers interact tbh.
    The MCU is so prone to making their heroes and upbeat and idolized for the most part, and not really dwelling on the drama or depressing stuff, that I'm really not sure how they're going to approach Mutants and how they function in society.

Like look at how they handled Hulk. Aside from a few rage-outs he's basically a cuddly teddy bear they make jokes out of instead of a misunderstood rage monster with horror vibes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The MCU is so prone to making their heroes and upbeat and idolized for the most part, and not really dwelling on the drama or depressing stuff, that I'm really not sure how they're going to approach Mutants and how they function in society.

Like look at how they handled Hulk. Aside from a few rage-outs he's basically a cuddly teddy bear they make jokes out of instead of a misunderstood rage monster with horror vibes.
    While I can see why fans didn't like how Hulk was handled (I feel his transition to Professor Hulk should've been shown), I don't really want to see a bunch of mutants moping around all the time in the MCU

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm not sure I would agree with that assessment. There are numerous moments that highlight the trauma the characters have gone through. Tony Stark had PTSD, panic attacks, and a falling out with Steve that lasted years. Thor was clearing suffering from depession after the losses from Ragnarok and Infinity War. Clint Barton went on a grief filled murder spree. He and Natasha were both prepared to kill themselves in part due to guilt over their past actions. WandaVison is all about Wanda losing control of her powers from grief. And TatWS shows the emotional issues Sam and Bucky are dealing with. Even the Guardians of the Galaxy, while being the more comedic of the MCU movies, are filled with characters dealing with their own pain.

Looking at the Hulk, he left the Avengers and spent 2 years killing people as a gladiator. He didn't do this because everything was great back on Earth. He lost trust in Natasha and Banner lost control of the Hulk. While I would have liked to see his journey fleshed out more, the distribution rights kept him from a solo movie to really explore that.

The X-Men stories were told in comics under the CCA for decades. The animated series was rated TV-Y7. If X-Men stories can be successfully done in those formats with those restrictions, they can be successfully done in the MCU.

Looking forward to seeing if She-Hulk will be Marvel's answer to Legally Blonde and My Cousin Vinny!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They may not all be on Disney+. Some will be on Hulu. My guess would be the movies going on Disney+ will be the Marvel Studios produced Spider-Man movies and everything else goes to Hulu
    I wonder where the Venom movies would go.

Hulk imo has been handled piss poorly imo in the MCU not sure how much of that maybe due to universal and how much is just how marvel/disney want to do it and it does not make me hopefully for some of the more complex stories and characters to come....
    Last edited by cam18; 04-22-2021 at 11:53 AM.

as far as X-Men and Avengers interacting never been the biggest avenger fan although I do enjoy some runs busiek and roger stern come to mind but Avengers and X-Men crossovers never really did it for me one side often the X tends to get shafted....and as xmen imo has the better mythos,villains and stories then the A side brings to the equation....they have less to gain some interaction is cool but I hope it is not a focal point of MCU X-Men and I don't want any xmen/avengers combined teams a teamup is cool but there distinct and unique lets keep them that way...jmo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    as far as X-Men and Avengers interacting never been the biggest avenger fan although I do enjoy some runs busiek and roger stern come to mind but Avengers and X-Men crossovers never really did it for me one side often the X tends to get shafted....and as xmen imo has the better mythos,villains and stories then the A side brings to the equation....they have less to gain some interaction is cool but I hope it is not a focal point of MCU X-Men and I don't want any xmen/avengers combined teams a teamup is cool but there distinct and unique lets keep them that way...jmo
    I don't know if I agree on the X-Men having the better mythos. IMO they keep getting trapped with the same "fake minority" business