Page 152 of 761 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Keeping the actor but rebooting the show feels pointless to me.
    Exactly.

Either change the actor or keep the actor and keep the canon of Netflix and continue it in some way.

Keeping the actor but changing the continuity is just... weird.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

The rumor is Cox is back in NWH, so if that's true, I guess they're not recasting, at least not him.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Exactly.

Either change the actor or keep the actor and keep the canon of Netflix and continue it in some way.

It's not that hard because of the Blip. They got snapped and they came back 5 years later. So they now have to readjust to the new status quo.

Amazing Member

I’m curious...will Ironheart and Ms Marvel be on this upcoming iteration of the “Young Avengers” that MCU seems to be nudging toward?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    I’m curious...will Ironheart and Ms Marvel be on this upcoming iteration of the “Young Avengers” that MCU seems to be nudging toward?
    Probably not. They're champions, so I'm guessing they'll make their own team, or at least appear in each other's projects at one point

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    In my region it is consistently in the top 20 trending while newer shows have fallen off so it doesn't need to be canon to be a good and solid show.

I bet it is going to be replaced by Moon Knight
    Just curious what region do you live in? Because that really good that AOS is still trending so much. My wife and I have just started watching it a few months ago and really love it. We didn't watch it when it first ran and after every episode we are like I can't believe we didn't watch this.

I think it's possible.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Just curious what region do you live in? Because that really good that AOS is still trending so much. My wife and I have just started watching it a few months ago and really love it. We didn't watch it when it first ran and after every episode we are like I can't believe we didn't watch this.
    Canada. I have re-watched It once and I have revisited my favorite seasons many times and since they have different Marvel settings, villains, and more than one story arc each seasons it easy to jump from one to another whenever I want to watch something that I know I will enjoy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Keeping the actor but rebooting the show feels pointless to me.
    It looks like that's exactly what they're gonna do with Deadpool, though: Kevin Feige referred to Deadpool 3 as an MCU movie, but there is no way they will keep all of the X-Men baggage from the first two movies, 'cause they will want to have their own version of mutants. So they might as well do that to the other characters as well. It'll probably be their way of killing two birds with one stone: they please fans of those characters to a certain extent, while also having the creative liberty to tell their own stories.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It looks like that's exactly what they're gonna do with Deadpool, though: Kevin Feige referred to Deadpool 3 as an MCU movie, but there is no way they will keep all of the X-Men baggage from the first two movies, 'cause they will want to have their own version of mutants. So they might as well do that to the other characters as well. It'll probably be their way of killing two birds with one stone: they please fans of those characters to a certain extent, while also having the creative liberty to tell their own stories.
    But Deadpool Box Office performance and breaking the fourth wall makes it easy to seamlessly incorporate his ridiculousness in to the MCU without any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm just biased towards the Netflix shows. I'm ok with recasting the X-men and FF while Deadpool could be the one exception. His whole "breaking the 4th wall" angle makes it easy to disregard those conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    But Deadpool Box Office performance and breaking the fourth wall makes it easy to seamlessly incorporate his ridiculousness in to the MCU without any issue.
    Deadpool makes a few, "how the hell am I here" jokes and mentions Fox and such and everyone will just laugh and roll with it.

Ain't like he's gonna end up ont he AVengers or something.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Deadpool makes a few, "how the hell am I here" jokes and mentions Fox and such and everyone will just laugh and roll with it.

Ain't like he's gonna end up ont he AVengers or something.
    Exactly. Deadpool has always just done its own thing, with only one foot in continuity (and not taken very seriously even then). And we're not likely to see the character in the more family-friendly films (which is to say, all of them) so there's no reason to fix what isn't broken; just stay out of Reynolds' way, let him do what he does in his own little corner, and cash the check when DP3 comes out.

As for whether Marvel should re-cast the likes of Daredevil or Quake or whoever....I figure you either re-cast or you keep the whole history and canon. Keeping the actor but starting over with a "new" version of the character just seems really weird to me.

I suppose they could use the multiverse as an excuse; "the Netflix show was earth-5676534 but Cox is now playing the Daredevil of earth-19999/MCU!" or just do a soft reboot type of deal where the previous shows are never referenced, but not explicitly contradicted either......but that seems like a bad half-measure.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The only thing that bugs me is Agent Carter.
    I'm pretty sure Agent Carter is still MCU canon for all the reasons you mention. Fiege and co. definitely act like its canon, and if that's how those guys treat it then who are we to argue?

I don't think all these teen heroes are showing up just so a bunch of them can be ignored in the MCU's first teen team. Not like the Studio has ever been overly loyal to the rosters in the source material anyway. I expect some Young Avengers like Cassie and Kate and Champions like Kamala and Riri, with America (not a founder of either team) as well, and I'd put real money on the Studio including Parker as a tentpole character in the ensemble.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I thought they'd just condense them but they could always be seperate teams.

Ultimate Member

Parker as a YA? I doubt it, considering the rights issues