Page 144 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 11604
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    over a billion

which makes this decision all the more confusing.

Captain Marvel: [insert subtitle implying team up] would have been much more... normal?

from a branding position, it is just odd
    I'm guessing those regressives didn't really factor into this decision. It's probably more of "Marvel: the movie"

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well, Kamala Khan was said to appear and is going to appear in CM 2. So, I'm guessing she'll have a bigger role to play than was initially considered? Maybe that's the reason for the title change?
    Plus Monica was Captain Marvel at one point

For me, the rebranding of Captain Marvel to “The Marvels” brings Adam Brashear into play, more so than Ms. Marvel who isn’t a cosmic character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

The official title for Captain Marvel 2 is announced (and appears at the 2:47 timestamp):

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...-marvels-title
    The Marvels are two Captain Marvels (Carol and Monica) and Ms. Marvel.

Shang-Chi looks the least interesting of these projects.

Where is Blade? Will he be a movie or a streaming show?

Ultimate Member

Why do you think Shang-Chi is least interesting?

Well, this time the Captain Marvel movie won't benefit from a stinger in a 2 billion dollar movie that made audiences believe it would be essential to see said movie before the big 2.7 billion finale of the Infinity Saga. Its reception was pretty lukewarm for an MCU movie so I don't think Captain Marvel is a brand that would propel this movie's draw at the box office.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Marvels are two Captain Marvels (Carol and Monica) and Ms. Marvel.
    If the title implies "Marvel" will be in Monica's superhero name, she can't formally use "Captain Marvel" in the MCU unless there's an agreement between her and Carol to somehow share the title; or she'll have a new name altogether.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seems like an odd decision to take "Captain Marvel" out of the title of a sequel fo a movie that made a billion.
    Yeah, I'm...not really feeling the title change.

I mean, I get it, We've got Captain and Ms. Marvel in the film but I don't think that necessitates taking Carol's codename out of the title. She's the MCU's first solo female lead and now she doesn't even get to have her name in the title in favor of something so non-descriptive and vague? It just seems like a confusing and clunky title.

Sure there's three super-powered women in the title, but it just doesn't feel right to not call it a Captain Marvel movie unless Carol isn't the lead, which just seems...kind of silly to me. I just don't get the thought process here.

The MCU never had to change the title for team-ups within the solo's before, so why now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Well, this time the Captain Marvel movie won't benefit from a stinger in a 2 billion dollar movie that made audiences believe it would be essential to see said movie before the big 2.7 billion finale of the Infinity Saga. Its reception was pretty lukewarm for an MCU movie so I don't think Captain Marvel is a brand that would propel this movie's draw at the box office.
    With the pre-release attacks it's honestly hard for me to gauge whether the reception actually was lukewarm

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever means that T'Challa is dead but the story of Wakanda continues without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Black Panther: Wakanda Forever means that T'Challa is dead but the story of Wakanda continues without him.
    Even the title feels like it's in mourning.

Sucks for T'Challa though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, I get it, We've got Captain and Ms. Marvel in the film but I don't think that necessitates taking Carol's codename out of the title. She's the MCU's first solo female lead and now she doesn't even get to have her name in the title in favor of something so non-descriptive and vague? It just seems like a confusing and clunky title.

Sure there's three super-powered women in the title, but it just doesn't feel right to not call it a Captain Marvel movie unless Carol isn't the lead, which just seems...kind of silly to me. I just don't get the thought process here.

The MCU never had to change the title for team-ups within the solo's before, so why now?
    I'm guessing it is more of a team movie and they changed the name to reflect that. Or Marvel is testing the waters with a bite sized A Force...

My explanation is that they came up with the title The Marvels for the team-up and thought it's perfect but then had the problem that Captain Marvel: The Marvels sounds pretty silly with the double use of the term Marvel so they decided to skip it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Even the title feels like it's in mourning.

Sucks for T'Challa though.
    Pretty much. Short of a soft reboot I don’t see him ever getting a complete arc in the MCU. Unless of course the plan is to recast by BP3 which seems unlikely. Or to have a new trilogy with him when Coogler finishes up with the franchise. But by then Disney might just think T’Challa isn’t necessary and might just never recast the role.

Hopefully they don’t start sidelining T’Challa in the comics over this, but that MCU synergy is inevitable. Really sucks to be a T’Challa fan rn with all the potential that was lost in Boseman’s passing and Disney’s decision not to recast.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Probably to pacify all the anti Larson fanbrats. Lmao.
    Or Marvel Studio rebranding the franchise because of the reaction to as you put it fanbrats. Weren't the directors also fired?

Ms Marvel Costume Leak FIRST LOOK 2021 & New Powers Explained - MCU Disney Plus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60CV-Oi5858

According to Grace Randolph, Ms. Marvel will have a totally different origin and powers. She won't be an Inhuman, and will be more like Green Lantern than Mister Fantastic.