Page 322 of 773 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 11585

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This could end up being Marvel's first "rotten" movie on RT.

Very unexpected considering it was made by an Oscar winner.
    Even a great director makes a turd once in a blue moon.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

people ought to be familiar with all the review bombing that takes place on the Internet.
    Go see the film and support, then make your observations.

There's still a pandemic going on, which everyone forgets. We'll just have to see what the box office is.

Eternals is currently at 64% with 90 reviews. If it dips below 60 then it's splat. Audience Reviews aren't in yet.

For comparison:

Joker: 68%
    WW84: 58%
    Interstellar: 72%
    Tenet: 70%
    Ant-Man: 83%

Either way, what matters is how much you enjoyed it. Joker is in the same range yet many people enjoyed it and it even won Oscars. We are getting a sequel to WW84 even though the movie was divisive.

It's better to try something new and fail then stick to a formula and grow stale.

Folks just can't wait to declare that Marvel has bombed, the cinematic universe experiment was a failure and that it's time to pack it all up and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What does this have to do with CGI budgets for a TV show that you responded too though?
    The point I was trying to make was:

-The D+ show have a comparable budget to feature films. That was part of their announcement of these shows and they are spending $$$ on She Hulk. So I don't think budget is the reason why they are changing Kamala's powers.

-Marvel hasn't been afraid of multiple characters having the same ability. Kamala and Reed also use their powers differently so I don't think he's the reason they are changing her powers either.

Extraordinary Member

-The D+ show have a comparable budget to feature films. That was part of their announcement of these shows and they are spending $$$ on She Hulk. So I don't think budget is the reason why they are changing Kamala's powers.
    Plus Kamala will be in the The Marvels (2023) movie with those same powers from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    people ought to be familiar with all the review bombing that takes place on the Internet.
    Go see the film and support, then make your observations.

There's still a pandemic going on, which everyone forgets. We'll just have to see what the box office is.
    This is critics, not audience. So there is no review bombing.

And I find the "go see it anyway and then decide!" at that point it is too late, not like I can get a refund if I get bored lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Audience reviews aren't up yet are they? We're still in "critics only" territory right? Let's see how normal people respond. Never did care much for what critics say.

Everything I'm hearing so far makes it sound like my post from a page or two back was possibly right; it sounds like Eternals is a good movie...but not what critics were expecting from the Marvel brand, and breaking their expectations has resulted in lower ratings.

Or maybe it is just a bad film. Marvel was bound to make one eventually, and if their first major dud is Eternals, well, better that than something like Ms. Marvel or Ironheart.
    Review bombing kinda ruined the audience score stuff for big movies. You can't tell whta is real or not.

Eh, id much rather MM or IH bomb tbh lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The point I was trying to make was:

Yes they have comparable budgets...

but you are comparing 8? hours worth a TV vs 2 hours worth a movie. Even if they have the exact same budgets, it is still being stretched thinner (hehehe)

Let's see how much Hulk we get before we start praising CGI of Shulk
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yes they have comparable budgets...

but you are comparing 8? hours worth a TV vs 2 hours worth a movie. Even if they have the exact same budgets, it is still being stretched thinner (hehehe)

Let's see how much Hulk we get before we start praising CGI of Shulk
    I wouldn't be surprised if her transformations are more sporadic and she's not She-Hulk 100% of the time until the final episode.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if her transformations are more sporadic and she's not She-Hulk 100% of the time until the final episode.
    I guess she would be more 'eased' into the role rather than straight-away Hulked out full time

Extraordinary Member

The she-hulk series will be half episodes and the episodes will be 10.
    She-Hulk is scheduled to be released in 2022, and will consist of ten episodes. It will be part of Phase Four of the MCU.
    Running time 30 minutes

I read these comments below awhile a back comparing a big budget movie to a big budget series for star wars.

You could compare it to the upcoming big budget shows and movies like she hulk and past hulk movies, lord of the rings movies and upcoming series etc.

Sven Jorgenson quote-
    Yup... typical Disney budget for a Star Wars film is $250 million for a 2 hour movie.
    Mandalorian gets $100 million to make 8 episodes (about 5 hours worth of material).
    Yet somehow Mandalorian is so much better than any of the Disney Star Wars movies.

Sven Jorgenson quote-
    @kingofthehills34 - The fact remains that the films cost them about $100 million per hour of run time, whereas the shows cost them about $20 million per hour of run time. And yet the results are at least comparable. In fact most folks would rather watch the Filoni-verse than the Kennedy-verse. Thus far, the ROI for Mandalorian is MUCH higher than any of the movies they've churned out.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-28-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Sven Jorgenson quote-
    Mandalorian had a baby Yoda.

Those films had a black Storm trooper that was hate magnet for every troll known to man. That got a director change for the second one and that new guy PANDERED to the trolls. The third comes out and tries....
    Now you got a franchise that refuses to move forward-and will dig up anything from the past as to NOT offend bitter fanboys.

Eternals is down to 62% with 101 reviews, a new worst for the MCU.

Niffleheim

Godly overpowered characters really don’t translate well. Is this what happened to DC or is there something else going on here?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Eh, id much rather MM or IH bomb tbh lol.
    I haven't read much from the Eternals or Ironheart, but I do have a lot of love for Kamala. But of the three I'd rather Marvel's first bomb not be a solo outing for a young woman of color.

Not that I want any of them to fail. And I'm really feeling the scope and vibe of Eternals so I'm hoping that does well and doesn't scare Marvel away from trying different, deeper narratives.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I haven't read much from the Eternals or Ironheart, but I do have a lot of love for Kamala. But of the three I'd rather Marvel's first bomb not be a solo outing for a young woman of color.

Not that I want any of them to fail. And I'm really feeling the scope and vibe of Eternals so I'm hoping that does well and doesn't scare Marvel away from trying different, deeper narratives.
    I figure Eternals might be suffering critical backlash.

With the Director being who she is and the characters being who they are, I think some critics are going into this expecting avery artsy Ashes Of Time type of film experience with the immortal MCs romancing and betraying each other over the centuries in different time periods and no real big bad at all other than maybe an immortal jealous lover getting violent at most.

The critics that want that kind of film will trash the film when it doesn't provide it even if that's not what the movie was marketed as and these critics know that damn well.

I feel like there are a growing number of critics that are going to critically trash MCU films going forward until they make a Joker or similar artsy type of Super Hero movie.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

yeah this is a D+ wait at this point.
    Audiences in countries (like the Philippines where I live) that are just coming out of theater closures are likely going to watch this in droves regardless. That's over a year of pent-up frustration at missing the movie experience and the local theater association here is heavily promoting a Marvel binge watch with Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Eternals.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES