Page 32 of 775 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think the Russo's have earned a break but if they ever find something they're really interested in adapting, I'd be for them coming back .

Secret Wars probably isn't for another decade anyways .
    My theory is that Marvel will parallel Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame by doing Avengers vs X-Men, The Coming Of Galactus and Secret Wars. Maybe with Secret Invasion Dark Reign and Annihilation inter-grated in there somewhere...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Sony & Marvel Strike Deal for Third Spider-Man Film
    https://www.cbr.com/sony-marvel-deal...ider-man-film/

Spider-Man 3: Sony/Marvel Announce Release Date
    https://www.cbr.com/tom-holland-spid...-release-date/
    July 16, 2021

REPORT: Spider-Man Deal Features New Profit Split, One More MCU Appearance
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-sony-...cu-appearance/

There are now four films on the schedule for 2021.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they move one of the 2021 movies for 2022. I remember they delayed some of their phase 3 movies to fit Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2017, so...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-27-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they movie one of the 2021 movies for 2022. I remember they delayed some of their phase 3 movies to fit Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2017, so...
    It really depends if they are comfortable with no fall film in 2021 or not. Guardians 3 was already delayed due to the Gunn fallout and since it is almost certainly the first film planned for 2022 I doubt they’ll be willing to delay it yet again if Thor 4 is suddenly squeezed into that slot.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/mar...tv-1203349869/

People have speculated about this for a while, but now we have a reliable source talking about the divide between Marvel Studios/Marvel Television and how it looks like the former might end up taking over all of the live-action Marvel productions. I saw this coming the minute Marvel Studios announced they were doing TV shows, honestly. I think this is a good idea, although it'll suck if the remaining Marvel TV shows end up getting cancelled as a result. Hopefully Feige would still let Runaways, Cloak & Dagger and Helstrom live, even if they had to make some changes to fit them into the larger MCU.

People have speculated about this for a while, but now we have a reliable source talking about the divide between Marvel Studios/Marvel Television and how it looks like the former might end up taking over all of the live-action Marvel productions. I saw this coming the minute Marvel Studios announced they were doing TV shows, honestly. I think this is a good idea, although it'll suck if the remaining Marvel TV shows end up getting cancelled as a result. Hopefully Feige would still let Runaways, Cloak & Dagger and Helstrom live, even if they had to make some changes to fit them into the larger MCU.
    Hmm...I can see why this would be happening, although a part of me thinks not all Marvel live-action content needs to be related to or spearheaded by Feige/Marvel Studios (what's next, the cartoons? Although Moon Girl seems like it's own thing).

It does make me wonder about the shelf-life for non-Feige TV shows that are currently running or in development. Seems like we might be heading for another Netflix situation.

Runaways is the only Marvel TV production I care about, and I'll be upset if that dies. I wouldn't mind seeing it moved a little closer to mainstream MCU stuff.

Amazing Member

In how many things Kevin Feige is working on?
    It would be interesting idea for a list.

Oh yeah, Marvel tv was on its way out as soon as it was decided that the Studio would handle the streaming shows. We've already seen Netflix's Defenders die because of this.

It sucks but I get it. Putting all this stuff under the direction of a single entity will make things run a lot more smoothly, and allow for the kind of cross-promotion that people (mistakenly) expected from the tv shows. And really, other than the Defenders we're not losing *that* much. Agents of SHIELD is six seasons in and wasn't likely to last much longer anyway, given its struggle with ratings in recent years (and we're still getting a final season). And with Marvel owning the majority of Hulu I can see shows like Cloak & Dagger being allowed to run out another season or two. Let's not forget that Hulu seems to be getting all the stuff that won't fit into the MCU, like those new adult cartoons, so the stuff they already have should be safe for now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm hoping Thor 5 will be "Thor V Inhumans" .

I like thor's dynamic with Black Bolt from the Avengers Assemble show. So I thought it be cool if Thor/Inhumans had a crossover.

If Kevin Feige is cool enough to absorb the Runaways instead of having it die off, he'd have access to some of Marvel's premier queer characters. Not that I really want Nico and Karolina to strike off on their own, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh yeah, Marvel tv was on its way out as soon as it was decided that the Studio would handle the streaming shows. We've already seen Netflix's Defenders die because of this.

It sucks but I get it. Putting all this stuff under the direction of a single entity will make things run a lot more smoothly, and allow for the kind of cross-promotion that people (mistakenly) expected from the tv shows. And really, other than the Defenders we're not losing *that* much. Agents of SHIELD is six seasons in and wasn't likely to last much longer anyway, given its struggle with ratings in recent years (and we're still getting a final season). And with Marvel owning the majority of Hulu I can see shows like Cloak & Dagger being allowed to run out another season or two. Let's not forget that Hulu seems to be getting all the stuff that won't fit into the MCU, like those new adult cartoons, so the stuff they already have should be safe for now.
    I don't think Marvel Studios doing TV shows is what killed the Netflix shows, it was just the existence of D+ generally.

I wouldn't mind if they reboot Iron Fist for Disney+.

I wouldn't mind if Murdock, Nelson and Page defends Peter in Spidernan "no place like home".
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-30-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Seeing Kingpin continue on as a recurring MCU villain would be cool as well. And Vincent D'Onofrio apparently loves working with Marvel, so he might be open to doing it.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios is killing Marvel TV & That's a Major Problem

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel Studios is killing Marvel TV & That's a Major Problem
    I just want some good cartoons...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think Marvel Studios doing TV shows is what killed the Netflix shows, it was just the existence of D+ generally.
    That's what I mean. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Once Disney decided to get into their own streaming service that was the end for stuff like the Defenders. And with everything falling under Fiege and his Studio, I don't see networks like ABC doing much more with Marvel either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.