Page 236 of 761 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk how much they'll need to differentiate Sersi from Mantis. The MCU doesn't have a lot of telepaths anyway, not next to all the super strong and flying and energy beams heroes.
    Well, when you reduce it down to their only power, but I guess it's in how you apply it.

I don't see why she can't still have transmutation powers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, when you reduce it down to their only power, but I guess it's in how you apply it.

She literally does transmutation in the trailer…

Eh, Mantis is an empath. She deals with emotions while telepaths deal with thoughts.

Shouldn't be hard to make them feel different.

Was just talking about this in the Ms. Marvel thread, and I gotta say it pisses me off that we can have dozens of people with super strength or nebulous energy powers, but something like stretching or psychokinesis and suddenly you can only have a single hero with the powerset. I don't get why it's fine for Thor, Hulk, Cap, Carol, and whoever else to be capable of throwing tanks across a battlefield, but it's not okay for two characters to be capable of reaching the top shelf or reading a mind.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    She literally does transmutation in the trailer…
    Then I don't really get why they didn't mention that. Unless she just really doesn't fight much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, Mantis is an empath. She deals with emotions while telepaths deal with thoughts.

Was just talking about this in the Ms. Marvel thread, and I gotta say it pisses me off that we can have dozens of people with super strength or nebulous energy powers, but something like stretching or psychokinesis and suddenly you can only have a single hero with the powerset. I don't get why it's fine for Thor, Hulk, Cap, Carol, and whoever else to be capable of throwing tanks across a battlefield, but it's not okay for two characters to be capable of reaching the top shelf or reading a mind.
    I know, but they're talking about her as if her main thing is being an empath.

Granted I wasn't really crazy about how they handled adapting Mantis to begin with.

Ultimate Member

Exactly. For some reason, we can have a bunch of flying/running bricks but two mental powers or stretchy characters or whatever is too much. I don't get it. The more "out there" powers are the most interesting. And outside of Tony's nanosuit, the O6 MCU Avengers have the most basic powers (and least interesting in BW's and Hawkeye's cases)

Exactly. For some reason, we can have a bunch of flying/running bricks but two mental powers or stretchy characters or whatever is too much. I don't get it. The more "out there" powers are the most interesting. And outside of Tony's nanosuit, the O6 MCU Avengers have the most basic powers (and least interesting in BW's and Hawkeye's cases)
    I don't think people are even debating another flying brick. Is Sersi even one? I think she's just durable like most Eternals are, but Ikaris or Thena are closer to that mold.

Ultimate Member

I don't think people are even debating another flying brick. Is Sersi even one? I think she's just durable like most Eternals are, but Ikaris or Thena are closer to that mold.
    Ok, but my point was a bunch of heroes with super strength/speed/flight/energy beams is ok, but somehow other powers can only be used once or twice.

Ok, but my point was a bunch of heroes with super strength/speed/flight/energy beams is ok, but somehow other powers can only be used once or twice.
    I think it depends on a lot of factors...application of powers, specific team configuration, character, etc.

Ultimate Member

I think it depends on a lot of factors...application of powers, specific team configuration, character, etc.
    That's true, but that applies to all superpowers. They could be really creative with the more crazy powers

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Mike Colter is starring in Evil on Paramount Plus. He has moved on from Luke Cage. His current show is better than that one.
    Very, very skeptical about that one.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We'll have a chance to see how different Monica will be from Carol in The Marvels. Aside from energy absorption and channeling, Monica can actually become energy and thus intangible and invisible while Carol can't. If solid energy construct manipulation is what Kamala will do in both her series and the movie, it will at least look and act distinct. But I hope she won't use energy (unless it is just the visible manifestation of her body's powers), to make her stand out from her two co-stars.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Granted I wasn't really crazy about how they handled adapting Mantis to begin with.
    I don't know if I'd ever read a comic with Mantis before seeing her in the films so I don't have the same attachment to the source material. I think the character works well within the MCU, but I get why Mantis fans don't like it. I'd be pissed too, if I had been a fan to begin with. Hell, I'm pissed about this Kamala rumor and that's just a rumor I don't even fully buy into.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well Mantis has/had a penchant for referring to herself in the third person. "This one" instead of "I". At one point She-Hulk called it out during a superheroine team-up. Maybe if they retained it in the MCU people would think Marvel wants to give someone their own speech pattern like Yoda, though he has far greater impact in the Star Wars universe. (Just my rambling thoughts.)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We'll have a chance to see how different Monica will be from Carol in The Marvels. Aside from energy absorption and channeling, Monica can actually become energy and thus intangible and invisible while Carol can't. If solid energy construct manipulation is what Kamala will do in both her series and the movie, it will at least look and act distinct. But I hope she won't use energy (unless it is just the visible manifestation of her body's powers), to make her stand out from her two co-stars.
    I mean, someone enlarging and stretching out her body would probably stand out well to begin with in my opinion. Not sure why we need to throw constructs in there.
    I don't know if I'd ever read a comic with Mantis before seeing her in the films so I don't have the same attachment to the source material. I think the character works well within the MCU, but I get why Mantis fans don't like it. I'd be pissed too, if I had been a fan to begin with. Hell, I'm pissed about this Kamala rumor and that's just a rumor I don't even fully buy into.
    I was introduced to her in the DnA Guardians run where...she was fairly different, to say the least.

I also just really didn't appreciate the Drax dynamic.

I mean, someone enlarging and stretching out her body would probably stand out well to begin with in my opinion. Not sure why we need to throw constructs in there.
    Of course embiggening will stand out the most. With energy constructs, she'd stand out in a lesser way as they're still energy, so in that situation all three Marvels will be energy manipulators in different ways.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.