Page 274 of 773 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 11585

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Ebony Maw reproduced the Pym particles from the one they got from Nebula.
    When was that stated? And that just creates so many more questions, like why the hell didn't they just used the particles in more effectice ways?

AoU is in the 'descent that it won't sink the MCU' category for me.

The Widow/Hulk romance was a waste.

We still have people talking about Wanda unleashing Hulk because Whedon never bothered addressing it in his own movie. Though even Wanda's own show glossed over it.

Hawkeye's family wasn't this spectacular reveal that Whedon himself was expecting.

The main problem is that Ultron himself is such a non threat in the movie itself. The trailers teased this amazing villain only to defang him throughout the movie. The thing that differentiates Ultron from other AI characters like Skynet or HAL is that he is too human in the worst possible of ways. He is a psychopath with daddy issues who thinks he is a cold, deductive machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When was that stated? And that just creates so many more questions, like why the hell didn't they just used the particles in more effectice ways?
    Not stated but I think there was a scene of Maw kneeling in front of Thanos and handing him over the particles.

Of course that raises the question why a genius like Tony didn't reproduce more Pym particles or why they didn't travel to Hank Pym in the 1970s first to get more, but of course the screenwriters chose to go with few particles for dramatic purposes, there would be less tension if they had multiple shots at succeeding.

I tend to be forgiving when time travel isn't entirely convincing in a blockbuster movie as there are no blockbusters where you wouldn't find issues with their depiction of time travel, not even the best like Terminator 2 or Back to the Future work if you choose to think about them thoroughly. Good movies are entertaining enough that you don't get to ask these questions while watching and they only become apparent afterwards or on second watching and that's fine enough for me.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

It's not impossible that an alien society far more advanced than Earth could deconstruct the Pym particles. As for why he didn't use it in interesting ways, I'd say it's because final battle = big CGI army

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

We still have people talking about Wanda unleashing Hulk because Whedon never bothered addressing it in his own movie. Though even Wanda's own show glossed over it.

Hawkeye's family wasn't this spectacular reveal that Whedon himself was expecting.

The main problem is that Ultron himself is such a non threat in the movie itself. The trailers teased this amazing villain only to defang him throughout the movie. The thing that differentiates Ultron from other AI characters like Skynet or HAL is that he is too human in the worst possible of ways. He is a psychopath with daddy issues who thinks he is a cold, deductive machine.
    We got bits of that version of Ultron but not near enough. And why'd Marvel do the generic CGI army again? Why not have a few Ultron bots with enhanced abilities fight against the team? Or why not keep the gigantic Ultron from the concept art?

Hawkeye's family was emblematic of the piecemeal attempt at characterizing Hawkeye, which is to say, not that great

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

In the general pool of comic films, it is hard to call AOU a decent movie, seeing how amazing Spiderman movies were called below average. The third arc of AOU many times leaned very much into Batman and Robin kind of movie, the random one liners everyone started making, which last time I remember in a comic film was very Mr Freeze Arnold Schwarzenegger, had AOU been a DC movie I really doubt it would be easily passed off as a decent movie, it would have been panned by critics.

Wanda unleashing Hulk was very easy to gloss over, because the movie made the fight with Iron Man into a big joke. when Iron Man took him out with the side punch, it was meant to be funny. so if scenes like that are funny, you can easily gloss over it.

MCU did not want the Hawkeye family subplot, Whedon had to fight to get that in and I think that meant he had to also give up some scenes to comprise with marvel, so the movie been very messy was part of that result.

AOU is one of those movies famously known for the trailer been far better than the movie. Ultron I remember in the phase 2 phase started the issue of marvel movies not having good villains, something that was also glossed over again and no, I was not one of those people that bought the explanation of, it is because they did not have the Spiderman, X-MEN and Fantastic 4 villains Rogues Gallery, since any good writer can be able to write a good villain, especially an A.I Sentient like Ultron. It also turns out that MCU would be glitched with the less than satisfying villains issue up until Thanos.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-17-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It only hurt him in comics because of how it was handled. It was handled far better in Avengers EMH.
    I didn't watch the whole series, so I can't really comment unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Not stated but I think there was a scene of Maw kneeling in front of Thanos and handing him over the particles.

Of course that raises the question why a genius like Tony didn't reproduce more Pym particles or why they didn't travel to Hank Pym in the 1970s first to get more, but of course the screenwriters chose to go with few particles for dramatic purposes, there would be less tension if they had multiple shots at succeeding.

I tend to be forgiving when time travel isn't entirely convincing in a blockbuster movie as there are no blockbusters where you wouldn't find issues with their depiction of time travel, not even the best like Terminator 2 or Back to the Future work if you choose to think about them thoroughly. Good movies are entertaining enough that you don't get to ask these questions while watching and they only become apparent afterwards or on second watching and that's fine enough for me.
    Captain Janeway : Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    In the general pool of comic films, it is hard to call AOU a decent movie, seeing how amazing Spiderman movies were called below average. The third arc of AOU many times leaned very much into Batman and Robin kind of movie, the random one liners everyone started making, which last time I remember in a comic film was very Mr Freeze Arnold Schwarzenegger, had AOU been a DC movie I really doubt it would be easily passed off as a decent movie, it would have been panned by critics.
    That's exactly what I feel about Endgame, but specially the third act. That plus ungratifying fan service.

Ultimate Member

That's exactly what I feel about Endgame, but specially the third act. That plus ungratifying fan service.
    What ungratifying fan service?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They are probably talking about the female group shot that seems to have made a lot of people mad. I don't get the anger though. It was a moment, and it was nice.

Could be talking about the time travel part of the movie, that felt like a lot of "lets remember the other movies!" fan servicey to me.

End Game is probably my least favorite Avengers movie, but I find them all well above average movies overall and middle of the pack AT WORST in the MCU.

Definitely not "batman and robin" level, you wildin lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    They are probably talking about the female group shot that seems to have made a lot of people mad. I don't get the anger though. It was a moment, and it was nice.
    The people who really got mad about this scene are incels. Best to ignore them altogether.

BANNED

Honestly this scene, I never got the hate or outrage. If there is even anything I don't like in the scene is the cinematography and the VFX could have done differently

Was the scene trying too hard and obvious with the girl power women empowerment stance? oh sure. Was it worth getting upset over with SJW Woke accusations? absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Almost everything that happens after they time travel. From the overused meme jokes like "america's ass", to a huge climatic battle that has nothing to do with the character arcs of these characters, the fact that Tony Stark figures out time travel in an afternoon, almost everything that happens in the final battle, the uninspired and redundant endings for Cap and Tony.

I remember loving the first Iron Man movie in cinemas with my father when I was 10 years old even though I had never heard of the character. I cringed so hard when Tony said "I Am Iron Man" in Endgame. I loved the character and his journey all the way up to the first 20 minutes of Endgame, but I felt like I was watching a cheesy 90s movie at that point. The first mistake they made was choosing to fix The Snap through time travel.

Ultimate Member

I don't get the hate for this scene either. People got triggered by seeing more than 2 superheroines together at once

Almost everything that happens after they time travel. From the overused meme jokes like "america's ass", to a huge climatic battle that has nothing to do with the character arcs of these characters, the fact that Tony Stark figures out time travel in an afternoon, almost everything that happens in the final battle, the uninspired and redundant endings for Cap and Tony.

I remember loving the first Iron Man movie in cinemas with my father when I was 10 years old even though I had never heard of the character. I cringed so hard when Tony said "I Am Iron Man" in Endgame. I loved the character and his journey all the way up to the first 20 minutes of Endgame, but I felt like I was watching a cheesy 90s movie at that point. The first mistake they made was choosing to fix The Snap through time travel.
    The only part I really agree with is Cap's ending. I don't like it. The rest generally works for me