Page 339 of 775 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 11620

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This might be controversial, but I honestly don't think it's that big a deal if the FF are a very diverse team. They are such a small group (siblings and college friends) that I can honestly believe that they're just a group of four white friends.

With larger teams like the Avengers and X-Men where characters aren't supposed to know each other before joining and come from all around the world I'm much more adamant about the lineup being diverse.
    At the end of the day their characters should matter more than their race in my opinion, because the FF have very established personalities.

Like, I didn't need Johnny to be black but at least Michael B. Jordan had the personality down.

This might be controversial, but I honestly don't think it's that big a deal if the FF are a very diverse team. They are such a small group (siblings and college friends) that I can honestly believe that they're just a group of four white friends.

With larger teams like the Avengers and X-Men where characters aren't supposed to know each other before joining and come from all around the world I'm much more adamant about the lineup being diverse.
    Same. It's not really a big deal to me for the FF

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll take from adaptions and use his multiple Heralds like the Black Order were used and have them all around to fight the heroes instead of just the Silver Surfer.
    I hope to see multiple Heralds, but not as a group. Introduce them one at a time. These guys should be major Avengers level threats all by themselves; getting a group of them together feels kinda lackluster while also being overkill. Especially after the Black Order already did the "inner circle" thing.

I wouldn't be insulted, given the makeup of the group (small, half of them related), but I'd also be fine with variety. Like you, I demand representation in groups like the Avengers, X-Men, or JLA, but the FF is a small family unit and it feels less....dishonest...if they all happen to be the same race (including non-white). But I got no problem with a mixed family unit as long as A) Ben isn't the only PoC and B) the Storms are the same race. Siblings don't *have* to be the same race but it helps visually sell the idea if they are. And I'll be pissed if the only PoC ends up being the guy who spends the movie hiding his race under a pile of rocks. But otherwise? Whatever; cast the best people you can find.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Tbf, Ben isn't related to them and Reed is only related by marriage. So being a family isn't necessarily a good excuse to avoid diversifying. Because otherwise we get another all-White (and mostly male) team, and the MCU already needs more diversity

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Plus Kangs actor is black so if they're going with the descendant route it makes sense that at least either Reed or Sue is black

Astonishing Member

I think Chris Evans should play the Human Torch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Plus Kangs actor is black so if they're going with the descendant route it makes sense that at least either Reed or Sue is black
    Not necessarily....Kang is from so far down the line that a Richards descendant 10, 20 or 50 generations from now can have an interracial relationship/marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not necessarily....Kang is from so far down the line that a Richards descendant 10, 20 or 50 generations from now can have an interracial relationship/marriage.
    And that's assuming they even tie-in Kang to the Richards bloodline.

Extraordinary Member

Kang is like countless generation into the future, our cavemen ancestors probably don't share our exact skin color today.
    Also Kang is from Reed's AU sibling's line if I remember correctly.(Directly tied to his dad but not Reed.)

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. If this was the case. there would be no black people in US

I suspect both Reed and Ben will be POC. I personally have no problem with the Four being white, straight and mostly male, but that's just not how it works these days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that's assuming they even tie-in Kang to the Richards bloodline.
    All this.Don't care if it does but it's not necessary because of Kang

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I suspect both Reed and Ben will be POC. I personally have no problem with the Four being white, straight and mostly male, but that's just not how it works these days.
    I feel like making Ben a POC would almost be a waste since he’ll be orange most of the time. If they do go for it though it wouldn’t bother be none.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think Ben is the last character they would make a POC because of his apperance, internet would eat them alive for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Tbf, Ben isn't related to them and Reed is only related by marriage. So being a family isn't necessarily a good excuse to avoid diversifying. Because otherwise we get another all-White (and mostly male) team, and the MCU already needs more diversity
    It's not *necessarily* a reason for limited/no diversity, no. And I won't be bothered at all if the FF is a varied group. But while I demand proper representation for teams like the Avengers, I don't demand a family unit of four be a accurate cross section of humanity. They can all be black, Hispanic, Asian, white, a diverse group, etc. I don't care as long as Ben isn't the only PoC and the Storm kids look alike. I don't require a diverse cast for them like I do other teams but I wouldn't complain either.

Is Johnny officially bisexual or is that just fan theory? Ben is Jewish. I'd hope that makes it into the story.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.