Page 150 of 773 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 11593
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    If Jess belongs to Sony then three out of the six (if I'm not forgetting someone) female heroes who currently have their own book wouldn't be applicable for Marvel Studios. That may explain the lack of female-led movies in the near future.
    Still, you think Sony would try to move forward with a Spider-Woman project. Hopefully it happens soon, especially with Secret Invasion coming

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    holy crap you are right

I didn't realize there wasn't any female lead MCU movies coming.... they are all tv shows lol
    Depending on what they do with Black Widow, they could turn that into a solo franchise starring Florence Pugh going forward. And there's the Olivia Wilde movie that is potentially about Spider-Woman. We know it's a Sony project, but she implied Feige is involved as well, so that would likely make it MCU.

As someone who likes shows better than movies, I'm not complaining though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I *think* I read somewhere that Jessica Drew is 100% Marvel Studios, but for all I know her having "Spider" in her name was enough to lump her in with the Sony deal. But I feel like if Sony had control of her, they'd have made a Spider-Woman movie before sinking to the depths of Morbius....or however you spell the vampire's name.
    We found out through the Sony leaks years back that Jessica is split between Marvel and Sony the same way the Maximoff twins were between Marvel and FOX. Sony owns all parts of her character related to Spider-Man, and Marvel owns everything else. Meaning they both could do their own Jessica Drew, but she wouldn't feel quite complete without a deal. Marvel would never be able to show her as Spider-Woman, and Sony would basically just have the cool name, design and powers, but none of the essential backstory.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Depending on what they do with Black Widow, they could turn that into a solo franchise starring Florence Pugh going forward. And there's the Olivia Wilde movie that is potentially about Spider-Woman. We know it's a Sony project, but she implied Feige is involved as well, so that would likely make it MCU.

As someone who likes shows better than movies, I'm not complaining though.
    Considering how little focus female heroes get on their characterization and emotions in the movies, even when they're the stars of the movie (AMaW and Captain Marvel), maybe D+ shows might actually be better for them.

I doubt Yelena Belova is getting a series though

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Still, you think Sony would try to move forward with a Spider-Woman project. Hopefully it happens soon, especially with Secret Invasion coming
    They should move forward with the Black Cat/Silver Sable project. I think it's been almost ten years since I first read about it, lol.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

They should move forward with the Black Cat/Silver Sable project. I think it's been almost ten years since I first read about it, lol.
    Tbh I'd rather see Spider-Woman. Idk about a Black Cat/Silver Sable project. It might be good, but Sony's track record isn't promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "It was Agatha all along."

Are there any females left who could carry a solo film that aren't part of another franchise like the X-Men?

I mean, CA&TWS is potentially leading to a Cap 4, so maybe we could get a She-Hulk movie or something, but I'm not sure.
    I think Monica can but she's already appearing in Marvels.

But nearly all of Marvel's female characters are tied to teams. It's Sue Storm of the Fantastic Four. Wanda of the Avengers. Storm/Rogue/Kitty/Jean Grey of the X-Men. They haven't touched Phylla-Vell yet. There is also all the Spider-women; Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Cindy Moon, Anya Corazon, Mayday Parker, Spider-Gwen and non-Spider related women like Silver Sable and Black Cat whom they haven't adapted yet.

Fair point on most Marvel women being on tv shows as opposed to movies.

I heard that the script was horrible and the characters weren't faithful at all. Black Cat was a hacker in that movie. It could work but I wouldn't trust Sony with it.

Wish Marvel would just dust off 'Daughters of the Dragon' for Disney +.

Extraordinary Member

Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters

Movies
    Spider woman
    Madame Web

TV SERIES.
    Silk
    Silver & Black

Animation
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Spin-offs

Spider-Women
    Spider-Gwen and Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman and Cindy Moon / Silk
    Last edited by mace11; 05-04-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

not unless they do something way out there like Elsa Bloodstone

who owns Spider-Woman?>
    Marvel and Sony share the rights to Spider Woman. That is Marvel can use the character of Jessica Drew but they just can't call her Spider Woman. While Sony can use the name Spider Woman in films all they want.

It's like the Quicksilver (and Scarlet Witch) situation between Marvel and Fox.

So if Marvel WAS to give Jessica Drew her own movie she could have the power from the comic, the character could call herself Spider Woman in the MCU but her movie would have to be called/marketed as Hero For Hire, Alias Inc., Bounty Hunter J anything BUT Spider Woman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I heard that the script was horrible and the characters weren't faithful at all. Black Cat was a hacker in that movie. It could work but I wouldn't trust Sony with it.

Wish Marvel would just dust off 'Daughters of the Dragon' for Disney +.
    Hell yes. Colleen Wing was the best part of that Iron Fist series, and Misty Knight is growing on me, particularly in her pairing with Colleen in later shows.

Looks like all those TV shows are officially non canon

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...4508#gs.02fd1y
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

and
    New Disney+ Listing Seemingly Removes Agents of SHIELD From MCU Continuity
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/di...egacy-listing/

ABC shows are now a part of the 'Marvel Legacy' brand on Disney+
    https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...marvel_legacy/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wouldn't say officially because apparently this is a regional thing and some countries don't have the shows listed this way. So as long as it's not a ''universal'' thing, some fans are probably gonna argue there is still room for hope. But even outside of this, the writing's been on the wall... Kevin Feige compared the Marvel TV shows to FOX and Sony movies that ''Marvel didn't own'' on an interview not long ago, and then recently on the Assembled episode of TFATWS, Nate Moore says that the Disney+ shows are ''the first time'' Marvel connected movies and shows, ''something that was never done before''. Even if they don't say it outright, the dismissal of those productions is understood.

The worst part is that I feel like Feige is way too diplomatic and nice to give it to the fans straight and say ''those are not in the main continuity'' like he probably should, so fans of those shows are gonna keep hoping. I'm really curious to see how they will deal the whole Inhuman thing on Ms. Marvel, because that is the one show that has the power to render AOS completely invalid by simply stating the Inhumans are a new concept and no one knew about them before. And if it does that... it'll be interesting to see how Feige and the people involved on the show will dodge any potential questions about AOS.

Eh, not a surprise. We've known this was on its way to being official as soon as Disney+ became a thing, it was just a matter of waiting for the Studio to take the time to address it.

It's a shame, because a lot of those characters and their actors were worth keeping, but the Netflix stuff was never going to be integrated due to the mature rating (Disney doesn't want Charlie Cox's Daredevil in an Avengers film and have kids back track that to Netflix) and Fiege keeps too tight a grip on the MCU to bring in stuff he didn't personally oversee.

But all those shows are still good and worth watching (well, most of them) and them not being technically part of the MCU anymore doesn't make them any worse or less watchable. So it's not really a big deal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The only thing that bugs me is Agent Carter. Since Fiege, the Russos, and the writers of the Cap Trilogy and IW/EG were involved in that one, Jarvis from the show appeared in EG and the writers said in an interview they accounted for S1 and S2 of Agent Carter when picking which year Cap reunited with Peggy.

I can live with the rest of the shows being from an alternate timeline.