Page 22 of 775 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

art by Bosslogic

THR says that director Scott Derrickson will return for Doctor Strange 2. The script will be written next year, the movie will film in 2020, and the film will be released in May 2021.

This the the MCU schedule that we know moving forward

March- Captain Marvel
    April- Avengers: Endgame
    July- Spider-Man: Far From Home

May- Black Widow
    November- Eternals

February- Black Panther 2
    May- Doctor Strange 2
    November- ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

March- Captain Marvel

May- Black Widow
    November- Eternals

May- Doctor Strange 2
    November- ??????
    These have all been officially confirmed by the Studio? Last I knew we still didn't have "official" dates for most of these.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

THR says that director Scott Derrickson will return for Doctor Strange 2. The script will be written next year, the movie will film in 2020, and the film will be released in May 2021.

March- Captain Marvel

May- Black Widow
    November- Eternals

May- Doctor Strange 2
    November- ??????
    At a guess, either Avengers: Secret Invasion, GOTG 3 or the arrival of the X-Men in the MCU. With Avengers vs X-Men and Secret Wars to follow.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

March- Captain Marvel

May- Black Widow
    November- Eternals

May- Doctor Strange 2
    November- ??????
    You forgot Shang Chi, and the next Avengers.

I'm a little bummed about this, to be honest. The movie was good, dont get me wrong. I really enjoyed it. But I feel like Strange could be a great option for more of a horror genre movie. And if we get more of the same from Dr. Strange 2, all well and good because it was a solid film, but I feel like it could be something *different* yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Derrickson has a horror background, and while he had to make the first movie more... streamlined, I guess he could definitely use his horror background more for the second movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm a little bummed about this, to be honest. The movie was good, dont get me wrong. I really enjoyed it. But I feel like Strange could be a great option for more of a horror genre movie. And if we get more of the same from Dr. Strange 2, all well and good because it was a solid film, but I feel like it could be something *different* yknow?
    While I have no preference for having a horror inflection I agree that more of the same will not be to my taste. Strange was one of the weaker outings of the MCU. I probably wouldn’t bother to see it at the cinema unless it showed a bit more promise than last time, because I didn’t see the last one at the cinema and never regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    While I have no preference for having a horror inflection I agree that more of the same will not be to my taste. Strange was one of the weaker outings of the MCU. I probably wouldn’t bother to see it at the cinema unless it showed a bit more promise than last time, because I didn’t see the last one at the cinema and never regretted it.
    Well, quality of the movie aside, Dr. Strange was one of the few movies that actually looked sooooooooooooooo much better on a large imax/3D screen than it did at home or even in a regular screen.

In regards to DS2, I'm more optimistic because they skipped all the training **** and went straight to Sorcerer Supreme, uber powerful Dr. Strange in IW. So, it should limit that "kung fu with a bit of yellow energy weapons" stuff.

More spells, more cool magic **** instead.

So, thanks russos
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Derrickson has a horror background, and while he had to make the first movie more... streamlined, I guess he could definitely use his horror background more for the second movie.
    He said he had plans for Nightmare if he ever did a second movie, so I imagine there will probably be some horror elements if Nightmare ends up being the main villain of the sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    In regards to DS2, I'm more optimistic because they skipped all the training **** and went straight to Sorcerer Supreme, uber powerful Dr. Strange in IW. So, it should limit that "kung fu with a bit of yellow energy weapons" stuff.

More spells, more cool magic **** instead.

So, thanks russos
    I imagine the sequel will probably deal with Strange becoming the legitimate Sorcerer Supreme.

IW Strange was closer to comic Strange in both personality and abilities so I hope that continues moving forward once Derrickson is back in the directors chair.

(Although in light of Infinity War, will he ever sport the Eye of Agamotto again?)

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think it's a solid film and a worthy inclusion in the MCU. I mean, it's better than 90% of the non-MCU movies out there. We've just been spoiled by films like Winter Soldier and Infinity War that "good" looks pretty bland, yknow?

Definitely not knocking the movie, because it wasn't a bad film at all. It was solid and a good introduction for the character. I just wish that they had taken advantage of Strange and the new (to the MCU) genres he can tap into.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He said he had plans for Nightmare if he ever did a second movie, so I imagine there will probably be some horror elements if Nightmare ends up being the main villain of the sequel.
    I'd be down with that.

I dont necessarily need a horror vibe with Strange, I just think he opens up options that the other heroes in the MCU don't and that should be taken advantage of. We're ten years and twenty movies into the MCU, without a real flop to their name yet. I dont think they need to play it safe anymore.

~ Black Panther.

I'd be down with that.

I dont necessarily need a horror vibe with Strange, I just think he opens up options that the other heroes in the MCU don't and that should be taken advantage of. We're ten years and twenty movies into the MCU, without a real flop to their name yet. I dont think they need to play it safe anymore.
    I think Derrickson dropped the ball with Dormammu a little so I hope whatever threat Strange faces in his next movie is portrayed well.

(Plus Clea. I want plenty of Clea).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I have been thinking about Phases 4 to 6 when Endgame wraps and am wondering... what do you guys think a suitable equal to Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame might be? I have thought that after probably using Secret Invasion with Avengers, Annihilation with Guardians of the Galaxy and Dark Reign/Seige with Spider-Man and Thor, alongside introducing the FF and X-Men to the MCU with Magneto and Doctor Doom, the ultimate road should be to Avengers vs X-Men, The Coming Of Galactus and finally Secret Wars for Phase 6. What do you guys think?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would love to see Clea as well. They could have Clea be sent by her uncle Dormammu to act as his agent on Earth against Strange but eventually side with him against her uncle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yep, Derrickson has repeatedly said Nightmare would be his villain of choice if he does a sequel.

Cillian Murphy, Bill Skarsgård or Sam Riley would be my top three picks for Nightmare.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So I have been thinking about Phases 4 to 6 when Endgame wraps and am wondering... what do you guys think a suitable equal to Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame might be? I have thought that after probably using Secret Invasion with Avengers, Annihilation with Guardians of the Galaxy and Dark Reign/Seige with Spider-Man and Thor, alongside introducing the FF and X-Men to the MCU with Magneto and Doctor Doom, the ultimate road should be to Avengers vs X-Men, The Coming Of Galactus and finally Secret Wars for Phase 6. What do you guys think?
    Avengers vs. X-Men would be redundant. We already had Civil War, we don't need another one, and they would have to re-introduce the Phoenix Force after next year's Dark Phoenix, and have a House of M type film if they want to keep the essence of the original story, which Disney has been doing so far. They should go with Onslaught or something that has them working together, not another clash. Sequel events don't work in the comics, they may not work in films.