Page 24 of 773 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just my gut instincts of Phases here after what we’ve been talking about, if you want some description of my opinion about these and their placement let me know, but this assumes that Spider-Man is still in play, that Chris is staying on as Thor, that Captain America and Iron Man are off the board and finally that the X-Men and Fantastic Four aren’t in play until Phase 5 and finally that the nine release dates we have for MCU films are all Phase 4:

Spider-Man: Far From Home (July)

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (May)
    Doctor Strange: Nightmare (November)

Black Widow (February)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (May)
    New Avengers: Eternal (November)

Shang-Chi (February)
    Spider-Man: Sinister Six (May)
    Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion (July)

With Dark Avengers, Thor: Siege, Guardians Of The Galaxy: Annihilation and both X-Men and Fantastic Four stuff in Phase 5. I realise I have missed Ant Man in here of course but it probably depends on how many movies Phase 4 gets slots for.

Amazing Member

In my opinion, I would focus on the other franchises they've just acquired

Endgame should feel like a conclusion, after that I would let the Avengers rest. They had a really good run but these stories need to end at some point. This is the perfect time to build up Spider Man, X men and F4. Once they're all set up then we can focus on one big crossover clash but in the meantime...anything outside BP2 and Strange 2 feels a little unnecessary to me. It's beginning to be too much
    Black Widow, Ant Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians 3 etc. I don't think these sequels are necessary

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post

Endgame should feel like a conclusion, after that I would let the Avengers rest. They had a really good run but these stories need to end at some point. This is the perfect time to build up Spider Man, X men and F4. Once they're all set up then we can focus on one big crossover clash but in the meantime...anything outside BP2 and Strange 2 feels a little unnecessary to me. It's beginning to be too much
    Black Widow, Ant Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians 3 etc. I don't think these sequels are necessary
    The Avengers are what make the MCU the MCU. They worked a lot to make Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Thanos household names. I don't see them replacing the Avengers for the X-Men. I see the Spider-Man and the X-Men as complementing them, and perhaps for the first time. In the 90's/2000's they never mixed the X-Men with anyone on TV. They've kept them separate for such a long time because they didn't want to water down the X-Men with Iron Man, etc.

I think they realized they didn't need them to be successful with they made billions of dollars without them. Black Panther made millions more than X-Men: Apocalypse, which was a game changer. Announcing The Eternals and Shang-Chi recently, and Doctor Strange 2 and Black Widow, after the 2nd step of acquiring the FF and the X-Men, just goes to show they they want to expand Marvel and use everything they go instead of relying on 2 major properties like they did before. I do agree that Ant-Man 3 and GoTG 3 are unnecessary though. The only think I liked in GoTG was the fan service to be honest. I think they made Ant-Man 2 because it was less expensive and introduced the Quantum Realm.

Have people heard the Skrull theory they might use the Snap/Decimation to replace high profiled people in society who were dusted?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Have people heard the Skrull theory they might use the Snap/Decimation to replace high profiled people in society who were dusted?
    They're kind of screwed once the Avengers undo the Snap then .

Build up? We are going on 8 spider-man movies, 13? x-men movies, 3 F4 movies

Yet CM2 isn't unnecessary? lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I don't think marvel is gonna do another 10 year build up to a huge villain thing again.

I'd imagine the team movies will be back to Avengers and AoU levels.

I don't think profit wise, teh juice is worth the squeeze here.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Build up? We are going on 8 spider-man movies, 13? x-men movies, 3 F4 movies

Yet CM2 isn't unnecessary? lol
    I like to pretend the Fox movies aren't a thing lol I hated them

But yes, I don't even think CM1 is necessary. The momentum might slow down after Endgame so instead of focusing on obscure characters, I guess I just want them to focus on one of the other Big 4 before people start getting bored

Don't get me wrong tho, I'm a huge MCU fan. I just think next year is the best time to switch up the flow

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I like to pretend the Fox movies aren't a thing lol I hated them

But yes, I don't even think CM1 is necessary. The momentum might slow down after Endgame so instead of focusing on obscure characters, I guess I just want them to focus on one of the other Big 4 before people start getting bored

Don't get me wrong tho, I'm a huge MCU fan. I just think next year is the best time to switch up the flow
    The entire MCU was built on obscure characters. It’s great that Marvel is getting the rights back to its biggest characters but they shouldn’t depend on them, especially when they don’t need to.

Carol and T’Challa are clearly going to be the new Steve and Tony of the MCU so it kinda makes sense that they should continue to get their own focus movies. Of course Secret Invasion could be done as a Captain Marvel film in the same way that Captain America did with Civil War... sort of a pseudo Avengers movie but also focused on her past animosity towards the Skrulls...

Video on analysis of all the MCU's Film Posters by a Poster Expert, found this really interesting in how much of an art-form and what mechanics are used to draw the viewer into getting keen to see the film.

Scarlet Witch's series gets a showrunner
    https://www.slashfilm.com/vision-and...ch-showrunner/

Nice, though I am a little concerned they seem to be handing all their writing duties for female led content to one specific writer. Still Captain Marvel looks great so I have high hopes for Black Widow and Scarlet Witch/Vision...

Knocked this up in a couple hours, art is of course the talented Ryan Meinerding...

I'm a huge fan of Choose Your Own Adventure books so I might try and do ones for all the other MCU films...

Lady Sif will get her own streaming mini-series:
    https://discussingfilm.net/2019/01/1...ney-exclusive/

Based on online rumors that I saw, the show takes place before Thor: Ragnarok, with Lady Sif being banished from Asgard by Loki pretending to be Odin.
    This show along with the others, will all have budgets of $100 million.

Update on the mcu power pack. Looks like it's still in the works but they don't know if it's coming to the big screen or will be a Disney plus film.