Page 109 of 776 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 11639
    Mighty Member

The only thing I'm wondering about the release is Cruella. They're releasing Cruella on Disney+ Premier Access and in theaters on May 28. I wonder why they didn't just keep the day and date for BW

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    The only thing I'm wondering about the release is Cruella. They're releasing Cruella on Disney+ Premier Access and in theaters on May 28. I wonder why they didn't just keep the day and date for BW
    They probably moved Black Widow because there’s a possibility that theatres could be more open by July (not by much but a little more open than they are now) and Marvel could get a little more money than they would if they dropped it in May.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Lol, BW is not gonna bomb.
    not a chance

Mighty Member

What did you think of Don Cheadle as Rhodey when he debuted in IM 2? And how about now? Would you rather have Terrence Howard back? For me, Cheadle is Rhodey at this point. It'd be funny if Terrence Howard came back as Rhodey during Secret Invasion and then turned out to be a Skrull.

Ultimate Member

What did you think of Don Cheadle as Rhodey when he debuted in IM 2? And how about now? Would you rather have Terrence Howard back? For me, Cheadle is Rhodey at this point. It'd be funny if Terrence Howard came back as Rhodey during Secret Invasion and then turned out to be a Skrull.
    It could just be a skrull disguised as Howard!

I thought both were good actors but they are wasted as Rhodey. Rhodey never appealed to me much in the comics. His best moments were in Infinity War when he was with Nebula.

I ship them

I wouldn't mind if he joined the Guardians of the Galaxy. Rhodey is typecast as a stick in the mud. So let him have some fun and expand his horizons. If he and Nebula get together along the way...that's just a bonus. .

There's also the Crew but that's more risky. Plus neither incarnation lasted that long so it's not exactly a hot property.

Terrence Howard coming back as a villian Rhodey has to face would be fun. I saw them in a Warren Beaty film once. They were rivals so it would be a good call back.

Edit- that film is Bullworth(1998)
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-24-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

I've liked Rhodey since IM2 but I agree he hasn't had much to work with since IM3. That's why I'm looking forward to aarmor wars

Mighty Member

I'm so glad that Marvel went with RDJ as Tony instead of Tom Cruise. Tom is a great actor, but he couldn't pull off the quippy like RDJ could. Having just watched IM 1 recently, the best part of the movie is RDJ's performance. My favorite moment is when he's breaking out of the cave with Yinsen and he has that moment where Yinsen reveals that his family is dead and Tony quietly says "thank you for saving me."

Ultimate Member

I'm so glad that Marvel went with RDJ as Tony instead of Tom Cruise. Tom is a great actor, but he couldn't pull off the quippy like RDJ could. Having just watched IM 1 recently, the best part of the movie is RDJ's performance. My favorite moment is when he's breaking out of the cave with Yinsen and he has that moment where Yinsen reveals that his family is dead and Tony quietly says "thank you for saving me."
    I think many capable actors could pull off these roles, but I've come to identify these characters with their respective actors in live action, and it's still amazing they haven't really had a bad casting choice yet.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Whole bunch of Phase 4 concept art (no spoilers from what I can tell)
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/docto...3501#gs.x3qwuv

I definitely think BW was in danger of bombing. The Disney+ release probably saved it tbh.

At some point Marvel's going to have to get away from the relying so heavily on street level characters for its storytelling. I'm suspect BW is going to feel a lot like a poor man's John Wick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I definitely think BW was in danger of bombing. The Disney+ release probably saved it tbh.

At some point Marvel's going to have to get away from the relying so heavily on street level characters for its storytelling. I'm suspect BW is going to feel a lot like a poor man's John Wick.
    I don't get the appeal of promoting street-levelers above people with actually cool powers in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post

Given the fact that the best MCU solo movie is a street level flick called The Winter Soldier Marvel definitely shouldn't listen to your advice.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Given the fact that the best MCU solo movie is a street level flick called The Winter Soldier Marvel definitely shouldn't listen to your advice.
    Infinity War and Endgame are better IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    If you are talking about solo mcu movies there are some others that are better like civil war in my view for example.
    You could say it's a solo/team movie but first a solo movie first.