Page 30 of 775 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i only reported it after reading an article that explicitly said it was cancelled in the headline.
    Ehhh, random rumors, no?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

While we're still on the box office argument, I think it's important to point out box office is not the only metric for a Marvel film's success. Disney makes a lot of money from related products, such as their massive merchandising and digital/DVD/Blu-ray releases of those movies (and now they have their own streaming service to add to the mix as well). So the success of the Ant-Man franchise, or any Marvel franchise, is not as black and white as ''making X amount of money in the box office''. There's a lot more that contributes to the popularity and success of those characters, including appearances in other movies. For instance, there was a lot of buzz around Doctor Strange because of Avengers: Infinity War, as well as a lot of buzz around Ant-Man because of Avengers: Endgame. They were key players in those movies and managed to garner enough attention and merchandising because of it, which could also inspire Marvel and Disney to continue to push them forward in their own franchises. The idea that the Ant-Man franchise is doomed because it made 500/600kk in the box office is quite exaggerated (because those numbers are not, in fact, bad, and there were other Marvel franchises that managed to have trilogies despite those similar or even smaller numbers) and doesn't consider the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-24-2019 at 12:38 AM.

BANNED

Frankly, for all this talk about no more Ant-Man movies, I haven't heard a single thing from Marvel themselves.
    And like all rumors, until I hear something for the people who's statements actually matter here I'm going to regard it as untrue and meaningless.
    If Marvel comes out and says they've decided not to make another Ant-Man then it'll be true and I'll accept it but until that happens as far as I'm concerned Ant-Man 3 is TBA right now.

I'm gonna try to change the subject to something that was on my mind.

How do you think they're going to do the Ms. Marvel series? The Disney+ shows are fully connected to the MCU, them being made by Marvel Studios, produced by Feige, and integrated into the Phases on top of starring characters from the movies, and the promise that the characters and elements from the shows will appear on the big screen, so it's safe to say they have far more of a legitimate claim to claiming "it's all connected" than the Marvel Television shows did. That, however, brings me to my questions for discussion.

The first one being the massive elephant in the room that is her being an Inhuman. This was born at the time where Marvel was really pushing them due to Perlmutter wanting to replace mutants, which didn't take. Kamala is probably the only success story to come from it, and the rest have been mostly forgotten -- notice how the X-Men now have an entire initiative to themselves, while the Inhumans don't even have a book. If she were created at any other time, she would've either been a mutant (tying her to the X-Men likely) or a mutate (tying her to the General MU).

So what could her power origin be here? I feel like with the "MCU Inhumans" being related to the only unambiguous MCU-related flop that is the Inhumans, and Feige not wanting to do the movie (leading to that show to begin with when Marvel Studios split), it kinda makes her as an inhuman seem incompatible with the status quo. There are multiple paths they can take:
    1. Make her a mutant, in the overall myth arc that leads up to the X-Men franchise as part of the MCU.
    2. Make her a mutate, tying her origin to a mutagenic gas from some corporation, which can affect her rogues too and explain their powers (think like in Static Shock)
    3. Make a similar scenario above, but retroactively tie said gas to being Terrigen Mist, completely erasing any pretense of the Marvel TV shows being in continuity with the movies while rebooting the Inhumans to use again.

The first two are rather simple, the third sounds really good as well just to free up the MCU's possibilities by getting rid of the dead weight that is Marvel TV. However, the latter may not be so easy given that it would mean declaring Marvel TV non-canon. Sure, the shows may like to pretend their canon, but really they only have the brand as connection, for marketing reasons. Even still, a move like that can't be done without some kind of big announcement, and if the Inhumans are freed, I imagine so will everyone else. For as easy as it is to rag on the Inhumans, I feel like the hate would die down if they weren't pushed to replace the mutants, and were a legit part of the Marvel worldbuilding.

I do expect the day when we get the announcement that the Marvel TV shows get the "Legends" treatment, and thus have no ties to the MCU at all. But idk if it'll connect to Kamala in a way.

I'm sure all this stuff is what the guys at Marvel Studios discuss on the daily. I'd like to see what you think though.

Marvel have made murmurs of wanting to do Inhimans again for themselves and Kamala can lead into it. Her first arc can be trying to discover where the cloud that gave her powers came from.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

How do you think they're going to do the Ms. Marvel series? The Disney+ shows are fully connected to the MCU, them being made by Marvel Studios, produced by Feige, and integrated into the Phases on top of starring characters from the movies, and the promise that the characters and elements from the shows will appear on the big screen, so it's safe to say they have far more of a legitimate claim to claiming "it's all connected" than the Marvel Television shows did. That, however, brings me to my questions for discussion.

The first one being the massive elephant in the room that is her being an Inhuman. This was born at the time where Marvel was really pushing them due to Perlmutter wanting to replace mutants, which didn't take. Kamala is probably the only success story to come from it, and the rest have been mostly forgotten -- notice how the X-Men now have an entire initiative to themselves, while the Inhumans don't even have a book. If she were created at any other time, she would've either been a mutant (tying her to the X-Men likely) or a mutate (tying her to the General MU).

So what could her power origin be here? I feel like with the "MCU Inhumans" being related to the only unambiguous MCU-related flop that is the Inhumans, and Feige not wanting to do the movie (leading to that show to begin with when Marvel Studios split), it kinda makes her as an inhuman seem incompatible with the status quo. There are multiple paths they can take:
    1. Make her a mutant, in the overall myth arc that leads up to the X-Men franchise as part of the MCU.
    2. Make her a mutate, tying her origin to a mutagenic gas from some corporation, which can affect her rogues too and explain their powers (think like in Static Shock)
    3. Make a similar scenario above, but retroactively tie said gas to being Terrigen Mist, completely erasing any pretense of the Marvel TV shows being in continuity with the movies while rebooting the Inhumans to use again.

The first two are rather simple, the third sounds really good as well just to free up the MCU's possibilities by getting rid of the dead weight that is Marvel TV. However, the latter may not be so easy given that it would mean declaring Marvel TV non-canon. Sure, the shows may like to pretend their canon, but really they only have the brand as connection, for marketing reasons. Even still, a move like that can't be done without some kind of big announcement, and if the Inhumans are freed, I imagine so will everyone else. For as easy as it is to rag on the Inhumans, I feel like the hate would die down if they weren't pushed to replace the mutants, and were a legit part of the Marvel worldbuilding.

I do expect the day when we get the announcement that the Marvel TV shows get the "Legends" treatment, and thus have no ties to the MCU at all. But idk if it'll connect to Kamala in a way.

I'm sure all this stuff is what the guys at Marvel Studios discuss on the daily. I'd like to see what you think though.
    I'm all for rebooting the Inhuman Royal Family in the MCU, but I disagree with your idea that doing that would mean that all of Marvel TV is non-canon. The Inhumans show never truly connected to any other Marvel TV show in any way. I assume they probably wanted the show to crossover with Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. at some point, but they never got that far. So it's not hard to erase that show while still maintaining the rest of Marvel TV connected to the MCU, specially since WE KNOW at least Agent Carter is most definitely canon in the movies because of Edwin Jarvis' cameo in Avengers: Endgame. So yes, reboot the Inhuman Royal Family, but keep the Marvel TV stuff that actually worked.

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a lot more relevant to Kamala's origins in the MCU than Inhumans, anyway. Because AOS was the show that actually established the NuHumans (which Kamala is) and their origin in the MCU. Marvel Studios COULD borrow that concept from AOS if they wanted to, or they could ignore it completely and establish a second NuHuman outbreak caused by the Terrigen Mist if they want to keep things more comic-accurate for Kamala. But I would love if they acknowledged AOS, since it's a really good show that actually did something interesting with the Inhumans. Kamala interacting with Quake could be pretty cool, and by the time Ms. Marvel debuts, AOS will be wrapped up already, so the characters will be free to be used elsewhere and Marvel Studios/TV won't have to worry about stepping on each other's toes anymore.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-24-2019 at 12:58 AM.

You can't really "selectively" reboot Marvel TV. I wager the only Marvel TV show that is canon is Agent Carter and NOT because of the Jarvis cameo. Rather, it's because it's the only Marvel TV show Feige had any involvement with, making said cameo possible. Everything else just appropriated the brand for money. Jeph tries to say "WE'RE TOTALLY IN THE MCU" and while Feige just ignores him. It doesn't help that Marvel TV still answers to Perlmutter, the guy who almost made Feige quit, until Marvel Studios was jettisoned from Marvel Entertainment. That doesn't speak of a "connected" world.

So I highly doubt AoS is getting any acknowledgement. The best one could hope for is the certain elements established in that show are adapted in the MCU, similar to Star Wars adapting Legends when they want to. Also, unlike with Star Wars, the MCU is in good hands, so I expect they can do a good job at it. Also, though Feige didn't directly say it, he very clearly alluded to the disconnect in the past by promising the new shows being fully connected and hyping the infinite possibilities that the Disney+ series brings.

Anyways, I'm expecting the slate wiped clean, and am looking forward to it not because of the Inhumans, but because of the Netflix series, specifically Daredevil. I would love Daredevil to be upped to true MCU status, and tellingly his shows were both the best and the only ones of consistent quality. I hope they can get Charlie Cox for it, but I'm not holding my breath. On top of Daredevil, Elektra, Kingpin and Bullseye, they could factor into Marvel Knights, and integrate The Hand into the worldbuilding (who've actually had involvement with the X-Men, pretty useful).

But yes, rebooting the Inhumans can only be a good thing. I would like to see Crystal also join the Avengers, as I thought her stint with them was cool in the '90s.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 09-24-2019 at 01:07 AM.

The biggest chance they had to make the Netflix shows canon was the Endgame fight when they could have minuite long cameos. They didnt even bother then.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted awhile ago.

by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).

by belltown213-0-557076
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    For the record, most of the issues concerning the TV side of the MCU is mainly with the characters (be it Quake, Coulson, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher, & now Ghost Rider) crossing over into the movies (Ex: Infinity War), not if the TV/Netflix stuff is actually canon or not. Feige himself said that having the TV characters at some point is inevitable, & it's not like anything in the movies directly contradicts what's on the TV/Netflix shows (or vice versa). Both the TV/Netflix shows & the movies are still in Earth-19999, it's just that Perlmutter is supposedly holding back the characters from being able to cross over into the ensemble films. Hopefully they can work this out by the time the Inhumans movie drops (likely 2021, judging by Feige's recent comments at Comic Con), so they can at least make a slight nod to the Inhumans outside of Attilan.

by Josh Harper
    What does Ashley mean when she says "There's no connection between the movie and tv universes"? They are still in the same universe, and even if the references are small they would still make no sense at all if they weren't in the same universe, also Leob and Feige have both acknowledged the films, ABC shows and Netflix shows are all in the MCU (I'm certain of this because I was searching for quotes on the subject recently). Unless she means creatively they are seperate, then yeah, that's completely true.

byJosh Harper
    "If you ignore Agents of SHIELD" that's like saying if I ignore the fact that I have a heart then I'm actually dead. Ignoring something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're right that Agents of SHIELD has much bigger references to the MCU and is very clearly linked with the multiple cameos and guest appearances from movie characters (Lady Sif, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, even Coulson himself), but the Netflix shows do clearly have links, albeit much smaller ones, but we do literally see Stark tower in a picture, The Hulk in a picture, a Levitation in a picture, Hammer Tech weapons, name drops of Stark and Captain America, etc. Whilst they are small, yes, they are still showing us quite clearly that it's the same universe. Leob has confirmed it many times and Feige has said "We want to incorporate the show characters into the movies" meaning even he deems them canon to the MCU.

Cedric House quote-
    you don't need to cross in order to know it's in the same world they freaking name drop Tony stark in luke cage

Bajan Samurai
    Yeah, it is clearly all in the same universe, it is just people get forgetful of crossover instances (Fury or Lady Sif showing up before) or over assume when news of behind the scenes division of control (cinema properties - TV properties) comes up. The issue is that some people assumed that connected meant all showing up occasionally and all referencing each other, which was never their intent.
    It is not easy to get as many movie stars to make a TV appearance (scheduling, location) and it is not easy to synchronize an event from a TV show [that could have been filmed last month or last week and shown today] with an event(s) following it in a film that had wrapped photography a year prior and still comes out after the TV event. It is harder to plan for a movie to reference a TV show's events that it doesn't even know will be happening when they are already filming.
    The one they (sort of) pulled off was inferring that Coulson was responsible for Nick Fury acquiring the helicarrier they used in Avengers: AoU, but even that probably required a lot of pre-planning since the AoS probably had not even fully fleshed out how their season was going to go.

by Zaxlon16722
    Darragh Tate Thank you! I swear, people keep saying it's not connected, it's driving me crazy! Freaking Sam Jackson and Lady Sif have appeared in multiple episodes! That alone is all the proof they need!

Extraordinary Member

Some updated info about new hulu mcu shows.
    Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Hulu
    In August 2016, Marvel announced that Marvel's Runaways had received a pilot order from Hulu, eventually receiving a 10 episode order the following May. That July, Loeb confirmed the series would take place in the MCU saying, "It all lives in the same world, how it's connected and where it's connected and what it's going to be connected to remains to be seen." He added that the characters would not be concerned with the actions of others in the universe, instead focusing on their own issues. This allowed showrunners Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage to deal with concepts such as superheroics and fantasy without explaining them to the audience, since they are already well established in the MCU, while still focusing on their own characters, which they described as "liberating".
    In May 2019, Marvel announced that Marvel's Ghost Rider and Marvel's Helstrom had been greenlit for the service, and that the former will focus on the "same character [introduced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.] with [a] new story that lives unto its own."
    THREAD: GHOST RIDER & HELSTROM MCU HULU SERIES
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...u-Series/page2

The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is an American media franchise and shared universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, independently produced by Marvel Studios and based on characters that appear in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The franchise has expanded to include comic books, short films, television series, and digital series. The shared universe, much like the original Marvel Universe in comic books, was established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters. Phil Coulson, portrayed by Clark Gregg, is an original character to the MCU and the only character to appear across all its different media.
    The first film released in the MCU was Iron Man (2008), which began the first phase of films culminating in the crossover film Marvel's The Avengers (2012). Phase Two began with Iron Man 3 (2013), and concluded with Ant-Man (2015). The films are currently in Phase Three, which began with the release of Captain America: Civil War (2016) and is set to conclude with Avengers: Endgame (2019). Marvel Television expanded the universe further, first to network television with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC in the 2013–14 television season, followed by online streaming with Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix in 2015 and Marvel's Runaways on Hulu in 2017, and then to cable television with Marvel's Cloak & Dagger on Freeform in 2018. Marvel Television has also produced the digital series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot, which is a supplement to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Soundtrack albums have been released for all of the films, along with many of the television series, as well as the release of compilation albums containing existing music heard in the films. The MCU also includes tie-in comics published by Marvel Comics, while Marvel Studios has also produced a series of direct-to-video short films and a viral marketing campaign for its films and the universe with the faux news program WHIH Newsfront.
    The franchise has been commercially successful as a multimedia shared universe, though some critics have found that some of its films and television series have suffered in service of the wider universe. It has inspired other film and television studios with comic book character adaptation rights to attempt to create similar shared universes. The MCU has also been the focus of other media, outside of the shared universe, including attractions at various Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, an attraction at Discovery Times Square, a Queensland Gallery of Modern Art exhibit, two television specials, guidebooks for each film, multiple tie-in video games, and commercials.

Category:Earth-199999 Characters | Marvel Database | FANDOM
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...999_Characters

https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-199999

Extraordinary Member

This was posted last year.

Anurag Guria1 hour ago
    Every tv show is connected
    They just give sprinkles and be vague about it...
    Like how the new runaway trailer showing connection to Dr. Strange
    Cloak & Dagger referencing Luke Cage, Danny Rand, Tony Stank

Shadow Strike1 hour ago
    tOnY sTaNk WiLL DiE iN a4

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Daredevil is not part of the MCU. if he was, why has he not guest starred in their movies? I liked daredevil season 1, this is the only part of marvel that holds up to other comic films not in a cinematic universe.. I said before X2, Spider-Man 2, TDK all taste like fine wines. MCU movies are like sodas.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk
    Karen Page's entire introduction in the Netflix Daredevil series was literally based on the first Avengers movie. She worked for a company that was reconstructing New York after the Chitauri "invasion". There were characters talking about it and there were newspaper articles about it. It might not have had the Avengers appearing but to say it wasn't connected to the MCU is ridiculous. Daredevil hasn't appeared in the Avengers for a simple reason. He hasn't been in the sphere to become involved. Avengers: Age of Ultron was primarily set in Sokovia, Captain America: Civil War was set in Europe, and Avengers: Infinity War was set globally but largely outside of America minus the Nick Fury and Maria Hill scene. The last major Avengers event in America was in the first movie and he became Daredevil after that. He hasn't become an Avenger or appeared because they haven't needed him to, and they've been operating globally whilst he's the "Hero of Hell's Kitchen".
    Connectivity doesn't have to be everyone appearing, everytime. Netflix franchises have their own place in the MCU, showing the stories that the movies can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict
    It's also disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk
    Exactly. The connections can't just be ignored because they don't support an argument you want to make. Daredevil is connected in no uncertain terms. That means that any character who has interacted with any character from Daredevil's series is also connected, whether the series has mentioned the movies specifically or not. They're connected because we know Daredevil is. This extends beyond Netflix. We know Cloak & Dagger is connected because Brigid Reilly worked with Misty Knight, Misty Knight has met Matt Murdock and Matt Murdock has clearly been shown to be in the MCU from it's opening storyline, Karen's role in the embezzling whistleblowing.
    That's connectivity. Not random shout outs about what the movies have done.
    However, this conversation has derailed the topic of the thread: The X-Men's future on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79
    Daredevil has no super strength, no healing powers, no invulnerability he just has heightened senses why would the Avengers call him?
    Both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have made it clear they have no interest in being Avengers type heroes.
    Iron Fist is the only maybe.
    Punisher human with guns and kills not Avengers material.
    Ghost Rider on AoS isn't the type of guy the Avengers would recruit with the whole vengeance thing.
    Quake is underground like the rest of her team who are human so yeah they probably wouldn't call her or them.
    Deathlok again a character not really interested in the hero business.
    Patriot is now dead.
    Runaways are minors on the run.
    Cloak and Dagger again minors and not really on anyone's radar yet.
    So yeah why would the film heroes be contacting the TV characters.
    This is like when the X-Men are saving the world and asking where's X-Factor or the Morlocks they're not always needed or even wanted. How many mutants have been referenced in the XCU and never seen in the films?
    Disney says the shows are part of the MCU and the shows say they are so they are period.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict
    Connection =/= crossover. Ya know, kinda like in the comics.

Quote-
    Marvelgirl your comments are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

The second part is more important than the first part it means unlike the Marvel Netflix and ABC shows,They can get movie characters to show up.
    Well some movie characters did show up in some mcu shows,agent carter,lady sif,nick fury,gideon malick,howling commandos,howard stark,maria hill and phil coulson himself and some of these have come back to movies later.
    Agent carter had her own show as well and kevin feige is one of executive producers.
    So far none of the characters originally for tv or streaming as shown up in mcu movies however.The only one that is going back to the upcoming movie/s is phil and he was original a movie character.

Note-Captain america had a flashback scene as well in the agent carter show and there are quick flash backs scenes for hulk,ironman and thor's hammer in aos.
    There was tony stark's voice in a later season of aos.
    Howard stark is shown in both tv and movies by the way but he came from the movies first.

It's mostly a one way street but some things from the shows have made to the movies.Folks forget the agent peggy carter had her own show on abc and she was shown in agents of shield on abc and she came back to movies.A FLASHBACK scene of captain america was show too in THE show.Anyway the shows and movies are in the same universe,so they are connected.

Spoiler
    Note-
    updated info -Characters shown in the show first as shown up in a recent movie,so the crossover has happen from the other side recently,not just Characters shown in the mcu movies first.It's all connected and movie side does care about the tv side anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Loeb Reveals Why Marvel's TV Superheroes Haven't Appeared in the Movies
    Jeph Loeb, president of Marvel Television, was on a Netflix panel for Luke Cage before the Television Critics Association. Loeb is in charge of all live-action and animated Marvel shows, including the Netflix titles and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter. When asked if we could see any of the television characters, be it Luke Cage or Daredevil, in any of the Marvel movies, Loeb explained why it would be prohibitive to the television schedules.
    “I can tell you that part of the challenge of doing this sort of thing is that the movies are planned out years in advance of what it is that we are doing,” Loeb said. “Television moves at an incredible speed. The other part of the problem is that when you stop and think about it, if I’m shooting a television series and that’s going to go on over a six-month or eight-month period, how am I going to get Mike [Colter] to be able to go be in a movie? I need Mike to be in a television show.”
    Loeb did not completely rule out a crossover, and some of the film characters like Nick Fury, Siff and Maria Hill have appeared on television. “Anything is possible,” Loeb continued. “As I often get reported by you folks for saying #ItsAllConnected, our feeling is that the connection isn’t just whether or not somebody is walking into a movie or walking out of a television show. It’s connected in the way that the shows come from the same place, that they are real, that they are grounded.”
    A crossover also has to mean something. If they only show up for a joke, it defeats the purpose of connecting the worlds. “We have seen some characters that have appeared and crossed over,” Loeb said. “Most notably, one of our cast members that isn’t here because she’s working is Rosario Dawson, who continues the character of Claire Temple. So the short answer is we are already doing it. The long answer is as things go by, as the story dictates it, we’ve always been big fans of providing Easter eggs for our fans, but we never want to be known as an Easter egg farm. It has to work within the story. We never want to do Luke Cage gets into a cab as Foggy Nelson and Matt Murdock are getting out of the cab. For those of you that are old enough to know this reference, it’s not when The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was on Please Don’t Eat the Daisies. You actually get to see our characters interact with each other.”

The Marvel Television chief explains how the films and TV shows fit together, and why the Netflix characters haven't popped up more in the movies.
    http://www.cbr.com/loeb-reveals-why-...in-the-movies/
    and

Jeph Loeb Explains Why We Don’t See Avengers Tower In The Marvel/Netflix Series
    You can’t talk Marvel TV unless you talk about various crossovers. Thus far, the shows haven’t touched each other much from network to network; but in an interview with Inverse, producer Jeph Loeb was asked about the new Hulu series Runaways and whether it would acknowledge the Netflix series.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...777919_AL_.jpg
    “You’re obviously trying to get me into trouble by saying ‘#ItsAllConnected,’ and that’s fair. But it is all connected. And they do live in a world where Tony Stark is Iron Man, and by the same token they are aware that there are heroes that live in New York that aren’t part of the Avengers and are street level guys. What it really comes down to is story.
    We can always put in a line that says “this person’s going to Hulk out,” but whether or not those stories are going to intersect with each other or those characters are going to interact with each other is complicated on a numbers of things. One is schedule, the other is they are on different networks and oftentimes networks have feelings about that that we have to take into consideration. And, lastly, and most importantly, is storytelling. We never do Easter eggs for the purpose of having an Easter egg. But Cloak and Dagger deals a lot with the people at Roxxon and people will know Roxxon for it being in other series in the same kind of way that there’s Hammer tech running around in Luke Cage, and we all know where Justin Hammer came from.
    It’s all part of the Marvel universe, and if you read Marvel comics, you recognize that it’s probably fairly rare that Thor’s going to run into Ghost Rider, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t live in the same world.”
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...gers_Tower.jpg
    The universe is quite big, but the fun of a connected universe and bringing characters together is the whole point of all this. Why not have two polar opposites on screen and see how they react to each other? One of the other issues that tends to come up is the lack of the Avengers tower in the Netflix series, and Loeb danced around that question as well.
    “I think it’s much more that we look at it from the point of view of ‘where are we?’ and having to establish that along the way. In many ways, being less specific helps the audience understand that this could be on any street corner. Where we’re sitting right now, I can see the Empire State Building, but if we were sitting 30 blocks that way, I wouldn’t be able to see the Empire State Building. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It just means that we can’t see it from where we are.”
    Seems like showing the tower would be a nice and easy “show don’t tell” way of connecting the movies and the television shows, but sure, angles work, too.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...l-tv-universe/

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

So Feige really wanted to do the Eternals all along?

She was never going to be a mutant because she's too independent. Only Wolverine and Deadpool have been able to break out of the X-Men mold, and Marvel wasn't gonna take their chances.

The Maximoff twins were stripped of their mutant origins, and now people want the same to happen to Kamala thanks to anti-inhuman demagogues.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch had their mutant origins removed due to movie synergy, not because they wanted to break them off from X-Men. They were already pretty well-divorced from that side anyways.

Extraordinary Member

This is was posted awhile ago.
    These are mcu shows.

Runaways (TV series)
    Marvel Cinematic Universe tie-ins
    Loeb confirmed in July 2017 that the series would be set in the MCU, but that the show's characters would not be concerned with the actions of the Avengers, for example, saying, "Would you be following Iron Man [on social media] or would you be following someone your own age? The fact that they’ve found each other and they’re going through this mystery together at the moment is what we’re concerned about, not what Captain America is doing." The showrunners considered the series' connection to the MCU to be "liberating", as it allowed them to set the series in a universe where superheroics and fantasy are already established and do not need to be explained to the audience. Schwartz said they "were very capable of telling the story that we wanted to tell independent of any of the other Marvel stories that are out there." Loeb added that there were no plans to crossover across networks with the similarly themed Marvel's Cloak & Dagger and Marvel's New Warriors on Freeform, as Marvel wanted the series to find its footing before further connecting with other elements of the universe, though "You'll see things that comment on each other; we try to touch base wherever we can... things that are happening in L.A. are not exactly going to be affecting what's happening in New Orleans [where Cloak & Dagger is set]... It's being aware of it and trying to find a way [to connect] that makes sense."
    Cloak & Dagger (TV series)
    Freeform executive Karey Burke said in April 2017 that the series is "not particularly connected" to New Warriors, which was slated to air on Freeform at the time, given "their tones are so wildly different", adding, "There are many degrees of separation with where they fall in the Marvel universe. But anything is possible with Marvel." In July, Loeb said there were no plans to crossover, nor to crossover across networks with the similarly themed Marvel's Runaways on Hulu. He added that Marvel wanted the series to find its footing before further connecting with other elements of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, saying "You'll see things that comment on each other; we try to touch base wherever we can... things that are happening in L.A. [where Runaways is set] are not exactly going to be affecting what's happening in New Orleans... It's being aware of it and trying to find a way for it to be able to discuss in a way that makes sense." Ahead of the series premiere, considering the larger events of the MCU at that point, Pokaski said he was "not allowed to talk about" how the series would connect to the events of Avengers: Infinity War but stated "We’ve had some exciting conversations about how we could artfully cross Tandy and Tyrone over [to other Marvel properties]. The beauty of these two is that they can show up anywhere [and it makes sense].”
    Roxxon Gulf, a division of the Roxxon Corporation company that has been featured throughout the MCU, is seen in the series. The Darkforce dimension which fuels Cloak's powers was previously established in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter.Pokaski stated that "There are at least a dozen Easter eggs in the first season that Marvel approved, and a few more that I snuck in there."

Agent Carter (TV series)
    Because Carter originates from the films, Marvel Studios co-presidents Feige and D'Esposito "are very invested in this and they've been really collaborative and very generous with their world". Markus, talking about the series' place in the greater architecture of the MCU, later said "you really only need to drop the tiniest bit of hint and its connected. You don't have to go, 'Howard Stark's wearing the same pants that Tony wears!' ... Everything is enhanced just by the knowledge that its all connected."Butters said, "We always want to feel like you see us as a piece of [the MCU]. But because of our time period, we kind of are on our own a little bit."
    In July 2014, Fazekas explained the series' relationship with the One-Shot by saying, "The short really is the basis for the series. [Carter]'s working at SSR, post-war...If you think of the short as sort of the end of the series, the series would be leading up to that moment where she gets assigned to S.H.I.E.L.D." Markus reiterated this in January 2015, but acknowledged that it would be harder to keep continuity with the short the longer they made the series.The first season introduces the origins of the Black Widow and Winter Soldier programs, which both appear in several MCU films, while the second season shows the discovery of the Darkforce (known as Zero Matter in the series), which previously appeared in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and has ties to both Doctor Strange and Cloak.

Edwin Jarvis
    In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Edwin Jarvis was portrayed by James D'Arcy in the ABC television series Agent Carter and the 2019 film Avengers: Endgame.
    In other media
    Television
    Edwin Jarvis appears in Agent Carter, portrayed by James D'Arcy. Depicted as Howard Stark's butler, he is an assistant to Peggy Carter's missions,and serves as inspiration for the J.A.R.V.I.S. A.I. system in the Iron Man films.
    Film
    James D'Arcy reprised his role as Edwin Jarvis in Avengers: Endgame. The role represents the first time that a character introduced in a Marvel Cinematic Universe television series has appeared in one of the films.He seen in the 1970s where he picks up Howard Stark to meet up with Maria after Howard had a talk with Tony Stark under the alias of Howard Potts.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    In July 2013, Jed Whedon said the series would work in tandem with the Marvel films, both past and upcoming, to weave in between the films, and to "try to make them more rewarding on both ends."He explained that each Marvel project is intended to stand alone first before there is any interweaving, and noted that the series has to work with the film division and be aware of their plans so as not to interfere when introducing someone or something to the universe. Bell elaborated that this was preferable so that people who do not watch the films can still follow the series, and vice versa. He stated that "ABC and Marvel both want the series to be able to make sense on its own", but that it was beneficial for the films to have the series fill in any "gaps" for them, due to having to be "big" and moving "quickly through a lot of huge pieces", unlike television which has time to deal with more nuances.

Daredevil (TV series)
    Daredevil is the first of the ordered Netflix series, and is followed by Marvel's Jessica Jones, Marvel's Luke Cage, and Marvel's Iron Fist, which lead to the miniseries, Marvel's The Defenders.

In December 2014, Loeb explained that "Within the Marvel universe there are thousands of heroes of all shapes and sizes, but the Avengers are here to save the universe and Daredevil is here to save the neighborhood ... It does take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's all connected. But that doesn't necessarily mean that we would look up in the sky and see [Iron Man]. It's just a different part of New York that we have not yet seen in the Marvel movies."Dawson later elaborated that "When you've got that level of superpowers, the fighting is different, the stakes are different, and it has a grander feel. In that world, they exist in it, so they know it and it's normal to them. But in reality when people are fighting and doing really bad, elicit [sic] crimes on the ground and there are guns and drugs—bones are going to break. People aren't hitting each other and nothing's going to happen because they're indestructible. These are people. They're vulnerable and you get to experience that."

In March 2015, Loeb spoke on the ability for the series to crossover with the MCU films and the ABC television series, saying, "As it is now, in the same way that our films started out as self-contained and then by the time we got to The Avengers, it became more practical for Captain America to do a little crossover into Thor 2 and for Bruce Banner to appear at the end of Iron Man 3. We have to earn that. The audience needs to understand who all of these characters are and what the world is before you then start co-mingling in terms of where it's going." In April, Cox stated that crossing over with the films is "possible. I think there's a way that the worlds can merge. I think our show feels tonally and thematically a bit different from the Avengers movies, but it's all one universe and I feel like there's a way for Daredevil—and other characters, Luke Cage and street level crime characters—to fit into that universe. I think there has to be a way, and I think it's about finding an autonomous tone for that [crossover] film". Cox also said that he is contractually obligated to appear in films if asked by Marvel.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-24-2019 at 06:11 AM.