Page 164 of 773 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 11592
    Ultimate Member

But why would anyone want to see the character back?

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Lilly just confirmed on social media that she read the script for Quantumania. She tagged Corey Stoll so people are speculating he is coming back as Darren Cross.

I think Cross died but they could bring him back via time travel. I think it would be cool if they took a page from the Avengers Forever comic storyline and had Kang recruit Cross from earlier in the timeline as Yellowjacket against the heroes at some point.
    I think the director hinted in an interview that Cross might not be dead.

Maybe he just got shrunk subatomically into the Quantum Realm and ends up working for Kang.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the director hinted in an interview that Cross might not be dead.

Maybe he just got shrunk subatomically into the Quantum Realm and ends up working for Kang.
    Yeah I'd guess "lost in the quantum realm" more than "pulled out of the timeline" for Cross' return, if he does actually return in anything more substantial than a flashback.

If Cross does return I'm not terribly excited by it. He wasn't a terribly impressive or novel villain the first time around. But the actor is solid and you never know what kind of crazy new direction the character might take. Hell, we saw cities in the background of the quantum realm, maybe Cross has been living in one of those instead of just floating in literal limbo, and who knows what kind of knowledge, philosophy, or powers he might return with, if he does actually return?

Y'all can't tell me that Cross returning as Kang's enforcer, with powers akin to what we saw from Janet and years' worth of knowledge gained from microscopic civilizations, isn't something you'd be entertained by.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-21-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah I'd guess "lost in the quantum realm" more than "pulled out of the timeline" for Cross' return, if he does actually return in anything more substantial than a flashback.

If Cross does return I'm not terribly excited by it. He wasn't a terribly impressive or novel villain the first time around. But the actor is solid and you never know what kind of crazy new direction the character might take. Hell, we saw cities in the background of the quantum realm, maybe Cross has been living in one of those instead of just floating in literal limbo, and who knows what kind of knowledge, philosophy, or powers he might return with, if he does actually return?

Y'all can't tell me that Cross returning as Kang's enforcer, with powers akin to what we saw from Janet and years' worth of knowledge gained from microscopic civilizations, isn't something you'd be entertained by.
    Cross's seething hatred and determination to kill Scott at the end of Ant-Man really endeared him to me.

First Jamie Foxx' Electro, now Yellowjacket, I get the feeling phase four has a recurring theme of bringing forgettable antagonists back.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    First Jamie Foxx' Electro, now Yellowjacket, I get the feeling phase four has a recurring theme of bringing forgettable antagonists back.
    Building up to the Masters of Evil? Or Thunderbolts?

Building up to the Masters of Evil? Or Thunderbolts?
    Whatever they call it building up a villain team is long overdue in my opinion. Having several established villains with diversified skillsets as antagonists would provide some variety for the climactic battle in the next team-up movie compared to fighting a faceless CGI army of aliens or robots for the fifth time.

But they should choose better villains than Yellowjacket or Electro for it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Whatever they call it building up a villain team is long overdue in my opinion. Having several established villains with diversified skillsets as antagonists would provide some variety for the climactic battle in the next team-up movie compared to fighting a faceless CGI army of aliens or robots for the fifth time.

But they should choose better villains than Yellowjacket or Electro for it.
    They really dropped the ball with the Black Order.

Ultimate Member

Should any other villains return?

They really dropped the ball with the Black Order.
    Was always going to be a hard task to establish them in a movie that had the purpose of characterizing the big bad of the whole saga properly and on top of that had more than 20 heroes in it who needed to get their due. By introducing this supposed new team over several movies this problem would be avoided.

Ultimate Member

Idk. Was anyone really expecting the Black Order to be a huge deal in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk. Was anyone really expecting the Black Order to be a huge deal in the MCU?
    Kind of? Not necessarily a big deal but at least more memorable than they ended up being.

Most of them didn't even get named.

Ultimate Member

Kind of? Not necessarily a big deal but at least more memorable than they ended up being.

Most of them didn't even get named.
    Ok. While I would've liked more, they did as much as I expected or needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. While I would've liked more, they did as much as I expected or needed
    And I feel they could've been done a little better .