Page 45 of 773 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ms. Marvel in Captain Marvel 2 seems obvious enough.
    Prior to Feige's statement I had speculated that if CM2 predates Ms. Marvel Kamala would cameo as herself then gain her powers on her series. So now will the reverse happen: will Brie guest in Ms. Marvel, which is almost certain as how else will Kamala be inspired to use the "Marvel" moniker?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Prior to Feige's statement I had speculated that if CM2 predates Ms. Marvel Kamala would cameo as herself then gain her powers on her series. So now will the reverse happen: will Brie guest in Ms. Marvel, which is almost certain as how else will Kamala be inspired to use the "Marvel" moniker?
    I still want them to explain how the Captain Marvel codename is even a thing when Peter just off-handedly mentioned it. Did she just refer to herself that way completely off-screen ?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't think Juggernaut would be a priority character for them.
    What do you mean? Who would be? Wolverine again?

There's a shitload of characters they're getting with X-Men and they need to consider each one.

I still want them to explain how the Captain Marvel codename is even a thing when Peter just off-handedly mentioned it. Did she just refer to herself that way completely off-screen ?
    Well, there was a five-year timeskip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    What do you mean? Who would be? Wolverine again?

There's a shitload of characters they're getting with X-Men and they need to consider each one.
    I wasn't saying their shouldn't use the Juggernaut, just that I don't expect them to.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wasn't saying their shouldn't use the Juggernaut, just that I don't expect them to.
    And why's that? The MCU includes ton of unexpected characters who were far less well-known than the Juggernaut. I think Feige wants to include as many characters as possible.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Although the Psylocke identity is a bit of a mess to work around.
    I'm really curious to see how they would handle a live action Betsy Braddock. One thing I know for sure: the body swap won't happen. Too many unfortunate racial implications that Marvel wouldn't want. So either Betsy would be white like she was always meant to be or she is going to be asian from the beginning. I personally prefer if they let her be white and use Kwannon as her nemesis within that universe. I prefer this over erasing Kwannon completely and giving some of her features/history to Betsy, because making Betsy ethnically asian wouldn't change the fact that she was born and raised in a western world, unlike Kwannon. She wouldn't be able to have the whole ninja aesthetic thing without raising some concerns about cultural appropriation, so it's probably easier to avoid any controversies with Betsy and let the actual japanese woman play the japanese role. Unless they change the ENTIRE Braddock family to make all of them have ties to japanese lore... which seems a tad unnecessary just to accomodate one character in particular.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-11-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Simple: Make Betsy into Brian's adopted sister rather than twin. The fact is, Psylocke is far more iconic as the Asian ninja even if the body swap is weird and Dawn of X basically made Kwannon a stand-in for Psylocke complete with the name, while moving Betsy to Captain Britain, all because no one was interested in White Psylocke. Most adaptations do Betsy as Asian, just have her as such from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Simple: Make Betsy into Brian's adopted sister rather than twin. The fact is, Psylocke is far more iconic as the Asian ninja even if the body swap is weird and Dawn of X basically made Kwannon a stand-in for Psylocke complete with the name, while moving Betsy to Captain Britain, all because no one was interested in White Psylocke. Most adaptations do Betsy as Asian, just have her as such from the beginning.
    Like I said, making Betsy ethnically asian won't change her actual english upbringing unless they retcon the entire family as asian. She would have no reason to go around dressed as a ninja if that was never a part of her culture, and it would seem in bad taste to make an european woman dress as a ninja just because she's ethnically asian. That would scream tokenism and I don't think Marvel Studios wants that kind of accusation being thrown at them, specially now that they are being more mindful of their asian representation, with the upcoming Shang-Chi production. So yeah, I stand by my opinion that if they want to have a ninja, they should use the person who is actually japanese for the role, and that means Kwannon. It's true that white Betsy is not as known or iconic, but Marvel Studios at this point can make anyone relevant, so I'm not worried about her not catching on.

Also, keep in mind that the bridge between comics and movies has been rebuilt, which means that the comics people would probably fill Feige in on what's going on with Besty/Kwannon in the comics, and why they decided to do that. Feige would be a lot more inclined to listen to them now, since they're actually working together again.

Another simple answer, connect her to the Hand (rebooted from Daredevil), and have her train at some point. There are easy ways to get around this.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I like original old school purple haired psychic agent Betsy so I wouldn't mind seeing that version adapted into live action.

Phew, It’s Good That Avengers: Endgame Cut Iron Man’s Soulword Scene
    https://screenrant.com/avengers-endg...aWXhfXoCefsxT8

Beware of spoilers there

Extraordinary Member

Inhuman attack the MCU & New Avengers Teased for Ms.Marvel TV Series - MCU Future

For Betsy, I would just make her mixed-race or just use Kwannon like how they used Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym.

I'm cool with the Royal Family popping up in Ms. Marvel but I was hoping Thor V Inhumans would happen more.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-12-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For Betsy, I would just make her mixed-race or just use Kwannon like how they used Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym.
    I don't think it's the same situation as the Ant-Man one, because Betsy and Kwannon don't have the same mentor/mentee dynamic that you have with Hank and Scott. They've been pitted against each other ever since the first time they've met. They're nemesis. It would be like making a Fantastic Four movie and using Victor von Doom as Mr. Fantastic instead of Reed Richards. Doesn't really work, does it? The dynamic between Betsy and Kwannon is interesting precisely because they are opposites of each other. One can't ever truly be the other, even if they switch bodies. I think that letting them co-exist like they currently do in the comics is the best way to go. You get two badass female characters who get to be their authentic selves with their own individual stories, and no one gets erased or replaced in the process.