Page 48 of 775 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

I don't think they killed Quicksilver because of Fox. I think they killed Quicksilver because people tend not to like him very much.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think they killed Quicksilver because of Fox. I think they killed Quicksilver because people tend not to like him very much.
    Whedon kills people. It's what he does.

How would they even gauge that before the movie comes out? Anyways, I think I remember Whedon considered him "disposable", and I think that's what he was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    How would they even gauge that before the movie comes out? Anyways, I think I remember Whedon considered him "disposable", and I think that's what he was getting at.
    Whedon considering him "disposable" is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people tend not to like him.

Whedon considering him "disposable" is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people tend not to like him.
    I don't think his "disposable" nature had anything to do with his likeability though.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson says Quicksilver will not be returning to the MCU. There were rumors of him appearing in WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2.
    WandaVision was THE opportunity to bring him back, if only for a brief time. There's obviously some reality warping and/or illusion elements involved in the story, so it would make perfect sense narratively. Do they really want us to believe that in a perfect, ideal world, Pietro wouldn't exist in Wanda's life? I hope there's at least a mention of him. Better yet, I hope Aaron is straight-up lying so fans will be surprised by a cameo of his.

Maybe it wasn't directly because of FOX, but I always had the feeling that it could've played a part in their motivation to not develop the character further. As in, ''there's already a popular version of this character in another big cinematic franchise, so fans won't miss him that much''. Since Whedon wanted a sacrifice, it was easier to choose him with that mindset. I don't think it was just out of dislike for the character, because it's been stated that they filmed a slightly different version of Age Of Ultron in which Pietro survived. So they must have known there was potential there; they just chose not to pursue it.

Anyway, FOX is not an excuse anymore, as we all know it. So if Marvel decides to continue acting like Pietro never existed, I guess we should take the hint that they're simply not interested in using him anymore. I actually think it's possible he might get replaced by Speed if WandaVision takes the direction most of us are expecting it to take...

Boisterously Confused

IMO, that's more a function of Quicksilver not being seen as a central member of The Avengers (in spite of having a couple of lengthy stints as a member) than whether or not he was liked.

Neither was Black Widow. She was only the 16th member to join the Avengers and wasn't nearly as core compared to the other five MCU founders, or compared to Quicksilver, or other female Avengers like Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Carol and Mockingbird. Yet she got bumped to founder status, so if that was his excuse it's a pretty bad one.

Extraordinary Member

Whedon has said that he shot an alternate version of the ending where Quicksilver lives, in case Disney wanted to keep him around (we've never seen that footage, if it even still exists).

I don't really know why he wanted to kill Pietro, except that he fell in love with the idea of teasing Hawkeye's death only to surprise the audience by making it this new guy who was being set up as a new member of the team. (And also, he wanted Pietro in the movie because he wanted to get Wanda and Vision in the movie, not so much because he cared about the character himself.) But I would not be surprised if the existence of the other Quicksilver made Disney less likely to pick up ATJ's option.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Neither was Black Widow. She was only the 16th member to join the Avengers and wasn't nearly as core compared to the other five MCU founders, or compared to Quicksilver, or other female Avengers like Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Carol and Mockingbird. Yet she got bumped to founder status, so if that was his excuse it's a pretty bad one.
    I mean, Black Widow had the advantage of availability among female Avengers. She is rather easy to introduce.(no power to explain, and not package deal like Hank&Janet, Wanda&Pietro).

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    It was in "Endgame," with the hand he used to wear the Stark-Infinity Gauntlet and snap/blip back the lost ones from 5 years ago in "Infinity War." Ruined his forearm something fierce.
    I was talking about the part I put in boldface. The person I quoted said Hulk "leg press[ed] a mountain".
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

RUMOR: Doctor Doom Will Be The Villain Of ‘Black Panther II’
    https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/11...black-panther/

I thought Namor was going to be the villain.

Extraordinary Member

Do they even have the rights to Namor back? He wasn't with Fox, so his rights status has always been a bit confusing. Last I heard Feige said the Namor rights were "not as clean or clear as the majority of the other characters."

I don't know if the Doom rumor (Doomor?) will turn out to be true, but introducing Doom without the FF, and then maybe even the FF without Doom, would fit Feige's M.O. of trying to introduce familiar characters like Spider-Man with characters they haven't already fought in movies before.

I dunno. I get not starting out the FF with Doom immediately but I think there would be too many expectations by pitting him against Black Panther initially.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Which other villains would the Panther have left