Page 175 of 761 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 11410
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm trying to think of other herors connected to She-Hulk
    Patsy Walker.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

The three time keepers.....is this a reference to the Living Tribunal?
    No, the three Time Keepers are actual Marvel Comics characters that have been around at least since the 70's; they approached Immortus and imparted to him advanced time-travel knowledge that he didn't have; later on I believe they were tied to the TVA, which is first mentioned in Simonson's Thor. spoilers:
    The late 70's Thor comic where Thor travels to Limbo to get his hammer back from Immortus has a scene where Immortus casually tosses Mjolnir up in the air, much to Thor's surprise, telling him that there are no enchantments in Limbo other than his own - the Infinity Stones being powerless in the TVA offices reminded me of that straight away.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Panic; 06-11-2021 at 02:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    Casting made for Titania in She-Hulk
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-she-hulk-...lsGM9BEmOOZeAk
    Yesss, couldn't imagine this show without her. I wonder what they're gonna do about Absorbing Man, if they do anything at all. It would be so weird to have Mary without Carl, but then again, that would require them to officially dismiss AOS from MCU canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Does the show settle the "is Steve in the 'real' past or a branching timeline" debate? The TVA prunes branches and are crazy extreme about enforcing the sacred timeline, and will straight up zap a dude for picking up a box he didn't know he wasn't supposed to take. The judge says the Avengers were meant to go on a time heist so the sacred timeline has room for time travel, it's incorporated into "the plan," but the catch is that you can't create a branch doing it. Cap didn't get erased by TVA agents, so what he did must have been part of the sacred timeline.
    I don't think it settles anything, honestly. If anything, I've seen more question and debates pop up as a result. Fans don't have a consensus on what The Sacred Timeline actually means. Some people took it literally, as it being a single timeline where no branches are allowed to exist at all, but some people interpreted it as a cluster of timelines that flow together in union and are allowed to co-exist as long as the Time Keepers allow it. I like the second interpretation better, because I don't think that saying that the current MCU is the only universe that exists ever is a good idea. So we're just gonna act like Marvel comics, cartoons, etc, don't exist? It's weird. Not too mention that it kind of contradicts what we've seen in movies before. Doctor Strange saw millions of futures in Infinity War. How could that be possible if there are no other universes? Endgame made it clear that any changes made in the past create branches in the timeline, and even the Russos straight up said that Steve created a branched timeline when he went back in time to be with Peggy. If no branches are allowed at all, Steve should've been held accountable. Gamora too for escaping her timeline. But we know they're not gonna do that to those characters, so... how do you explain that without undermining the time travel concept introduced in Endgame? I think it's less messier if you say that the Time Keepers allow some branches, but not others.

And oh, this episode had a very explicit ''Earth-616'' easter-egg (it was the name of the film strip of Loki's life that he was watching). If there is no multiverse currently in the MCU, why would they classify the Earth by a number like the comics do to distinguish different universes?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Patsy Walker.
    Oh yeah, Hellcat. Maybe she'll show up too.

Mighty Member

So, when it comes to Thor: The Dark World, it's not a bad MCU movie but it does feel a little off. Alan Taylor is a decent director and has directed among other things Mad Men and some Game of Thrones episodes. So, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, when it comes to Thor: The Dark World, it's not a bad MCU movie but it does feel a little off. Alan Taylor is a decent director and has directed among other things Mad Men and some Game of Thrones episodes. So, what happened?
    According to TVTROPES there was a lot of executive meddling behind the scenes. Different people came and left the project. Most of the people who worked on it later regretted it.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...orTheDarkWorld

I guess they didn't know what to do with the fantasy aspects with Thor or even Thor himself.

Most people who just watch the movies tend to prefer Thor after Ragnarok. Even Hemsworth was contemplating quitting till Ragnarok renewed his interest in Thor.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-11-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

I don't think DW is a bad movie, just underwhelming

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Don't mean to start an argument war or anything, but what's the deal with people getting filtered by the Loki pilot episode? Obviously, I know not everyone reads comics but the Infinity Stones/Gems being restrained by their home universe and not being that important to cosmic Marvel has been a thing for literal decades. Also, I saw some folks saying predeterminism lessens the MCU as a whole? Duh? What did you think would happen when Marvel Studios announced they're explored the multiverse? The MCU isn't at all special and I can't wait tell they find out that "god" is just the author.

End rant lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I can't wait tell they find out that "god" is just the author.
    That's a dc thing by the way(the writer),not a marvel thing.
    Even if it was marvel thing they will not do for live action,same thing for dc.
    For dc that was only pre flashpoint anyway.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-11-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    That's a dc thing by the way(the writer),not a marvel thing.
    Even if it was marvel thing they will not do for live action,same thing for dc.
    For dc that was only pre flashpoint anyway.
    Other way around. “God” in the Marvel Universe is Jack Kirby per that one FF arc where they go to Heaven to bring back Ben. “God” in the DCU is the Abrahamic God and he’s the top God of the DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Other way around. “God” in the Marvel Universe is Jack Kirby per that one FF arc where they go to Heaven to bring back Ben.
    In Deadpool: Secret Agent Deadpool #6, the One-Above-All bears a striking resemblance to Jack Kirby.
    That's only in one book.

I posted some info on this before and to make it clear what was going on.

Both Jack Kirby and Stan Lee have often been considered as avatars of this character, and their initials appear in the House of Ideas.
    Well the one above all in comics real form is not human looking at all like the beyonder.The one above all could look like anyone,jack or stan or anyone else.
    It is not really jack or stan in image i wll post below.It's the one above all.Of course one above all could look like a real human when he transforms but he so far does did not look like jack or stan at all below.
    Here is another image below for the one above all.

One-Above-All (Multiverse)

The one and above all does not look human for example and does not look like jack or stan.

“God” in the DCU is the Abrahamic God and he’s the top God of the DCU.

Not pre-flash point.
    The most powerful god of dc was the writer.
    Grant Morrison is the author, and is thus technically omnipotent and omniscient in the comic book universe. While being written by other authors, he has displayed an awareness of his own fictional nature, access to the physical script for the issue allowing a limited prescience, and a reality manipulation ability that allows him to cause anything to happen once he has written it into the script.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-11-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think it settles anything, honestly. If anything, I've seen more question and debates pop up as a result.
    I don't think the episode gave us a definitive answer, so I'm not surprised the debate has reignited. But I do think this gives us more information and helps narrow things down. At the very least we have a better idea of how the MCU is structured and what kinds of things are possible/allowed.

Fans don't have a consensus on what The Sacred Timeline actually means. Some people took it literally, as it being a single timeline where no branches are allowed to exist at all, but some people interpreted it as a cluster of timelines that flow together in union and are allowed to co-exist as long as the Time Keepers allow it.
    I don't think the show told us enough to definitively say whether the sacred timeline is a singular history or a collective that coexist. I could see it being either. We have a lot of talk about a multiverse coming up with Strange 2, America Chavez, What If? and so on. But we don't yet know what shape those things will actually take.

Doctor Strange saw millions of futures in Infinity War. How could that be possible if there are no other universes?
    I figure Strange was looking at possible futures, not branches that had already happened. Like, he could look into the future and see you at a fork in the road and watch you go down both paths....but only one is part of the sacred timeline, the other is a deviation. In fact, if Strange saw only one victory out of many, then that one victory was likely the sacred timeline while everything else were branches that might have been created.

Endgame made it clear that any changes made in the past create branches in the timeline, and even the Russos straight up said that Steve created a branched timeline when he went back in time to be with Peggy. If no branches are allowed at all, Steve should've been held accountable. Gamora too for escaping her timeline. But we know they're not gonna do that to those characters, so... how do you explain that without undermining the time travel concept introduced in Endgame? I think it's less messier if you say that the Time Keepers allow some branches, but not others.
    Well the Russos say it's a branch but the script writers say it's the same timeline, so....I guess it doesn't really matter what what either had in mind; until the films state on screen which is true it's Schrodinger's cat.

But Loki's first episode gives an out for Steve and Gamora; if the time heist was meant to happen then Steve and Gamora could also be meant to be displaced in history. It seems like it just comes down to whether something is part of "the plan" or not.

And oh, this episode had a very explicit ''Earth-616'' easter-egg (it was the name of the film strip of Loki's life that he was watching). If there is no multiverse currently in the MCU, why would they classify the Earth by a number like the comics do to distinguish different universes?
    Ah, I missed that. That's either a solid hint that the sacred timeline has several coexisting branches, or a fun easter egg we shouldn't take too seriously. After the Ralph incident in Wandavision I'm not assuming anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Not sure why it's so controversial. I found it kind of humorous that TVA workers were using tesseracts and Infinity Stones as paper weights. It's to show that nothing, Loki's powers, the stones and tesseract has no power in the TVA. Not sure why some viewers would interpret that as "really, the stones aren't that important?" Comics have played with that idea for years.

iMan 42s

My issue with the TVA is that it simply does not hold up to scrutiny at the surface level and turns dramatic moments in the MCU into Kronika of MK11.

Maintaining a single timeline is one thing. Buuuuut, what this does is basically rob everyone of agency in the story boiling it down to "the writers did it" as a response to everything. Iron man doesn't sacrifice himself to save the universe, he was written to do that. Thanos murdering Gamora? Her head was always meant to splatter open like a Cadbury cream egg. It takes people out of the moment when you're reminding them they're watching a movie, a TV show, a comic, and that nobody actually has a say in anything and that it's all the writer's doing turning the act of writing a story into a meta super villain and that's fucking lame. It never works. Deadpool plays against type and runs with the idea that he's in a specific medium but that can never be the whole character. Your character should never physically enter the damn writers room.

The infinity stones work to give the impression that the TVA is that powerful but that's also robbing the drama of Infinity War. Thanos murdered Loki, killed half the universe, simply holding it by someone not superhuman will disintegrate them, it's a paper weight. 10 years of build up and the nerd in the cubicle uses them for a paper weight. That's 10 years of build up and pay off for a College Humor bit. That's illustrating the threat but that's also saying that the real threat wasn't Thanos but the writers room. Sure you're technically right, but you shouldn't take the audience out of the moment.

And the TVA just doesn't work. How do you even get variants if there is only one way reality can go? Why verify someone is who they say they are if you know immediately who the variant is and can go right to them? Why even put someone on trial if they unknowingly changed the timeline how would they even know if that's illegal if no one knew about them? If they can just reset the timeline right then why even have a trial? Why not just deploy the reset device and leave? And yeah the various atrocities and events of the MCU? The three A-holes in charge can't have Loki live but they're fine with the blip, Holocaust, Hive, Red Skull, the events in Sokovia, and violating its own rules because changing the future is only a problem when Loki does it.

Loki as a show really just works because Tom Hiddleston is a good actor but it's own premise if fucking dumb.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

I simply don't understand why people can't wait and see more of the TVA and what the show has planned for the organization instead of just going "It's dumb bad and everything is terrible now!"
    Like good lord give the show some time we're only on episode 1.