Page 27 of 773 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast

Just wondering:

How would you react if Shang-Chi introduces a rebooted Danny Rand / Iron Fist?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Looks like a 3rd Ant-man movie ain't happening. I forgot that one was planned. Oh well. I enjoyed what we did get.
    No one asked for the second one, but the after-credit scene was vital to Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    No one asked for the second one, but the after-credit scene was vital to Infinity War.
    plenty of people asked for it. the first literally ended with Hope saying "it's about time." it was necessary for Pym to get some kind of closure with his wife as well.

Ant-Man 3 Reportedly Cancelled, May Become Disney Plus Show
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...GsxhDBBdnyqGNg

probably smarter to go with Cassie if it's on disney plus. Rudd's busy anyways.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm not buying this Ant-Man rumors at all. It's been a popular theory/speculation that a third movie wouldn't happen ever since Paul Rudd said he didn't know if a third movie would happen, but that literally doesn't mean anything, because cast members don't always know everything in advance. I see box office numbers being thrown around as an argument too, but I disagree. While Ant-Man and Ant-Man & The Wasp weren't smashing hits like other Marvel movies, they did well enough to justify a third installment. AMATW did around the same numbers the first Doctor Strange movie did, for example, and Doctor Strange wasn't considered a flop to the point where its sequel got cancelled. So why would that logic be applied to the Ant-Man franchise? Not every movie has to be a billion dollar franchise. Also, the rumor says that Feige wants to focus on bigger properties like X-Men and Fantastic Four, but then it ALSO says that he wants to focus on stuff like Blade and Shang-Chi. That is so contradictory. If he has time to farm less known properties, then it makes zero sense to claim Ant-Man is off the table because bigger franchises are a priority.

Last but not least, this rumor comes from the same guy who claims a Wolverine vs Hulk movie is in development, that Joss Whedon might direct X-Men in the MCU and that Daredevil is getting a reboot on FX. Those are some pretty wild claims right there, so I'm taking anything from this guy with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    plenty of people asked for it. the first literally ended with Hope saying "it's about time." it was necessary for Pym to get some kind of closure with his wife as well.
    Well, both films didn't make as much as they should have at the boxoffice and many people thought it was a one shot to continue in Avengers films. And it wasn't a very memorable film. It practically went by unnoticed.

Yeah, I hate this idea people have that the MCU won't invest in any series that doesn't make Black Panther money. That kind of greed would kill the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Just wondering:

How would you react if Shang-Chi introduces a rebooted Danny Rand / Iron Fist?
    Danny works more as an ensemble player so it could work.

Three Actresses Join The Cast Of Marvel Studios’ ‘Black Widow
    https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09...t-black-widow/

The actresses are dancers. That means Natasha will have her ballerina identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yeah, I hate this idea people have that the MCU won't invest in any series that doesn't make Black Panther money. That kind of greed would kill the franchise.
    They've done the opposite actually. Nothing's guaranteeing the economic success of The Eternals or Shang Chi, and they've invested heavily on them. They've done good to broaden the spectrum so we wouldn't be stuck with Batman, X-Men and Spider-Man superhero movies forever, and it's thanks to their investments.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Well, both films didn't make as much as they should have at the boxoffice and many people thought it was a one shot to continue in Avengers films. And it wasn't a very memorable film. It practically went by unnoticed.
    because of the larger Avengers movie coming out close to it. and i'm not sure how much it was expected to make. we're talking about Ant-Man, here.

Niffleheim

Ant-Man and the Wasp just needs new direction like Winter Soldier and Ragnarok to complete the trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Three Actresses Join The Cast Of Marvel Studios’ ‘Black Widow
    https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09...t-black-widow/

The actresses are dancers. That means Natasha will have her ballerina identity.
    We already saw from the AoU flashbacks that balle dancing was an aspect of the Red Room condition, or at least part of Natasha's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Ant-Man and the Wasp just needs new direction like Winter Soldier and Ragnarok to complete the trilogy
    They're making a trilogy? They should just make the two of them the leaders of the Avengers and continue their story in the next Avengers film.