Page 25 of 775 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think marvel is gonna do another 10 year build up to a huge villain thing again.

I'd imagine the team movies will be back to Avengers and AoU levels.

I don't think profit wise, teh juice is worth the squeeze here.
    I do think once they get all their Fox ducks in a row, they are going to try Secret Wars though. And that would have to be another 10 plus year head ache.

Extraordinary Member

Deadpool & Venom MCU Future Rumors + Sentry, Power Pack, Ultimates & more - CBC Live

CBC Podcast is Back with
    Marvel Studios Considering Sentry For The MCU [7:06]
    Power Pack Rumored As a Marvel Studios Project [15:05]
    Venom in the Spider-Man Movie? [20:18]
    Deadpool in the MCU & Spider-Man [27:33]
    Captain Marvel and Valkyrie Relationship Teased [36:22]
    Marvel Studios Developing Ultimates [43:49]
    Avengers Project Talk [51:22]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUJ_dOqN-I
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some more Ultimates talk.
    Marvel Studios Considering Tackling ‘The Ultimates’ and Alternative Timelines For TV/Film In The Future
    https://hnentertainment.co/marvel-st...in-the-future/

RUMOR: Marvel Studios May Develop Film Based on Latest 'The ...
    https://mcuexchange.com/rumor-marvel-studios-ultimates/

REPORT: Marvel Studios May Explore Multiple Timelines and Realities
    5 days ago - The report comes from HN Entertainment, which also suggests Marvel Studios is looking into a project based on the Ultimates team. At this time ...
    https://www.cbr.com/report-marvel-st...ive-timelines/

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios May Develop Film Based on Latest 'The Ultimates' Comic mcuexchange.com
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...sed_on_latest/

Galactus & Silver Surfer MCU Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no2LnpUt6o4

Here is how I think the MCU's upcoming slate will pan out:

May- Black Widow
    November- Eternals

February- The Hands of Shang-Chi
    May- Guardians of the Galaxy 3
    July- Spider-Man 3
    November- Doctor Strange 2

February- Black Panther 2
    May- Thor 4
    July- A new franchise (Nova, Thunderbolts, or Adam Warlock)

March- Captain Marvel 2
    May- Avengers 5
    July- Ant-Man 3
    November- Spider-Man 4

The X-Men won't show up until 2024 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think marvel is gonna do another 10 year build up to a huge villain thing again.

I'd imagine the team movies will be back to Avengers and AoU levels.

I don't think profit wise, teh juice is worth the squeeze here.
    I think I agree.

I do think another multi-film build-up Big Bad will be introduced eventually, but I think they won't rush back into that sorta thing. We just finished one villain marathon, they'll want to mix it up after Endgame and avoid repeating themselves to keep things fresh.

Im thinking more guest appearances (like Hulk in Ragnarok), fewer big team up movies. For this next Phase. The Avengers are way too big a name to put aside, but I think Fiege is going to want to put some serious distance between the next "Avengers" film and Endgame. Five-seven years or so maybe. The Avengers will have a presence in the MCU but not a film for a while.

Likewise I figure we'll see the impact of the Fox deal manifest in cameo debuts (like Panther in Civil War) or name drops, but the Studio presumably designed their film slate for the next few years before the Fox deal was finalized, and they honestly have no reason to change those plans for the FF or X. Probably gonna take them time to decide how to integrate things anyway.

Deadpool will just keep on keeping on.

Figure Phase 4 (or whatever you wanna call it now) isn't going to advance the timeline very much, so we can actually catch up to the MCU. Lot of films placed in 2023 (like Spidey FFH) or flashback (like Widow might be?) until we actually reach 2023. And didnt they say once that they might drop down to 2 movies a year instead of 3? I wouldnt be surprised if they do that, if for no other reason than they're going to be putting in effort and time with the Disney+ shows.

I'd really love to get one more Thor film, but I dont see it happening. Marvel hasn't done more than a trilogy for any solo IP and I doubt Thor is going to be the one to break that precedent. But really hoping he gets used, and used well, in GotG-3. I do think they'll try to finish up Ant-Man's trilogy sooner rather than later though; I've no doubt Lang will get his third movie but I can see Marvel wanting to wrap that contract up and move on.

Does anyone know much about the Spider-Man deal? I want to say I heard either party (Sony or Marvel) could pull out of the agreement, and with the success of Venom and Spider-Verse I'm wondering is Sony might start thinking they don't need Marvel's guiding hand as much as they thought they did.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-31-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I imagine Ant-Man 3 will be in 2022 at the latest. The cast isn't getting any younger so I doubt they would want to wait too long to wrap up the trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Does anyone know much about the Spider-Man deal? I want to say I heard either party (Sony or Marvel) could pull out of the agreement, and with the success of Venom and Spider-Verse I'm wondering is Sony might start thinking they don't need Marvel's guiding hand as much as they thought they did.
    I think Far From Home is the last Spider-Man movie they have contracted for Marvel Studios to do although I've heard differing accounts as to whether Holland can appear in one more movie.

Ultimate Member

Doctor Doom as the next big bad please.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I imagine Ant-Man 3 will be in 2022 at the latest. The cast isn't getting any younger so I doubt they would want to wait too long to wrap up the trilogy.
    And if they really are setting the stage for Young Avengers, I'd imagine they'll maybe want to get Cassie Lang set up for it in Ant-Man 3 first. So that's perhaps another incentive to get the last Ant-Man out quickly. After all, the actress' age is already putting a timer on that idea, if they intend to use Stature.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-01-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here is how I think the MCU's upcoming slate will pan out:

May- Black Widow
    November- Eternals

February- The Hands of Shang-Chi
    May- Guardians of the Galaxy 3
    July- Spider-Man 3
    November- Doctor Strange 2

February- Black Panther 2
    May- Thor 4
    July- A new franchise (Nova, Thunderbolts, or Adam Warlock)

March- Captain Marvel 2
    May- Avengers 5
    July- Ant-Man 3
    November- Spider-Man 4

The X-Men won't show up until 2024 at the earliest.
    It seems impossible now but I think Marvel should try their very best to keep it at two films a year, and three if something gets delayed or pushed back.

I feel like the three movies a year we started getting in Phase 3 really hurt some films like Ragnarok, Homecoming and Black Panther in terms of CGI. With the latter two it felt as if they were both rushed out, and if the films were given a lot more months to complete they would have looked better. Some VFX shots honestly looked incomplete in Homecoming, and I heard that because VFX artists had to do reshot scenes for BP they didn't have enough time.

Almost every film in Phase 2 had perfect CGI aside from AoU. That may be because of the two-film structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Far From Home is the last Spider-Man movie they have contracted for Marvel Studios to do although I've heard differing accounts as to whether Holland can appear in one more movie.
    Interesting. I wonder if Marvel wanted the usual trilogy deal and Sony refused.

Im very curious about the Sony-Marvel relationship and the deal they struck, and how Sony's recent successes may impact that.

Anyway. Hey, anyone know what the deal is with Ruffalo's contract? Is he finished too?

Do we know if Marvel plans on releasing their next "five year plan?"

~ Black Panther.

when's cap 4 that'll be absolutely jolly roger bangin' kino, m8
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Do we know if Marvel plans on releasing their next "five year plan?"
    It sounds like they're waiting until Far From Home comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    when's cap 4 that'll be absolutely jolly roger bangin' kino, m8
    ......I think that means "good" right?

I'm not sure if they plan on doing a Cap 4. At least not any time soon. They're doing the Falcon-Winter Soldier on Disney+. Maybe a Cap 4 will spin out of that show, I dunno, but I'm guessing they have no intention of going beyond trilogies for their solo IP's. If they did we'd have gotten another Iron Man, right? And I mean, they've still got a bunch of sequels to make (Strange, Panther, etc), thousands of fresh IP's at their disposal, and they just got the Fox stuff back. I think the best we're gonna get for more Cap is the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It sounds like they're waiting until Far From Home comes out.
    I figured they would. That's Fiege's end of Phase 3, after all. I was just wondering if they had actually said they were going to share their plan like they did last time, and if we had a vague idea of when "late summer" "early winter" that sorta thing.

~ Black Panther.