Page 62 of 773 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast

Spidey in trailer on poster with "murderer" . Looks like he got blamed for the events of the last film due to events of the mid credit scene! Guessing this will play out in the next spidey film. Also is this in the mcu? Note they use the ps4 suit for spidey! Also a mcu movie bad guy shows up!

Last edited by Gaastra; 01-13-2020 at 10:04 AM.

wasn't excited until Keaton showed up.

People have pointed out vulture is wearing the same outfit he was wearing in jail at the end of homecoming. Looks like vulture broke out of prison! Did the scorpion break out also?

Extraordinary Member

Agents of SHIELD to Feature Major MCU & Avengers Tie-In - MCU Rumors

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spidey in trailer on poster with "murderer" . Looks like he got blamed for the events of the last film due to events of the mid credit scene! Guessing this will play out in the next spidey film. Also is this in the mcu? Note they use the ps4 suit for spidey! Also a mcu movie bad guy shows up!

My guess is that this will be a Marvel Studios/Marvel Television kind of situation, in which one universe (Sony) keeps referencing the other (Marvel Studios), but doesn't get referenced back. So it is the MCU, but not really. It was probably the way they found to keep Spidey with both companies, while also not allowing anyone else to come in and make a mess with Kevin Feige's toys.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-13-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    My guess is that this will be a Marvel Studios/Marvel Television kind of situation, in which one universe (Sony) keeps referencing the other (Marvel Studios), but doesn't get referenced back. So it is the MCU, but not really. It was probably the way they found to keep Spidey with Feige, while also not allowing anyone else to come in and make a mess with his toys.
    They should just say it's an AU that exists within the MCU multiverse. And Spidey can travel through the dimensions kinda like how Spider-Gwen is always showing up on 616. Or there's just an AU Peter that's also played by Tom Holland.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think they have to say anything. Feige never officially denied that the TV shows were canon to the MCU, he just ignored them.

Sony gets to have MCU guest appearances to help promote its own movies, and if they wanted to do something that would actually affect the MCU, they'd probably have to get Feige's permission first, but otherwise I don't think most people will worry about making everything match up perfectly.
    Last edited by gurkle; 01-13-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think they have to say anything. Feige never officially denied that the TV shows were canon to the MCU, he just ignored them.
    And I hate that. In fact, that's also my idea for the shows. Say they were from an AU. That way, they can use the same actors AND reboot the franchises at the same time AND keep the shows canon in a way. Literally great for everyone.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They should just say it's an AU that exists within the MCU multiverse. And Spidey can travel through the dimensions kinda like how Spider-Gwen is always showing up on 616. Or there's just an AU Peter that's also played by Tom Holland.
    That works too, and I actually would prefer if it was like that. More organized. But Sony had to win something in return so Marvel could use Spider-Man again, and I guess this is what they got out of their new deal: being able to cash in on the MCU's popularity. I think Feige will play ball until he doesn't have to anymore, and then in the future, maybe he'll say it was an AU or whatever. Like, I'm fully expecting that it's gonna happen to some of the Marvel TV franchises at some point. If the rumors about Ms. Marvel are true, then they will pretty much admit that what Marvel TV did with Inhumans was not an official part of the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

IMO (and only my personal opinion of course) being an AU is more harmful than being ignored, because it makes it seem like the stories don't "count" and the characters who appear are not the official ones. It's true that the movies never acknowledge that Coulson is alive but the Coulson we saw on Agents of Shield is still the same guy we saw in the movies. If it were an AU, he wouldn't be.

IMO (and only my personal opinion of course) being an AU is more harmful than being ignored, because it makes it seem like the stories don't "count" and the characters who appear are not the official ones. It's true that the movies never acknowledge that Coulson is alive but the Coulson we saw on Agents of Shield is still the same guy we saw in the movies. If it were an AU, he wouldn't be.
    It has it's cons but imo it's definetely better for the characters in the long run. I mean, Daredevil for example. We could have him on the MCU, interacting with main heroes and everything, still played by Charlie Coxx. Krysten as Jessica interacting with Captain Marvel. Even Coulson or Daisy or whoever, really. That's definetely better than just... Never using the characters again.

It would be better if it was actually just the same version from the shows, sure, but I'm not sure that's something Feige would ever be willing to do...

Huh? What makes you say that? Pretty sure there are no rules to made up things like alternate universes. If they decide Agents of Shield, the Netflix shows, etc. took place in an AU then that's what happened.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

This.

I think Fiege is also more involved with the Sony deal than he was with the Defenders and AoS stuff. If the concepts proved to be popular and the companies get along enough, they could bring the Sony movie characters into the MCU.

Defenders should just be soft booted. Recast where necessary without contradicting the continuity of the shows themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Here is another view about the current mcu shows from marvel entertainment and sony marvel morbius and venom
    Morbius & Venom in the MCU is like Marvel's Netflix Shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=641LURmV5Gc
    You could check out the other comments/views inside.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-14-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member