Page 51 of 761 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, apparently Zemo WILL be a baron in the MCU. I wonder how they'll explain that, since nothing that was established on CA:CW seemed to hint at him coming from a noble family. I got the impression he was quite a common guy, actually.

maybe he rejected the title (the legacy of the zemo name) to become a soldier and go live a simple life in the country. that would make what happened even more tragic. it's not too different from what happened in the comics. Helmut was in school studying to be an engineer while his dad was running around in that purple sock villaining it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, apparently Zemo WILL be a baron in the MCU. I wonder how they'll explain that, since nothing that was established on CA:CW seemed to hint at him coming from a noble family. I got the impression he was quite a common guy, actually.

Or maybe they just decided to go with his comic title. I mean, it's possible.

Edit: Oh, boy. Too ambiguous. What I meant was, maybe they just decided to go with 'Baron Zemo' in the script while never mentioning it on screen.
    Last edited by djoki96; 12-06-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's disappointing. i get that they need to make doom work (for the sake of the FF). but he's going to be a harder sell than Thanos. the latter has the built in immunity of being an extraterrestrial. you can't look at him at say, "that doesn't make sense." then you have Doom who is a cape wearing iron man with magical powers who runs a country. it's silly in a way that something like Ultron or Thanos isn't. but good luck to them. i'm rooting for the Avengers next big bad to be Kang. he's Doom without the headache of needing an explanation. why is his tech so impressive? he's from the future. why is he dressed so funny? he's from the future. how is he a challenge to the Avengers? he literally has all the time in the world to prepare. it's the most logical next step after all of the time shenanigans in infinity war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    maybe he rejected the title (the legacy of the zemo name) to become a soldier and go live a simple life in the country. that would make what happened even more tragic. it's not too different from what happened in the comics. Helmut was in school studying to be an engineer while his dad was running around in that purple sock villaining it up.
    Could be his roots are german and his family gave up the title on moving to Sokovia. Now that there isn't a Sokovia anymore...

Will they find some way to work in "Baron" Mordo as well ?

Did Mordo ever give a name other than Mordo? Maybe it's just his first name in the MCU. It's not a common name but there's weirder names out there.

As for Zemo....maybe he figures that Steve Rogers got a title he didn't deserve so why not Zemo himself? Or maybe his grandfather was a Baron during WWII and Zemo is taking the mantle back. Or maybe its a new rank bestowed by a new Hydra (or Serpent Society or whoever).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Did Mordo ever give a name other than Mordo? Maybe it's just his first name in the MCU. It's not a common name but there's weirder names out there.

As for Zemo....maybe he figures that Steve Rogers got a title he didn't deserve so why not Zemo himself? Or maybe his grandfather was a Baron during WWII and Zemo is taking the mantle back. Or maybe its a new rank bestowed by a new Hydra (or Serpent Society or whoever).
    Karl Mordo. I think the Ancient One called him that at one point during the movie.

Moon Knight, Ms Marvel & She-Hulk Coming to Disney+ Sooner Than You Think
    https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marv...arriving-soon/

My friend and I discuss the new Black Widow trailer on the latest episode of our podcast. Have a listen https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1482220681
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Moon Knight, Ms Marvel & She-Hulk Coming to Disney+ Sooner Than You Think
    https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marv...arriving-soon/
    2020 is going to be a busy Marvel year .

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Stays Silent On Deadpool Future At Brazil Comic-Con

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel Stays Silent On Deadpool Future At Brazil Comic-Con
    Eh, they said it was gonna be a while before they folded in the Fox properties.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It looks like they're saving the Fox properties for Phase 5.

Agreed.

It's Phase 5 where we're likely to see X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool. I'm guessing SDCC 2021 is where they'll announce that slate.

By the way, here's my Phase 5 movie slate prediction. Leaving off Disney+ shows due to the variables making it hard to predict.

Ant-Man 3
    Black Panther 2
    Blade
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
    Fantastic Four
    Captain Marvel 2
    X-Men
    Deadpool 3
    Spider-Man 4
    Nova
    Excalibur
    Silver Surfer
    Avengers 5

Would you like this?

James Bond comes out in April and Black Widow comes out in May, two spy movies a month apart from each other. Which one do you think will do better at the box office?
    Black Widow vs. Wonder Woman 1984 in June, which one do you think will do better?