Page 8 of 773 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Marvel Studios reportedly planning to produce their own spin-off TV shows for Disney Play, with Kevin Feige in control. Loki and Scarlet Witch are two potential franchises:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/

Honestly, this sounds amazing. It could really work as a complement to the MCU. It's a pity that they didn't think of this sooner and we ended up getting stuff like Inhumans. Marvel Studios should've always been in control of all MCU properties.
    These sound really cool! Kind of like how mini-series in the comics work .

I'm curious how many of the main MCU actors they will get back for this. Will Vision pop up in Wanda's show? Could we see a return of Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver?

When in the MCU timeline will they be set? Scarlet Witch could be post-Avengers 4, but barring a surprise reveal Loki's would have to be set before his death.

I would love a Warriors Three show that just completley ignores what happened to them in Ragnarok or just revives them. I also like the idea of a Sif show showing what she was doing during Ragnarok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Tessa Thompson Valkyrie show as well please.
    I'd love a Gamora show that actually gets to showcase her as the Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy rather then just being one in-paper and in-name-only .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm really hoping they take treat Ronan right this time around. He was just a one-dimensional zealot in GotG, and I felt like that was a huge loss. The MCU rarely handles its villains well, but Ronan was a highlight of disappointment for me. He's such a fascinating character, and they just turned him into a bad stereotypical terrorist. Such a waste.

But now? We might not only get to see Ronan in a more recognizable, interesting form, but maybe even the event/s that lead to his downfall into Kree renegade? That could salvage the character for me.
    I'm curious if we'll see the Supreme Intelligence in the movie, especially considering how important they generally are to Ronan's motivation beyond his devotion to the Kree people.

The trailer was quite good, and the last shot was great. But the best part is definitely the granny punching. What if she thinks it's a skrull, but it's not?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    The trailer was quite good, and the last shot was great. But the best part is definitely the granny punching. What if she thinks it's a skrull, but it's not?
    Somebody’s Granny’s dead.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These sound really cool! Kind of like how mini-series in the comics work .

I'm curious how many of the main MCU actors they will get back for this. Will Vision pop up in Wanda's show? Could we see a return of Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver?

When in the MCU timeline will they be set? Scarlet Witch could be post-Avengers 4, but barring a surprise reveal Loki's would have to be set before his death.

I would love a Warriors Three show that just completley ignores what happened to them in Ragnarok or just revives them. I also like the idea of a Sif show showing what she was doing during Ragnarok.

I'd love a Gamora show that actually gets to showcase her as the Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy rather then just being one in-paper and in-name-only .

I'm curious if we'll see the Supreme Intelligence in the movie, especially considering how important they generally are to Ronan's motivation beyond his devotion to the Kree people.
    There's certainly a lot of exciting options for these mini series, as long as they don't detract the chance for some of them to appear in films still.

One idea I just had would be a Marvel Team Up anthology series. Say for a whole year once every two months they do a 90 minute feature where two MCU characters, maybe some logical ones and maybe some unexpected teams, work together in a special adventure. This would for example be a great way of having the Spider-Man and Doctor Strange film so many people would want to see, or something set before Civil War with War Machine and Falcon on a New Avengers mission, or Nebula and Mantis having to work together... so many possibilities!

Mini series just screams a Okoye lead Dora mission!

or War Dogs!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Mini series just screams a Okoye lead Dora mission!

or War Dogs!
    Honestly if Shuri doesn't get some kind of Mini series I'll be very surprised. Her and Okoye going on a mission somewhere for T'Challa is a perfect setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Honestly if Shuri doesn't get some kind of Mini series I'll be very surprised. Her and Okoye going on a mission somewhere for T'Challa is a perfect setup.
    And both actresses aren't so huge where being on a streaming service would be a "downgrade"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And both actresses aren't so huge where being on a streaming service would be a "downgrade"
    And both are fan fav enough to make it work on Disney Play. They'd just need a decent villain from the Black Panther rogue gallery or someone else and they'd be set.

I've seen a few people stating this means Loki would be resurrected/survive Avengers 4 but that really doesn't have to be the case. Isn't he hundreds, if not thousands, of years old? It could easily be an exploration of his character prior to Thor 1 and how he came to be involved with Thanos and the Chitauri. Scarlet Witch is a more likely resurrection but it also isn't necessary since, if they can get Aaron Taylor-Johnson, this could literally tell the untold tale of their time as experiments of Hydra or any of the years between her appearances in the Avengers movies. Still, I'm hoping that the story is after Avengers 4 (since she's one of the character's I want back) and it's an exploration of her power, finding her place in the world after she's been forced to kill the man she loves. If Quicksilver isn't brought back or available, it'd be great to see her finally dealing with the repercussions of his death. Wanda didn't just lose a brother, she lost a twin, and the Avengers films and Sorry for Your Loss have clearly shown that Elizabeth Olsen is capable of conveying that emotion. Even if Wanda and Leigh Shaw are very different characters.

I'm so here for Okoye and the Dora Milaje on missions in a miniseries. Wakanda has such a glorious culture that they could explore and there are minor villains in the mythos that could easily be the antagonists they face because they're unlikely to be a major movie threat.

The great thing about this announcement is that it really expands the MCU. It gives characters that wouldn't appear a chance to do so. With the Fox rights reverted, we can get characters from those franchises such as Agatha Harkness if they decide to expand on Scarlet Witch's mystical inclinations. At the end of the day, Wanda is currently connected to the cosmos after being empowered by the Mind Stone but that connection to the universe could easily pave the way for her to control the chaos forces in the universe. It wouldn't require a major overhaul of the character.

RE: The Captain Britain and Black Knight rumour.

I. Am. Here. For. It.

As someone who lives in London, it'd be amazing to see some hero action there. It could allow them to expand the universe even more. Using Edinburgh in Avengers 3 could easily be the origin point for the United Kingdom getting involved. Braddock Manor is located in Essex so it's literally right beside the nation's capital. As we all do, I have some fan casts that would be amazing to see on screen.

Namely: Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Brian Braddock (Captain Britain) and Lily Collins as Betsy Braddock. They're only a few years apart in actual age and could easily play twins. He's very "English Gentleman" and what you would expect from Captain Britain. Lily has proven to play fun and serious characters, and it helps that she could easily be a supermodel if it's pre-Psylocke. I know the Eurasian Betsy is more known but if they're rebooting the character, I say just stick with her original appearance. Jamie Bell as Dane Whitman (Black Knight). I know he's traditionally American with English ancestry. Just make him English. Teresa Palmer as Meggan. Yes, she's Australian, but Meggan is a faerie from the Otherworld. Her accent has room for interpretation if it isn't perfect. She just looks ethereal. Max Irons or Jeremy Irvine as Joseph Falsworth (Union Jack). Just mix Joseph Chapman and Brian Falsworth, keep the LGBT aspect and have him rebelling against his aristocratic background. Or, make him a rough-and-ready boy from the streets with lofty aspirations. Max would work better for the former, and Jeremy for the latter. It's be a nice what to finally have a LGBT hero, which isn't an agenda. It's just simple probability, there should have been someone by now.

Each of these characters could easily be drawn together as Excalibur.

RE: The Captain Britain and Black Knight rumour.

I. Am. Here. For. It.

As someone who lives in London, it'd be amazing to see some hero action there. It could allow them to expand the universe even more. Using Edinburgh in Avengers 3 could easily be the origin point for the United Kingdom getting involved. Braddock Manor is located in Essex so it's literally right beside the nation's capital. As we all do, I have some fan casts that would be amazing to see on screen.

Namely: Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Brian Braddock (Captain Britain) and Lily Collins as Betsy Braddock. They're only a few years apart in actual age and could easily play twins. He's very "English Gentleman" and what you would expect from Captain Britain. Lily has proven to play fun and serious characters, and it helps that she could easily be a supermodel if it's pre-Psylocke. I know the Eurasian Betsy is more known but if they're rebooting the character, I say just stick with her original appearance. Jamie Bell as Dane Whitman (Black Knight). I know he's traditionally American with English ancestry. Just make him English. Teresa Palmer as Meggan. Yes, she's Australian, but Meggan is a faerie from the Otherworld. Her accent has room for interpretation if it isn't perfect. She just looks ethereal. Max Irons or Jeremy Irvine as Joseph Falsworth (Union Jack). Just mix Joseph Chapman and Brian Falsworth, keep the LGBT aspect and have him rebelling against his aristocratic background. Or, make him a rough-and-ready boy from the streets with lofty aspirations. Max would work better for the former, and Jeremy for the latter. It's be a nice what to finally have a LGBT hero, which isn't an agenda. It's just simple probability, there should have been someone by now.

Each of these characters could easily be drawn together as Excalibur.
    Yesss to thissss!!!! I don't mind Lily Collins, I'd be interested to see her take on Betsy, but I'm not completely sold on her look wise. I am familiar with her work, so in that regard I accept. Look wise I think Lily James is a good candidate as well, but I've never seen anything Lily James has been in, so I can't speak to her acting prowess.

I would be all over this Captain Britain/Excalibur mini...oh and Jeremy Irvine is a hottie! Union Jack please!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Iger has confirmed Fiege will have control over the Fox Marvel properties

Bob Iger
    "I think it only makes sense. I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels."
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-20-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Yesss to thissss!!!! I don't mind Lily Collins, I'd be interested to see her take on Betsy, but I'm not completely sold on her look wise. I am familiar with her work, so in that regard I accept. Look wise I think Lily James is a good candidate as well, but I've never seen anything Lily James has been in, so I can't speak to her acting prowess.

I would be all over this Captain Britain/Excalibur mini...oh and Jeremy Irvine is a hottie! Union Jack please!
    Lily James could work as Betsy as well. She's the epitome of the English Rose archetype. I've seen her in a few productions and met her after a performance of Romeo and Juliet at the Garrick. I went with Collins because I actually see James as a better fit for Dazzler when the X-Men are finally introduced. Mamma Mia 2 showed she can sing and be very fun and uplifting. However, she also played a rebellious aristpcrat's daughter in Downton Abbey so she's definitely versatile enough for any role. Good call.

Jeremy as rough and ready Union Jack could be epic. He's got the look, sounds a bit proper but he lives in Camden so he's plenty of opportunity to work on the accent. Hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Iger has confirmed Fiege will have control over the Fox Marvel properties
    This is good news. Feige overseeing it all will make assimilation of the franchises easier.

Mighty Member

These 8-9 episode miniseries through the Disney Streaming Service sounds like a good idea to tell stories about lesser known characters:

Shang-Chi: He's appeared in other stuff, so he makes the most sense, especially when dealing with other martial arts based heroes.

Power Pack: Marvel tried to make them a thing with a poor pilot in the 90s, but they're still obscure. With the right cast which you can probably steal from Broadway, you can have a decent series about magic and science.

Future Foundation: As soon as the Fantastic Four situation clears up, we can see them explore new worlds and dimensions. Would be pretty fun in the visuals department.

Not Brand Echh: Marvel has to laugh at itself somehow.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It’s Clobberin’ Time! CM Punk Needs To Play The Thing In The MCU

https://www.cbr.com/cm-punk-fantasti...ing-ben-grimm/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES