Page 160 of 773 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 11592
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    To me it's like watching two different characters played by the same actor.

First is the Iron Spider-Lad: The Stark fanboy who got to live the dream, gets a cool suit, idolizes Stark, has to deal with his legacy and filling in his shoes while also cleaning up Stark's messes. Never really disillusioned by his flawed mentor.

The Ditko Spider-Man: He swings, he quips to hide his insecurities, he has this perpetual cloud of 'responsibility' hanging over his head to the point of sabotaging his prom date just because he can't knowingly let the villain walk away, he makes mistakes but out of the best of intentions (giving Mysterio EDITH) and has to fight like hell to correct them, would rather spend his time doing something normal rather than being a superhero, he builds his own web shooters, salvaged his own computer, etc.

All I'm saying is, there is a really good Spider-Man movie just hidden underneath the Stark armor.
    I think he should be less of a fanboy. But honestly it's not really a massive problem IMO.

I think the biggest thing missing for Pete for me is a lot of his own genius not being allowed to shine. He has some of it, but it's not a main feature and a lot of it is assisted or replaced by Tony.

I didn't like, nor thought Tony needed to be his mentor. Especially since Tony couldn't behave enough to not hit on Aunt May.

And I agree that the Uncle Ben stuff taking a back seat, changed the impact of his reason for becoming a hero. And they could have done that without showing Ben's death again.

It also pissed me off that when Spider-man failed Tony, he takes the suit from him. When Pete is like 16. And just starting out. He's gonna fail until he gets some practice in.

The Tony thing just should not have been there, Pete's genius should have been a bigger feature in the creation of Spider-man, and that moment should have been his own. The same with his motivations to be a hero.

It did change him too much. Because it took away a lot of who he is and made it motivated by pleasing Mr. Stark.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Those are some good points. Although I feel he did more science than the previous live action versions

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    To me it's like watching two different characters played by the same actor.

First is the Iron Spider-Lad: The Stark fanboy who got to live the dream, gets a cool suit, idolizes Stark, has to deal with his legacy and filling in his shoes while also cleaning up Stark's messes. Never really disillusioned by his flawed mentor.

The Ditko Spider-Man: He swings, he quips to hide his insecurities, he has this perpetual cloud of 'responsibility' hanging over his head to the point of sabotaging his prom date just because he can't knowingly let the villain walk away, he makes mistakes but out of the best of intentions (giving Mysterio EDITH) and has to fight like hell to correct them, would rather spend his time doing something normal rather than being a superhero, he builds his own web shooters, salvaged his own computer, etc.

All I'm saying is, there is a really good Spider-Man movie just hidden underneath the Stark armor.
    I wish he quipped more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Those are some good points. Although I feel he did more science than the previous live action versions
    His science classes were featured. He creates his own suit and working web slingers in previous versions. In this one his suit is only the casual one and the web slingers need improved by Tony, not him. His full potential is reduced to growing potential that needs Tony's assistance...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    His science classes were featured. He creates his own suit and working web slingers in previous versions. In this one his suit is only the casual one and the web slingers need improved by Tony, not him. His full potential is reduced to growing potential that needs Tony's assistance...
    Maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly.

Of course, with Spider-Man, I don't like everything about the comic version, or think it all works in modern times, so maybe that's why I'm not so bothered by all the MCU changes.

Maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly.

Of course, with Spider-Man, I don't like everything about the comic version, or think it all works in modern times, so maybe that's why I'm not so bothered by all the MCU changes.
    I think a kid that is motivated by the death of a family member to be a better person and become a hero is very modern. Especially when he's also a science genius. Take away that motivation and some of that genius and you no longer have that character.

I also wonder who they are gonna give as Miles' best friend since they gave his best friend to Pete in this universe.

Ultimate Member

I think a kid that is motivated by the death of a family member to be a better person and become a hero is very modern. Especially when he's also a science genius. Take away that motivation and some of that genius and you no longer have that character.

I also wonder who they are gonna give as Miles' best friend since they gave his best friend to Pete in this universe.
    I didn't mean that part. I meant the loner guy who hides his identity. Or being the "main guy" despite not really being as important within universe. The powers, personality and costume are all good and can still work. But IMO some of his stuff is "superhero standard" at this point.

I didn't understand why they gave Miles' best friend to Pete either though. I like him having someone to talk to but why copy Ganke?

I didn't mean that part. I meant the loner guy who hides his identity. Or being the "main guy" despite not really being as important within universe. The powers, personality and costume are all good and can still work. But IMO some of his stuff is "superhero standard" at this point.

I didn't understand why they gave Miles' best friend to Pete either though. I like him having someone to talk to but why copy Ganke?
    Yeah but you are missing what makes Pete great and why he resonated with so many and became Marvel's most popular character. You think because it's the same costume and he web swings that he's the same. You are missing the heart and soul of the character and telling everyone this is the same thing.

This is why I'm not sure how they're going to work Miles within the MCU.
    I guess I just like the standard, then .

Ultimate Member

Yeah but you are missing what makes Pete great and why he resonated with so many and became Marvel's most popular character. You think because it's the same costume and he web swings that he's the same. You are missing the heart and soul of the character and telling everyone this is the same thing.
    I understand the heart and soul of the character. I just don't think it totally works anymore, at least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is why I'm not sure how they're going to work Miles within the MCU.

I guess I just like the standard, then .
    Ok. For me the standard is a bit passe. I like Spidey but I've come to like other Marvel heroes in different ways which stand out from him, so I think some, though not all, of the changes have helped him in the MCU. I hope NWH will fix some of the issue I have with him

As for Miles, I hope they wouldn't exclude his friend in the MCU just because they used that template for Peter

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guard...4686#gs.0mlbk2

Bautista REALLY wants killed off doesn't he lol?

Also, "Gunn is a Genius!" and then... "Marvel dropped the ball with the Destroyer!"

Is someone gonna tell him who had control over GoG? Especially GoG2 where Drax was flanderized? And who directed the parts og IW with GoG?

Not so sure he is out of line I think it hits different for some when marvel studios is criticized for some.....

I understand the heart and soul of the character. I just don't think it totally works anymore, at least not for me.
    Why doesn't a kid losing a relative work in a year where we lost 3.3 million people? There are kids out there that definitely can relate to that. And there are lots of kids in STEM, so why isn't that relative to now? Science is forward thinking. Not some lost relic.

Ultimate Member

Why doesn't a kid losing a relative work in a year where we lost 3.3 million people? There are kids out there that definitely can relate to that. And there are lots of kids in STEM, so why isn't that relative to now? Science is forward thinking. Not some lost relic.
    That wasn't the part I was talking about

That wasn't the part I was talking about
    What of the character doesn't work now?