Page 723 of 775 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Bingo.

To be fair, 90% of the vitriol (taking into account volume and intensity) probably comes from trolls who put too much effort into ragging on these movies (whereas most people probably watch and move on with their lives, or don't bother to watch at all), but to suggest that the trolls have that much influence over us is kind of depressing. Corporations are always doing damage control, and I get that, but it's kind of annoying to watch some media outlet bend to Disney's marketing machine. Kudos to independent reviewers.
    You should had than most of the damage control came from people who blindy follow companies and defend their products for them. Really. It is really funny: if the movie is successful, it is depiste the trolls; If the movie fails, it is because the trolls. Captain Marvel was a economicall success, yay, the trolls had been defeated; The Marvels is a failure: Oh no, democracy is in danger because the trolls talked ill of the movie. But little is talk of the merits or deficiencies of the movies.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You should had than most of the damage control came from people who blindy follow companies and defend their products for them. Really. It is really funny: if the movie is successful, it is depiste the trolls; If the movie fails, it is because the trolls. Captain Marvel was a economicall success, yay, the trolls had been defeated; The Marvels is a failure: Oh no, democracy is in danger because the trolls talked ill of the movie. But little is talk of the merits or deficiencies of the movies.
    Yeah, it's like people think word-of-mouth via trolls is more important than... marketing.

Thankful for this today…

Deadpool 3 Resumes Filming After Strike Delay
    https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-3-filming-resumes/

This film is gonna save the MCU. Believe it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Yeah Deadpool should still do fine, by today's standards if not the standards of a couple years ago.

Speaking of which, it seems disingenuous to compare the box office of Captain Marvel and Black Panther to their sequels. Those first two films hit during the height of the MCU, when everything was riding high. They were the first female and PoC led films from the Studio. The sequels have none of those advantages and everything since the pandemic has been an uphill battle, Marvel's reputation has taken some hits.....anyone who expected Wakanda Forever or The Marvels to match the billion+ box office of the first films was setting themselves up for disappointment. A billion is not, and has never ever been, the baseline for success.

None of which excuses The Marvels' low box office, it's still looking real awful even without comparing it to the first one. But I agree with whoever said that it'll likely do great on D+. I dunno about the general audience but I've skipped a whole lot of movies the last few years simply because I'm happy to wait for streaming.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Young Avengers should be a show instead of a movie. Because if it was a movie, I think it would flop hard at the Box Office.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Agatha featurette, with some exclusive behind the scenes footage from the upcoming show:

https://twitter.com/scarletwitchupd/...25198959124924

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    The Young Avengers should be a show instead of a movie. Because if it was a movie, I think it would flop hard at the Box Office.
    If they make it a sequel to The Marvels with Ms. Marvel as the lead? Yeah, likely. But I think The Marvels' performance in the box office has probably taught them a lesson about how they should promote the Young Avengers (or whatever name they wanna use), if they want to make it a movie. They just need to be smart and tie the franchise more closely to the flagship Avengers franchise. Endgame did wonders for the success of the first Captain Marvel movie, after all. They need to bring back the feeling that you need to see those new heroes if you want the full Avengers experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Agatha featurette, with some exclusive behind the scenes footage from the upcoming show:

If they make it a sequel to The Marvels with Ms. Marvel as the lead? Yeah, likely. But I think The Marvels' performance in the box office has probably taught them a lesson about how they should promote the Young Avengers (or whatever name they wanna use), if they want to make it a movie. They just need to be smart and tie the franchise more closely to the flagship Avengers franchise. Endgame did wonders for the success of the first Captain Marvel movie, after all. They need to bring back the feeling that you need to see those new heroes if you want the full Avengers experience.
    Go with Avengers Reassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Agree with this. Unless they make it a smaller budget film.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

A cool present for all the buyers of the WandaVision physical release. Already love that Witches' Road tease
    "This is me being reasonable"

Agatha with the witch chic .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah Deadpool should still do fine, by today's standards if not the standards of a couple years ago.

Speaking of which, it seems disingenuous to compare the box office of Captain Marvel and Black Panther to their sequels. Those first two films hit during the height of the MCU, when everything was riding high. They were the first female and PoC led films from the Studio. The sequels have none of those advantages and everything since the pandemic has been an uphill battle, Marvel's reputation has taken some hits.....anyone who expected Wakanda Forever or The Marvels to match the billion+ box office of the first films was setting themselves up for disappointment. A billion is not, and has never ever been, the baseline for success.

None of which excuses The Marvels' low box office, it's still looking real awful even without comparing it to the first one. But I agree with whoever said that it'll likely do great on D+. I dunno about the general audience but I've skipped a whole lot of movies the last few years simply because I'm happy to wait for streaming.
    At least Wakanda Forever was a damn solid sequel (and one of the better MCU films lately) despite the loss of Boseman. Leticia Wright isn't as magnetic a lead, but she was surrounded by a great cast that kept it together.

I do admit to feeling some superhero movie fatigue lately, but I still generally go and support this stuff because I have a lifelong love of these characters and I like going to the movies anyway.

On a somewhat related note, it really sucks that two of the MCU's most charismatic and interesting new actors/characters (Huerta as Namor and Majors as Kang) have these real life scandals. They'll both be hard to replace and I'll be really bummed if we just don't see Namor or Kang again.

I saw a fan casting that replaced Kang with an older “Kang Prime” variant played by Denzel Washington. I’ve enjoyed Majors’ take on the character, but if they have to move past him because his day in court does not go well for him, this is the way to go IMO. Talk about giving the character some gravitas.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I saw a fan casting that replaced Kang with an older “Kang Prime” variant played by Denzel Washington. I’ve enjoyed Majors’ take on the character, but if they have to move past him because his day in court does not go well for him, this is the way to go IMO. Talk about giving the character some gravitas.
    holy shit, having Denzel as Kang would bring me back to the theaters 100%

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I could live with that. I imagine Kang will just be recast because he's an integral character to their current plans and he's easy to recast by virtue of the fact that he's a multitude of variants. It's unfortunate because I really loved Majors in that role, but I don't see them wanting the controversy right now.

Namor is harder to say. Huerta gave such a great performance and was really memorable, plus they could easily just ignore the character going forward. If they do recast, they've got to get an actor who can bring it as much as that guy did. .

There are solutions there, but it's just unfortunate that they bring in these two really good actors playing this dynamic characters and of course those are the two actors who end up with serious trouble in real life. With all the trouble they're having currently in the MCU, that's the last thing they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    At least Wakanda Forever was a damn solid sequel (and one of the better MCU films lately) despite the loss of Boseman. Leticia Wright isn't as magnetic a lead, but she was surrounded by a great cast that kept it together.

I do admit to feeling some superhero movie fatigue lately, but I still generally go and support this stuff because I have a lifelong love of these characters and I like going to the movies anyway.

On a somewhat related note, it really sucks that two of the MCU's most charismatic and interesting new actors/characters (Huerta as Namor and Majors as Kang) have these real life scandals. They'll both be hard to replace and I'll be really bummed if we just don't see Namor or Kang again.
    I agree with this. Though my enthusiasm is waning somewhat, I'm still a fan and I love seeing these characters on the screen. Heck, all the movies that have been made post-pandemic are still enjoyable to me. I could understand the criticisms against Eternals, Mouth of Madness, Thor 3, and Ant-Man 3. They are not my absolute favorites, but I still came out of the theater entertained. Honestly, I'm really confused with all the hate towards Ant-Man 3. That was really fun for me.

As for Huerta and Majors, yeah that sucks. I mean it really sucks. Majors' performance in Ant-Man 3 made me look forward to Kang everything in the MCU. Here was an actor who was positioned to be the lynchpin of the next phase and really bring Kang to prominence. And then we hear of violence and abuse. Just really sucks.

Ultimately, I felt that the powers that be behind the MCU had good planning. But a pandemic and actor issues messed up the best of plans.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."