Page 50 of 773 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's disappointing. i get that they need to make doom work (for the sake of the FF). but he's going to be a harder sell than Thanos. the latter has the built in immunity of being an extraterrestrial. you can't look at him at say, "that doesn't make sense." then you have Doom who is a cape wearing iron man with magical powers who runs a country. it's silly in a way that something like Ultron or Thanos isn't. but good luck to them. i'm rooting for the Avengers next big bad to be Kang. he's Doom without the headache of needing an explanation. why is his tech so impressive? he's from the future. why is he dressed so funny? he's from the future. how is he a challenge to the Avengers? he literally has all the time in the world to prepare. it's the most logical next step after all of the time shenanigans in infinity war.
    You can easily sell Doom as the next overarching big bad. That's what makes him great -- Doom is a human, and proves to be the most dangerous villain ever. If it's just Kang or Annihilus, it'll feel like more of the same as another cosmic villain. Doom, on the other hand, will provide a new perspective in terms of being a villain, that'll contrast him nicely to Thanos.

Think of it: Thanos is an alien from a distant world who thinks little, if anything, of Earth, and believes it's his burden to balance out the entire universe. Doctor Doom is a human from our world who believes Earth must be protected from any threat, and that he's the only one who can do it. That's what you call a "contrasting sequel antagonist".

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    You can easily sell Doom as the next overarching big bad. That's what makes him great -- Doom is a human, and proves to be the most dangerous villain ever. If it's just Kang or Annihilus, it'll feel like more of the same as another cosmic villain. Doom, on the other hand, will provide a new perspective in terms of being a villain, that'll contrast him nicely to Thanos.
    you're thinking of Helmut Zemo. a human with no powers, no armor, no magic...just ingenuity and a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Think of it: Thanos is an alien from a distant world who thinks little, if anything, of Earth, and believes it's his burden to balance out the entire universe. Doctor Doom is a human from our world who believes Earth must be protected from any threat, and that he's the only one who can do it. That's what you call a "contrasting sequel antagonist".
    not seeing it. Doom is a "human" who is arrogant enough to think that he knows what is best for the world after a machine he built to get to hell exploded in his face. you've misconstrued him as Earth's defender. he's basically small potatoes Thanos. he would try to take over the universe but, unlike Thanos, he wouldn't know how to do it without first being introduced to the concept of Infinity Stones. Thanos was actually really relatable. they grounded his motives and got away from that being in love of Death stuff. a contrast would be Kang, a human who grew up in a time of peace and progress (thanks to the Avengers) deciding that he's going to be different and challenge the order. Kang would prove himself by going back to a more dangerous time and going toe-to-toe with his "heroes." Thanos underestimated the Avengers. Kang, for contrast, would in some ways worship them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Showing Fury and Clint made this look set after Winter Solider instead of Civil War until Ross showed up.

It's kind of funny that Black Widow is the one character in this without a Russian accent .

I'm not loving Taskmaster's design, but the bow looks cool.

Red Guardian has seen better days...I wonder about that "family" line. Did Red Guardian serve a similar role to Winter Solider in the comics?

Black Widow was the one movie on their slate I was kinda meh on based on Endgame but that trailer did sell me. Looks fantastic and I'm already down to see Yelena. Not enough Rachel Weisz in that trailer though

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Black Widow was the one movie on their slate I was kinda meh on based on Endgame but that trailer did sell me. Looks fantastic and I'm already down to see Yelena. Not enough Rachel Weisz in that trailer though
    that's because she's the secret villain. the more they show of her, the more you'll suspect her.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson says Quicksilver will not be returning to the MCU. There were rumors of him appearing in WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2.
    It's worth noting that if he were to appear they would want it to be a surprise, so ATJ would have to deny it anyhow.

I think Wanda and Vision are both real and in a pocket dimension in WandaVision, away from Earth, the dimension imbuing Vision with emotion after Shuri rebuilds him without emotion (look at his reaction in the concept art; delight as he is bathed in colour, whereas the monochrome Vision is emotionless. As such, there would be no Pietro. It's a pocket dimension, not an imaginary world.

The key thing clue to look for is Donna Strange appearing in DSitMoM, if she is vast that may just mean Pietro might show up.

Moviesinfi

Avengers: Endgame is a masterpiece that not only delivers on every expectation you had but exceeds ones you didn't even think about. This isn't just a movie, it's an experience.
    Read Movies Reviews Review and Box office collection >Moviesinfi

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Showing Fury and Clint made this look set after Winter Solider instead of Civil War until Ross showed up.

It's kind of funny that Black Widow is the one character in this without a Russian accent .

I'm not loving Taskmaster's design, but the bow looks cool.

Red Guardian has seen better days...I wonder about that "family" line. Did Red Guardian serve a similar role to Winter Solider in the comics?
    Yeah, Taskmaster's look is a bit of a letdown. It's not.....bad.....it just could've been better, I think. But I like Red Guardian's costume; it looks old school and dated (and very comics accurate) which seems pretty fitting for a old super soldier who's best days are behind him.

Loving the trailer, anyway. I've been worried about this one. Widow's a pretty twisted character with some really messed up stuff in her life and I've wondered if they could properly capture all that in a MCU film. I feel like Widow deserves the full "R" rating, yknow? But this trailer was badass and enjoyable and I'm hoping Marvel found a way to do Nat justice within the PG13 framework.

Now, this whole "Doom or Kang" thing.....either could work as the next Big Bad but I'd rather see Doom. Kang would indeed work well building off the time shenanigans of Endgame, but I'd rather see a "home grown" threat for the next multi-phase villain. Doom brings a lot to the table that we haven't really seen before, and he opens up narrative options someone like Kang doesn't. And most important, he's got a completely different perspective and setup than Thanos does. Kang's just another invader from the great beyond, Doom is right here.

Actually, what I want to see is *no* multi-phase Big Bad at all. Not for a little while. We just did that. I want something else.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, Taskmaster's look is a bit of a letdown. It's not.....bad.....it just could've been better, I think. But I like Red Guardian's costume; it looks old school and dated (and very comics accurate) which seems pretty fitting for a old super soldier who's best days are behind him.
    I think the biggest knock against it is that one scene of him with the hood down...you probably would not have realized that was Taskmaster unless you had seen the concept art. He could easily be mistaken for, like, Paladin or even Darkhawk.

Although I've read speculation that they didn't go with a full-on skull mask because it might harm the film's box office chances in China.

I think the biggest knock against it is that one scene of him with the hood down...you probably would not have realized that was Taskmaster unless you had seen the concept art. He could easily be mistaken for, like, Paladin or even Darkhawk.

Although I've read speculation that they didn't go with a full-on skull mask because it might harm the film's box office chances in China.
    Yeah, if I hadn't already known that was Taskmaster I don't think I could have ID'd him at all. He was using a bow so I'd likely guess it was Barton's sometimes-evil brother or something.

Why would a full skull mask be a problem in China? Is there a social taboo against that or something?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, if I hadn't already known that was Taskmaster I don't think I could have ID'd him at all. He was using a bow so I'd likely guess it was Barton's sometimes-evil brother or something.

Why would a full skull mask be a problem in China? Is there a social taboo against that or something?
    https://www.techinasia.com/china-doe...middle-kingdom

I'm holding out hope he's gonna survive this movie to come back later in another movie with his iconic skull mask.

I know it's hard to discern, but I'm a big Tasky fan.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    I'm holding out hope he's gonna survive this movie to come back later in another movie with his iconic skull mask.

I know it's hard to discern, but I'm a big Tasky fan.
    Crossbones says Hello

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Crossbones says Hello
    I wasn't in love with how they handled Crossbones' mask either.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, apparently Zemo WILL be a baron in the MCU. I wonder how they'll explain that, since nothing that was established on CA:CW seemed to hint at him coming from a noble family. I got the impression he was quite a common guy, actually.