Page 127 of 773 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 11583
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Never, especially since now, they get their cake and eat it too

all the benefits of being in the MCU + own universe.
    Seems likely.

100% agree

Id rather there be no spider-man in the MCU than this joint stuff
    With the Netflix deal, I think MCU Spider-Man is probably done. At least as far as being in the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the Netflix deal, I think MCU Spider-Man is probably done. At least as far as being in the MCU.
    I doubt it. Keeping Spidey in the MCU is beneficial to both companies. But I will bet there is a lot of slamming of fists and throwing of things that's for sure.

Yeah, I think that the multiverse, at least as we're getting it, has a lot to do with Sony and the new deal. Basically, the Sony movies, like Venom and such, get to be officially part of the MCU multiverse, and they could even use Tom Holland on those, without making a continuity mess and affecting the main MCU universe so much (outside of those few movies). I think it's pretty smart tbh.

Ultimate Member

I still don't get making a Venom movie without Spider-Man

But I don't really get the whole villain movie idea anyway

100% agree

Id rather there be no spider-man in the MCU than this joint stuff
    It sucks because I think Tom Holland is a legitimately great Spider-Man and I was willing to put up with the Iron-Spider-Lad stuff if it meant we could get 'purer' Spider-Man movies down the line once they got some distance from the McGuire/Garfield movies but now these MCU Spider-Man seem like nothing more than a cheap cash grab/fanservice with nothing more to offer besides 'hey it's this guy with that guy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I still don't get making a Venom movie without Spider-Man

But I don't really get the whole villain movie idea anyway
    Venom was the most popular Sony had and he's had spin-offs before. You use what you have and I could see the appeal.

It's a change of pace and villian centered stories aren't new to Hollywood. Breaking Bad and Sopranos popularized story centered around a villianous/antihero protagonist.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Venom was the most popular Sony had and he's had spin-offs before. You use what you have and I could see the appeal.

It's a change of pace and villian centered stories aren't new to Hollywood. Breaking Bad and Sopranos popularized story centered around a villianous/antihero protagonist.
    If they can make a villain movie without a hero, they should try to make the reverse. A drama and/or comedy about a superhero's personal life. Maybe one without a decent rogues gallery

I get why they used Venom, but he's the villain most connected to Spider-Man, so instead we have Venon fight Riot, who's not really a majoe villain. I still like Tom Hardy in the role though

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It sucks because I think Tom Holland is a legitimately great Spider-Man and I was willing to put up with the Iron-Spider-Lad stuff if it meant we could get 'purer' Spider-Man movies down the line once they got some distance from the McGuire/Garfield movies but now these MCU Spider-Man seem like nothing more than a cheap cash grab/fanservice with nothing more to offer besides 'hey it's this guy with that guy'.
    I like him working with Iron Man. In fact, I like heroes lending their technology to one another.

But MCU Spider-Man needs to do his own missions. He should be a peer of other Avengers. I like Holland, but I wish MCU Peter Parker was older

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If they can make a villain movie without a hero, they should try to make the reverse. A drama and/or comedy about a superhero's personal life. Maybe one without a decent rogues gallery

I get why they used Venom, but he's the villain most connected to Spider-Man, so instead we have Venon fight Riot, who's not really a majoe villain. I still like Tom Hardy in the role though
    You might like this tho-

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You might like this tho-
    I'll check it out. Thanks!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I think that the multiverse, at least as we're getting it, has a lot to do with Sony and the new deal. Basically, the Sony movies, like Venom and such, get to be officially part of the MCU multiverse, and they could even use Tom Holland on those, without making a continuity mess and affecting the main MCU universe so much (outside of those few movies). I think it's pretty smart tbh.
    So, with what you're saying, I'm guessing SM is going to be both in the MCU and VENOMVERSE? Spidey being owned by Sony complicates things with the MCU. Because I hope continuity doesn't get blurred.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, with what you're saying, I'm guessing SM is going to be both in the MCU and VENOMVERSE? Spidey being owned by Sony complicates things with the MCU. Because I hope continuity doesn't get blurred.
    I don't even know how this shared continuity will work. Does Venom live in an alternate universe from Spider-Man?

Mighty Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giWIr7U1deA

Teaser trailer for Shang-Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giWIr7U1deA

Teaser trailer for Shang-Chi.
    It has an Asian cast, but is otherwise unexceptional. I anticipate Loki and Black Widow more.