Page 218 of 775 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 11611
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I get it. The high concept stuff, Superman and Thor and New Gods, that's where I live. Those are my favorite comics. But I also want variety, and different perspectives, different themes and genres. I wanna mix it up sometimes yknow?

And it's not like Fury is some grubby, street level vigilante here. He's living in a space station that looks like it fell out of Star Trek and running with one of the most dangerous and capable alien races at Marvel. The highest ranking Skrull we've seen on screen apparently *works* for the guy. This is *not* a low key narrative. It's just a different kind of super power; "authority" as something you can flex, like super strength. But if it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea. Hopefully you've enjoyed the other stuff they've been doing, and enjoy what comes next.
    That's kinda what I'm saying. I want them to try new things, but their idea of "spy" is the same as everyone else's. The idea of a superpowered spy is something potentially new and interesting, but Marvel seems to equate espionage with barely any to no powers. I'm looking forward to seeing Fury and Talos as mich as anyone is, but I'd actually like to see a superhuman use actual superpowers for espionage and subterfuge, instead of just combat, rather than just people like Black Widow. That would be mixing things up IMO. I think of it as mid level, between powerless street level and cosmic deity level

I'm re-reading the old Fraction run of Iron Man, and just hit the arc where he builds the RT car and goes public with the battery tech. Tony was going to save the world from the energy crisis by putting the RT in everything from toasters to planes. Of course the comics never let him pull it off, but I'd love to see the MCU adopt a similar approach and stick with it. Maybe at the end of Armor Wars, Rhodes realizes he can't keep Tony's tech out of everyone's hands, so he removes the advantage by giving it to everybody, and scenes end up with red and gold RT baby bottles (call back to IM1!) and cars and everything else. I don't know, if the MCU is willing to step away from the real world with the Snap and all else, then I'd like to see the guy who started it all honored in such a way.
    That's an interesting idea. I think actually allowing the science to change the world in a good way is a potentially interesting storyline. It can show superpowers and technology being used outside of combat. And even then, there can be ethical questions leading to future conflicts

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With Eternals I feel like I just need to see more, I'm only kind of worried about them downplaying Sersi's personality and how they'll handle the Deviants.
    So apparently the Eternals we saw, is actually suppose to be a teaser not a trailer, but MCU movies are pretty black and white at this point due to the derivate style of their film making . Either they call it teaser, trailer, footage, I feel you can always get the full scope just from the little we have seen so far. I don't think there is more to see, that is going to change any predictions that is will just fall in line with the other past films.

I'm re-reading the old Fraction run of Iron Man, and just hit the arc where he builds the RT car and goes public with the battery tech. Tony was going to save the world from the energy crisis by putting the RT in everything from toasters to planes. Of course the comics never let him pull it off, but I'd love to see the MCU adopt a similar approach and stick with it. Maybe at the end of Armor Wars, Rhodes realizes he can't keep Tony's tech out of everyone's hands, so he removes the advantage by giving it to everybody, and scenes end up with red and gold RT baby bottles (call back to IM1!) and cars and everything else. I don't know, if the MCU is willing to step away from the real world with the Snap and all else, then I'd like to see the guy who started it all honored in such a way.
    They could also tie it into how electric cars and charging stations are becoming more common place only it's Stark Cars instead of Teslas.

I have to be honest. When someone refers to women as broads, and notes age, etc, I tune out. Not a valid comment, question or thread AT ALL.

Frankly men age worse than women, at least in facial. Thinking of the wrinkles on action heroes like Stallone or Bruce; yet rarely is heard a complaint about their looks.

Judging women by their looks, age, etc, is extremely sexist.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They could also tie it into how electric cars and charging stations are becoming more common place only it's Stark Cars instead of Teslas.
    I think they could do several ideas like this. And show both the positive and negative affects of these multimillion dollar tech corporations. Maybe they can even do a "space race" parody of guys like Bezos and Musk.

With Ant-Man 3, they could try a similar approach with Pym tech, to see how that affects society as well

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I have to be honest. When someone refers to women as broads, and notes age, etc, I tune out. Not a valid comment, question or thread AT ALL.

Frankly men age worse than women, at least in facial. Thinking of the wrinkles on action heroes like Stallone or Bruce; yet rarely is heard a complaint about their looks.

Judging women by their looks, age, etc, is extremely sexist.
    Yeah. And women are often pressured to cover up their natural appearances more than men as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Women age worse than men in the face. this is because women are more pressured to look good, so they do try a lot of things like plastic surgery and that makes their face look worse as they get older.

Also You will not even know that there is an 8 years age cap between Gwen Paltrow and Robert Downer Jnr in the MCU films, however some can see there is an 8 year age gap between Amy Adams and Henry Cavill in the DC films.

Judging women by their looks, age, etc, is extremely sexist
    But Sadly that is what the industry does and comic films are no different. reason, Scar Jo was very objectified in Iron Man 2, her first MCU appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Women age worse than men in the face. this is because women are more pressured to look good, so they do try a lot of things like plastic surgery and that makes their face look worse as they get older.

Also You will not even know that there is an 8 years age cap between Gwen Paltrow and Robert Downer Jnr in the MCU films, however some can see there is an 8 year age gap between Amy Adams and Henry Cavill in the DC films.

But Sadly that is what the industry does and comic films are no different. reason, Scar Jo was very objectified in Iron Man 2, her first MCU appearance.
    Women don't age worse than man on the face, this is no sense. Men are allowed to age and women don't.

The MCU could use more women in the 35-40+ range. Wrinkles are nothing more than indicators that you have lived. Rene Russo, Marisa Tomei, Kathryn Kahn and Rachel Weisz all look great in their respective roles and they're all 45+.

Though as entertaining as Marisa Tomei and Kathryn Hahn were as their respective characters, they look much younger comic book counterparts. I hope next time they cast an old lady character from the comics, they actually cast an old lady actress.

I honestly don't get some of the choices being made in the MCU. I just don't know who was thinking "yes, people are clamoring for a black widow movie." The whole thing just feels like "she was here from the beginning, just about everyone else got one, let's do it." Out of all the females they could have chosen this is what they went with. I feel like i could go watch Salt and i proably seen the Black Widow movie. And the promotional material is about as non-diverse as one can get.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I honestly don't get some of the choices being made in the MCU. I just don't know who was thinking "yes, people are clamoring for a black widow movie." The whole thing just feels like "she was here from the beginning, just about everyone else got one, let's do it." Out of all the females they could have chosen this is what they went with. I feel like i could go watch Salt and i proably seen the Black Widow movie. And the promotional material is about as non-diverse as one can get.
    Scarlet wanted to make it is the biggest reason.

People were clamoring for it... befoer she was killed off in end game.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I was just looking at the promo material again and they could have just named this movie "To russia, with love." i guess they felt they met the diversity quota since they had so many woman but this makes me even less interested in seeing the Disney + Hawkeye.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I was just looking at the promo material again and they could have just named this movie "To russia, with love." i guess they felt they met the diversity quota since they had so many woman but this makes me even less interested in seeing the Disney + Hawkeye.
    ... it was a movie about a russian character fighting back against the russian program that made her... what exactly did you expect "diversity" wise?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

... it was a movie about a russian character fighting back against the russian program that made her... what exactly did you expect "diversity" wise?
    When your right your right. A russian in a fictional russian country fighting back a fictional russian program. I don't know what i was thinking. The talking robots had me confused for a minute.

but just to be super fair. Wakanda was a fictional african country but they still had fictional white people on the promo material.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-21-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Maria Stark: Be nice, dear. He's been studying abroad.
    Howard Stark: Really, which broad?

Oh come on, I aint' got nothing against women. I'm just using lingo the MCU itself used in its movies. I don't like these double standards any more than the rest of you do. I think it is a little bit preposterous that Patrick Stewart, Harrison Ford, and Liam Neeson are STILL playing action heroes/leading men. I LOVE all of these dudes, but when are we gonna get some fresh blood? No way in hell would leading ladies the ages of those guys be doing those kinda films. NO WAY! I don't understand why folks following the MCU want Daniel Craig, Viggo Mortensen, Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise etc to play superheroes. I think they've already aged out of the genre. That's why I think Nick Fury should retire after Secret Invasion. I love me some Samuel L. Jackson, but he was really showing some rust in Captain Marvel. And I do think women are judged on their appearances...Oftentimes by OTHER WOMEN. People praise Paul Rudd for his excruciatingly slow aging process, but I NEVER hear anything similar about the gals in the MCU/DCEU. And the tv/movie versions of Agatha and Aunt May are WAY younger than their comic book counterparts. I also HATE actresses putting on SO much make-up. To me, that kind of thing actually looks gross. They shouldn't have to do that, but I think they feel that they have to. Since Hollywood loves their leading ladies to be young and beautiful, I'm hoping Cobie Smulders gets some more time in the MCU before the powers that be think she's become too long in the tooth.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-21-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'm not against the idea of a Black Widow movie but it's not really the most interesting concept to being with. The whole "no powers" type heroes only can be so interesting IMO. But it probably should've come earlier.

Weren't people only asking for this movie around Phase 3? I remember her getting plenty of hate in earlier phases, some of it being excessive IMO

Is it possible to be less interested in the Hawkeye show?