Page 5 of 761 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Will the Skrull replace Thanos in the grander scheme of upcoming Phases? If so, fingers crossed we won't get SECRET INVASION

Can't pretend I liked that story or the dark reign that followed

Put me off marvel books for a good while coz I found them all too dour and depressing generally

didn't like it at all

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They're Skrulls. Replacing people is whatthey do .

And I'm sure an MCU Secret Invasion won't be 2 hours of one brawl in the Savage Land followed by 15 minutes of an Independence Day style invasion, just like any other MCU film that copied the title of a comics story line had very little to nothing in common with the source.
    You are giving me hope, sir

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Since Carol it seems is Half Human and Kree could she be Mar-Vell's kid? If so she better had been looking for Teddy, Phyla, and Genis over the last twenty years.
    That could explain why she ends up taking his name as her codename beyond seeing him as an inspiration, because she's literally a Vell herself.

Although I still don't think Jude Law is actually Mar-Vell.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Can't pretend I liked that story or the dark reign that followed

Put me off marvel books for a good while coz I found them all too dour and depressing generally

didn't like it at all
    I think the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon did a really good take on Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon did a really good take on Secret Invasion.
    Secret Invasion was a great concept but the story itself wasn't executed as well as one could hope.

Should they tackle it in the films, I fully expect a different telling that has damn little in common with the original source material. As Carabas said, that's what these films do; take great liberties with the source.

But, come on! How can you not love a good "who do you trust?" story with shape-shifting green aliens with ray guns?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Secret Invasion was a great concept but the story itself wasn't executed as well as one could hope.
    I really loved the build-up to it in New Avengers and other books.

And really, to this day I believe Bendis has had his Skrull cloak and dagger spy story hijacked and turned into a big stupid event. There's just no way that the build-up was leading to 5-6 issues of the Avengers fighting nostalgic copies of themselves in the Savage Land.

And really, to this day I believe Bendis has had his Skrull cloak and dagger spy story hijacked and turned into a big stupid event. There's just no way that the build-up was leading to 5-6 issues of the Avengers fighting nostalgic copies of themselves in the Savage Land.
    That seems to be true for a lot of event stories.

I did like how EMH adapted that moment.

For a extra when Avengers 4 is released on home media i want Michael Pena's Luis giving Bruce a Phase 3 rundown.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    For a extra when Avengers 4 is released on home media i want Michael Pena's Luis giving Bruce a Phase 3 rundown.
    Well crap, now I need 2 things to happen in Avengers 4.

I need Steve Rogers to finally say "Avengers assemble!" and now I need Luis doing this.

I mean, there's a lot of stuff I *want* in Avengers 4, but those are the only two I think I *need.*
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

WOuld it not make sense to bring Hela and Thanos together since he "courts Death"? Maybe Cate Blanchett only wanted to do one movie? Maybe Thanos AND Hela would be too powerful for even the Avengers?

BANNED

WOuld it not make sense to bring Hela and Thanos together since he "courts Death"?
    He doesn't court death, so it would not really make any sense at all.

Ok, I'll rephrase since comics Thanos is in love with Death why not bring MCU Thanos and Hela together? As a story I would work for me and I was just wondering if there were any real life obstacles behind the scenes since I don't follow the MCU pre-production closely

BANNED

Ok, I'll rephrase since comics Thanos is in love with Death why not bring MCU Thanos and Hela together?
    Because comics thanos isn't in the MCU, and MCU Thanos couldn't care less about death other than as a tool.

And because Thanos: nihilistic emo is not nearly as interesting as MCU Thanos. Oh, and Hela is dead.

Because comics thanos isn't in the MCU, and MCU Thanos couldn't care less about death other than as a tool.

And because Thanos: nihilistic emo is not nearly as interesting as MCU Thanos. Oh, and Hela is dead.
    I mean, we never saw a body. And we know at least Thor level Asgardians can survive in space. If they want to bring her back, it would be one the easiest.

Hela isn't dead
    The J-man