Page 276 of 761 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Loved the scene, happy to see an A-Force movie, but right now I can’t imagine Brie’s version of Carol leading it, she’s not really a team player. Then again with Natasha dead it’s hard to think who else would lead the team. Wanda is kind of debatable in her current situation. Who do you think besides Carol would make a good leader?
    Valkryie or Spectrum or Wasp make the most sense to me

Hell, Valkryie as of now is on Earth, is a current queen, and she has already been apart of an all female team... so it woudln't even be out of character for her to make a team of all women. That is what she knows.

Wanda aint ever lead **** and is unstable as hell, Carol (as of now) kinda just seems to do her own thing, Gamora is the wrong Gamora, Mantis is LOL, Shuri is LOL, Okoye won't care, and Pepper is LOL
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Who do you think besides Carol would make a good leader?
    Hope Van Dyne would easily slide into that spot. She's a level headed boss type familiar with the underworld of the MCU. Trustworthy and comfortable with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hell, Valkryie as of now is on Earth, is a current queen, and she has already been apart of an all female team... so it woudln't even be out of character for her to make a team of all women. That is what she knows.
    I feel like putting a recovering alcoholic in the leadership of a group of powerhouses is bound to create some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like putting a recovering alcoholic in the leadership of a group of powerhouses is bound to create some issues.
    Eh, she was a functional alcoholic lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Hope Van Dyne would easily slide into that spot. She's a level headed boss type familiar with the underworld of the MCU. Trustworthy and comfortable with anything.
    I think Hope or Monica is a potentially good fit. Tbh, i think Carol could possibly do it.

Hope's never struck me as the leadership type but I guess they could do it because Jan was leader of The Avengers in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    As for Black Widow, I doubt she could've helped Captain Marvel that much
    I mean in a more thematic sense.
    And what the hell is Mantis gonnna do hahahah
    They really nerfed Mantis in the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    More than Natasha had she been there.

Which make these Endgame complaints even funnier to me.

What was Black Widow gonna do if she'd been there, throw her guns at Thanos?
    Widow Bites?
    Loved the scene, happy to see an A-Force movie, but right now I can’t imagine Brie’s version of Carol leading it, she’s not really a team player. Then again with Natasha dead it’s hard to think who else would lead the team. Wanda is kind of debatable in her current situation. Who do you think besides Carol would make a good leader?
    She-Hulk was the leader in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hope's never struck me as the leadership type but I guess they could do it because Jan was leader of The Avengers in the comics.
    Tbh, we haven't really seen her lead anyone. We haven't seen anyone lead anyone outside of Captain America and Star-Lord. So I think it's possible she could grow into one. Like you said, it's more of a reference to when Jan was the leader in the comics

I mean in a more thematic sense.
    I see what you mean. I guess I didn't really feel that way, even though I thought her death was pointless.

They really nerfed Mantis in the MCU.
    Let's hope her next appearance boosts her power levels

Widow Bites?
    Yeah, that's moderately useful, I guess. Then again, Okoye's somehow fighting aliens with a spear like it's 1333 AD.

She-Hulk was the leader in the comics.
    Oh yeah. i guess we'll see how she turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    No it doesn't mean that Steve changed the original timeline. He could have lived his life in the alternate timeline and then traveled back to the original timeline to give Sam the shield. That's also how the Russos explained it.
    I think the Russos were trying to resolve this plot hole "after the fact." For Cap to return to the timeline he left, it would have required time machines, Pym Particles and the geniuses of Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. But we never got the explanation you just gave me in the film. And as the old saying goes, if ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage. Besides Markus and McFeely (the screenwriters for Endgame) totally rejected the "Steve is in an alternate reality" theory:

https://www.slashfilm.com/566188/end...ravel-writers/

I don't think Marvel Studios handled "time travel" very well in Endgame. But that's just my opinion. I think the introduction of time travel/multiverses could needlessly complicate future storylines in the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-18-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Tbh, we haven't really seen her lead anyone. We haven't seen anyone lead anyone outside of Captain America and Star-Lord. So I think it's possible she could grow into one. Like you said, it's more of a reference to when Jan was the leader in the comics
    Well, T'Challa. Natasha, too, I guess. Tony, kind of.

I mean, I don't really see it for the character but I'm not a big Hope fan.
    Let's hope her next appearance boosts her power levels
    Who knows with Gunn?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think the introduction of time travel/multiverses could needlessly complicate future storylines in the MCU.
    I tend to agree and am rather cautious about the future.

Once they "finish" the multiverse stuff... they need to find a way to shut the door on it completely.

Ultimate Member

Well, T'Challa. Natasha, too, I guess. Tony, kind of.
    What did Natasha lead? And Idk if I'd call Tony a leader per se.

I mean, I don't really see it for the character but I'm not a big Hope fan.
    Hope seems to get a lot of negative comments but I'd probably take her over Sam or Natasha.

Who knows with Gunn?
    Ideally she'd get more but as you said we can't be sure.

I tend to agree and am rather cautious about the future.

Once they "finish" the multiverse stuff... they need to find a way to shut the door on it completely.
    No they don't. They just need to better figure things out.

Yeah I'm not the number 1 fan of Hope but she's definitely shown the personality of a leader. Look at her role in Ant-man and the Wasp.

She's strategic, she can get to people and recruit them and she's always focussed on the mission. She believes in the strength of a partnership and loyalty (she blames Scott for not bringing her with him in Civil War because she thinks if they were together they wouldn't have been caught).

She's a fighter but she also understands complicated fields of science. She is just as comfortable in the underworld of the black market as she is in the high concept journey to the microverse.

She has the atitude to put people in their place (Yellowjacket, Scort and Hank) but she can also be empathetic when it's important.

And Valkyrie is better for the group dynamic if she is headstrong and messy. None of the already established female characters have those traits.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-18-2021 at 10:22 AM.

BANNED

My issue with the girl power scene wasn't the fanservice so much of the fact that it was pairing a bunch of female characters with no connection or real prior interaction with one another together. Like most of them barely knew or were aware of each other and are now suddenly getting a big team-up scene out-of-nowhere. And just for an action scene.

And, y'know, Widow's not in it.

Well we do always say, MCU films are not really meant to be ultra realistic as far as comic book movies can allow or grounded much, so maybe that scene also works in that content.

I think the multiverse will cool down after MoM. Other than What If.
    What did Natasha lead? And Idk if I'd call Tony a leader per se.
    She was like co-leader with Steve and the New Avengers if I remember right. And her family in BW (I haven't seen the movie, but I'm assuming).
    Hope seems to get a lot of negative comments but I'd probably take her over Sam or Natasha.
    Well, I prefer Sam and 'Tasha, but I'm biased.

Ultimate Member

Yeah I'm not the number 1 fan of Hope but she's definitely shown the personality of a leader. Look at her role in Ant-man and the Wasp.

She's strategic, she can get to people and recruit them and she's always focussed on the mission. She believes in the strength of a partnership and loyalty (she blames Scott for not bringing her with him in Civil War because she thinks if they were together they wouldn't have been caught).

She's a fighter but she also understands complicated fields of science. She is just as comfortable in the underworld of the black market as she is in the high concept journey to the microverse.

She has the atitude to put people in their place (Yellowjacket, Scort and Hank) but she can also be empathetic when it's important.

And Valkyrie is better for the group dynamic if she is headstrong and messy. None of the already established female characters have those traits.
    I think her portrayal in What If? helped Hope.

Valkyrie could be a good leader but I'd like to see more of what she can do.

I think the multiverse will cool down after MoM. Other than What If.

She was like co-leader with Steve and the New Avengers if I remember right. And her family in BW (I haven't seen the movie, but I'm assuming).
    When was that?

Well, I prefer Sam and 'Tasha, but I'm biased.
    No offense, but I'm not sure what about those 2 I'm supposed to like. before FaWS, Sam was basically 'how high?' to Steve's 'jump!'. He had no personality besides snarking at anyone disagreeing with Steve. He only got better after FaWS and still isn't the most interesting or dynamic character. And Natasha is a different character in every movie, and just always feels tacked on. Her whole 'atonement' schtick is potentially interesting but never thematically amounts to much of anything. Hope is underdeveloped but at least has her own motivations and a clear development from appearance to appearance.