Page 134 of 774 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 11603

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That seems like a weird designation for the MCU earth, but okay. Earth 199999 it is. Couldn't have been earth 2008?

And I agree that those are the three most likely ways the mutants will be used, and that inclusion in earth 199999 is the most likely. I'd just like to see the X-Men on their own earth in the MCU multiverse; it has never sat well with me that mutants are hated and feared while guys like Daredevil, Luke Cage, Parker, and Thor get a free pass (at least as far as being superhuman goes). After Endgame, it shouldn't be hard to utilize universe jumping so we can still get the mutants interacting with the other heroes with little hassle.

As for Deadpool, I expect the third film to just do its thing, just like the previous two. Those films have never taken themselves or the wider continuity very seriously and I don't think the Disney buy-out is reason to fix what isn't broken.
    I mean, ostensibly Peter and Matt do make people wary, depending on the time of day, but that goes into the distinction between the Superhuman and the Mutants.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does that mean we're getting MCU Herc and Ares?
    Only if Hercules is played Henry Cavill. I now refuse to accept anybody else in the role. Go meta or go home, Marvel.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    I like Hercules, but they pretty much gave Thor his personality now.
    With an AU "Party Thor" debuting on What If…?, I guess we might have two jovial, fun-loving sons of Skyfathers on our hands soon.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Myth wise Thor is the party go-ing, giant slaying, hero who went on grand adventures and sit com-like hijinks. Hercules is the dude with depression, self loathing, questioning his self worth while slaying monsters. The only upside was becoming a god and getting laid. lol They switched it for the comics, making Thor more serious while Herc was the fun one.

With Thor's personality more closely aligned with the mythical one in the MCU and assuming they are going to bring Herc in at some point, I hope they make him the serious one here, with his personality defrosting after meeting Thor and Amadeus Cho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hasn't there been recent rumors of them being revived. Idk how much stock to put into those rumors
    There are always rumors of the Netflix heroes showing up in the MCU.

Fiege and the Russo's claim they even considered working Daredevil (at least) into Infinity War and Endgame for a cameo, like they did with Agent Carter's Jarvis....but decided against it.

So don't put any stock in the rumors, just wait for an official announcement. I have no doubt some of the Netflix heroes will show up, it's just a matter of when. Sadly, I don't expect the actors to continue with the roles, Fiege will likely start from scratch and ignore the Netflix stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, ostensibly Peter and Matt do make people wary, depending on the time of day, but that goes into the distinction between the Superhuman and the Mutants.
    Parker and Matt make people nervous, but that's less about the fact they have powers and more about what they do with those powers, or at least how the media presents them to the public. Spider-Man is a "menace" because he's irresponsible (in JJJ's eyes), not just because he has powers.

Mutant phobia is twofold right? It's the fear that any random person might become a WMD regardless of training or ethics, and also the fear that mutants will replace humanity as the dominant species on earth. But plenty of superhumans get their powers in accidents, where ethics and training don't come into it, and those guys are accepted. And we know plenty of superhumans can "breed true," not to mention guys like Thor and Herc, who have been around for centuries and can also have kids with humans. So where's the outcry over those guys? Mutant phobia only makes sense (insofar as hate ever makes any sense at all) when mutants are the only source of powers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

There are always rumors of the Netflix heroes showing up in the MCU.

Fiege and the Russo's claim they even considered working Daredevil (at least) into Infinity War and Endgame for a cameo, like they did with Agent Carter's Jarvis....but decided against it.

So don't put any stock in the rumors, just wait for an official announcement. I have no doubt some of the Netflix heroes will show up, it's just a matter of when. Sadly, I don't expect the actors to continue with the roles, Fiege will likely start from scratch and ignore the Netflix stuff.
    You mean recast the actors, or keep them but ignore the backstories?

Parker and Matt make people nervous, but that's less about the fact they have powers and more about what they do with those powers, or at least how the media presents them to the public. Spider-Man is a "menace" because he's irresponsible (in JJJ's eyes), not just because he has powers.

Mutant phobia is twofold right? It's the fear that any random person might become a WMD regardless of training or ethics, and also the fear that mutants will replace humanity as the dominant species on earth. But plenty of superhumans get their powers in accidents, where ethics and training don't come into it, and those guys are accepted. And we know plenty of superhumans can "breed true," not to mention guys like Thor and Herc, who have been around for centuries and can also have kids with humans. So where's the outcry over those guys? Mutant phobia only makes sense (insofar as hate ever makes any sense at all) when mutants are the only source of powers.
    I get the whole "who might be a mutant thing" is scary, but turning it into fake slurs like "muties" and committing genocide seems far reaching to me. Imagine if they put a tenth of that energy into discussing the actual bigotry mutants from minority backgrounds face. And the idea of the Avengers ignoring such atrocities, even on a minor level, is ludicrous IMO

That seems like a weird designation for the MCU earth, but okay. Earth 199999 it is. Couldn't have been earth 2008?

And I agree that those are the three most likely ways the mutants will be used, and that inclusion in earth 199999 is the most likely. I'd just like to see the X-Men on their own earth in the MCU multiverse; it has never sat well with me that mutants are hated and feared while guys like Daredevil, Luke Cage, Parker, and Thor get a free pass (at least as far as being superhuman goes). After Endgame, it shouldn't be hard to utilize universe jumping so we can still get the mutants interacting with the other heroes with little hassle.

As for Deadpool, I expect the third film to just do its thing, just like the previous two. Those films have never taken themselves or the wider continuity very seriously and I don't think the Disney buy-out is reason to fix what isn't broken.
    I mean, people might be okay with the Avengers and Fantastic Fours who live in their ivory towers and get their powers from technology or accidents but would you be okay if you thought the guy next to you in the bus could be reading your thoughts? Or they could be radioactive and positioning everybody without knowing? Or had animalistic traits? Or are the next phase of human evolution thus making normal humans obsolete? I can see that driving up paranoia if they thought anyone could be a mutant.

Ultimate Member

Didn't they dump the next phase of evolution business?

Marvel Release Schedule: What's Next for the MCU after 'The Falcon and The Winter Soldier'?
    https://www.newsweek.com/marvel-rele...y-plus-1585932

Nielsen chart shows that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is #3 for the week, and is the most popular streaming-only show:
    https://www.newsweek.com/marvel-rele...y-plus-1585932
    Last edited by Witchfan; 04-23-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Didn't they dump the next phase of evolution business?
    The comic still play with that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The comic still play with that.
    Really? Wow. I thought it was all due to the Celestials

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I mean, people might be okay with the Avengers and Fantastic Fours who live in their ivory towers and get their powers from technology or accidents but would you be okay if you thought the guy next to you in the bus could be reading your thoughts? Or they could be radioactive and positioning everybody without knowing? Or had animalistic traits? Or are the next phase of human evolution thus making normal humans obsolete? I can see that driving up paranoia if they thought anyone could be a mutant.
    I can see the paranoia on a theoretical level, but the way they actually utilize it is another thing entirely.

In the MU, you're scared that the dude on the bus is reading your thoughts....unless you know that random dude got his powers in an accident. If it was an accident, it's cool. But if that dude was born with those powers, *that's* when people lose their minds. Not that the guy is reading your mind or that he has no qualifications or training to handle his powers responsibly, it's just the fact that he might've been *born* with them that freaks people out. And even by the idiot standards of bigotry that exemption seems ludicrous to me.

Mutant phobia makes "sense" within the sphere of the X-Men, for all the reasons you mention. But when that same phobia totally ignores every other superhuman and enhanced being on earth, it all falls apart. Maybe that mutant is radioactive. But maybe Spider-Man is too, and if he's out of costume *he* could be the random dude next to you on the bus. So why is everyone cool with Spidey (other than JJJ's "irresponsible menace" stuff which has no bearing on Parker's biology) but not Gambit?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

But Superhumans and gods aren't the next step in human evolution that will replace humanity and have advocates who believe that and attack humans for it. And Mutants are far more wide-ranging than accidental Superhumans.

I think pretty much all telepaths are Mutants, or at least if they aren't...you aren't likely to run into them.
    Mutant phobia makes "sense" within the sphere of the X-Men, for all the reasons you mention. But when that same phobia totally ignores every other superhuman and enhanced being on earth, it all falls apart. Maybe that mutant is radioactive. But maybe Spider-Man is too, and if he's out of costume *he* could be the random dude next to you on the bus. So why is everyone cool with Spidey (other than JJJ's "irresponsible menace" stuff which has no bearing on Parker's biology) but not Gambit?
    How cool are we assuming people are with Spider-Man?

Ultimate Member

I can see the paranoia on a theoretical level, but the way they actually utilize it is another thing entirely.

In the MU, you're scared that the dude on the bus is reading your thoughts....unless you know that random dude got his powers in an accident. If it was an accident, it's cool. But if that dude was born with those powers, *that's* when people lose their minds. Not that the guy is reading your mind or that he has no qualifications or training to handle his powers responsibly, it's just the fact that he might've been *born* with them that freaks people out. And even by the idiot standards of bigotry that exemption seems ludicrous to me.

Because they looked at Gambit's costume and said "Dear God, why? Kill it with fire!"

Seriously, though, how does every random Joe on the street know who's a mutant. In Uncanny Avengers, Red Skull was making them attack mutants, but how'd they know who to attack?

Because they looked at Gambit's costume and said "Dear God, why? Kill it with fire!"

Seriously, though, how does every random Joe on the street know who's a mutant. In Uncanny Avengers, Red Skull was making them attack mutants, but how'd they know who to attack?
    It would probably depend on the situation? Like with Mutants there are sometimes specific biological changes that make them physically stand out or they're public with the fact that they're Mutants.

If someone just sparks powers out of the blue, they're a Mutant.