Page 475 of 775 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 11611

If you ask me, trying to top IW and EG so early on would be a bad idea. I'm glad they're going smaller and building up individual characters while trying to adapt story arcs like Secret Invasion and Thunderbolts which I'm way more interested in than Secret Wars. If the stars align and Secret Wars seem possible they should go for it. Otherwise, they shouldn't expect lightning to strike twice in the same spot.

Story arcs I'm way more interested in seeing adapted than Secret Wars:

-Acts of Vengeance

-Dr Doom Triumph and Torment

-Kree/Skrull War

-Avengers Forever

-Kang Dynasty

-Annihilation

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Between deaging technology, improvements in CGI (to the point where actors don't even have to be on set or suit up) and adding AI to the mix, I'm sure they could pull something off. Even right now, we are debating the ethics of 'resurrecting' actors using AI and whether a whole film should be made with dead actors. Even with technology that exists today they could create an entirely AI character complete with voice and body language that could pass as human and interact with human character.
    I mean Star Wars: Rogue with Grand Moff Tarkin and young Leia comes pretty close to what you are saying.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Rise of skywalker
    Audience
    86%
    4.3 out of 5 average rating
    4 stars out 5.
    The cinemascore is b+ however so it's the least enjoyable starwars movie.
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi CinemaScore is an A but it's audience rt score was review bombed.

Most of the audiences like Episode 9.
    The ones that did not are a loud minority on the internet.
    Most of the audiences like eternals and doctor strange too and they were given high average ratings(looking at the RT SCORES) but they are some of least enjoyable mcu movies so far looking at the cinemascores like thor 1 because they are in B'S.
    Most of the audience THAT WENT

it made nearly 300 million less than TLJ. As the ending of a trilogy of a huge franchise.

So either TLJ made it so that many people went "im not going" (that was me btw lol) or the word of mouth beat it down.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I mean Star Wars: Rogue with Grand Moff Tarkin and young Leia comes pretty close to what you are saying.
    Yeah, I think they got permissions to use Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher's likeness for Rogue One.

I was thinking of that company that created a commercial with Audrey Hepburn's (?) likeness and tried to make an entire movie using a dead actor's likeness (James Dean I think).

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

So far Dr Strange has been at his best in crossovers. His solo stuff has been lacking.
    And written more in-character to boot.
    Between deaging technology, improvements in CGI (to the point where actors don't even have to be on set or suit up) and adding AI to the mix, I'm sure they could pull something off. Even right now, we are debating the ethics of 'resurrecting' actors using AI and whether a whole film should be made with dead actors. Even with technology that exists today they could create an entirely AI character complete with voice and body language that could pass as human and interact with human character.
    I don't know if this is unsettling or cool...maybe both.
    If you ask me, trying to top IW and EG so early on would be a bad idea. I'm glad they're going smaller and building up individual characters while trying to adapt story arcs like Secret Invasion and Thunderbolts which I'm way more interested in than Secret Wars. If the stars align and Secret Wars seem possible they should go for it. Otherwise, they shouldn't expect lightning to strike twice in the same spot.
    Well, "smaller" feels more appropriate for the Disney+ side than the films side at least because it feels like they still feel the need for having to top other films by making them as "big" as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Most of the audience THAT WENT

it made nearly 300 million less than TLJ. As the ending of a trilogy of a huge franchise.

So either TLJ made it so that many people went "im not going" (that was me btw lol) or the word of mouth beat it down.
    I love it when people equate box office to how good a movie is.
    Lets not forget, Big Momma House 2 was the #1 movie one week.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I love it when people equate box office to how good a movie is.
    Lets not forget, Big Momma House 2 was the #1 movie one week.
    I never said that
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

I don't doubt that they could, but wouldn't it still be costly to pay the actors for permission to use and de-age them in the movies? For example when the SW movie comes out, if the MCU uses the current crop of super-heroes and then pays former actors to return the budget could possibly end up more than Endgame.

I don't understand why people would want to de-age and resurrect Marvel/Star Wars characters using technology so they could appear in more future projects. That's the BIGGEST reason why the LIVE-ACTION stuff is superior to the source material in my opinion. In the comic books and cartoons, the characters DON'T age and it feels like they're in suspended animation to me. Aging is perfectly natural and it makes these characters much more alive. I think it's great we can have definite ENDINGS to the characters in the MCU. From what I understand, part of the reason why TGM is so successful is because the characters went through stuff, grew old, and had to adapt to the changing world around them. Doing this digital resurrecting and de-aging stuff will make the MCU look and feel like a "comic book world", and that would be incredibly lame in my view. It's okay to let go of characters and it's okay to let stories end.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-28-2022 at 01:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is someone talking about phase 4 today.
    It's from Cosmic Culture.

We Have A BIG PROBLEM... Marvel Studios Future Discussion

This is one I've been thinking about for a while and I wanted to share my thoughts in an internet sea of ideas as to how I think The MCU is handling its newest phase. Enjoy and share you thoughts below!

Here is some more views from others below.
    acolytesounds quote-
    I think one of the big issues people may be facing is that the first phases focused on characters that people have already known for entire generations (Cap, Thor, Hulk, etc.) and when they finally debuted on screen people were happy to see them represented and integrated in such a way that blew the film industry away. Unfortunately real actors aren't ageless/immortalized like they can be in comics. All you do is reboot them with a new artist.. The MCU has the difficult challenge of bringing in all these lesser known newer* heroes and bringing them together in a similar way but since they are more unknown (Eternals, ShangChi, Kamala, etc.) it's harder to sell them and do them rral justice without a long slow buildup. And people just can't wait for that since they haven't been tried and tested over time like the core Avengers (or XMen) have. So as you mentioned, people really should be more patient and let Marvel work its magic. Have faith in the process. It's all going to come together so have fun on the journey.
    ______________-
    Cody Odom quote-
    I'm still super stoked to see all of the upcoming marvel projects and to see where they're going. Also, I would hope that they wouldn't release and Avengers movie for at least 2 years, because if they did, it would most definitely be rushed and would probably be...not so good.
    I believe that seeing all the heroes become the heroes they are meant to become before they go and save the world in a huge team up like Infinity War or Endgame. There needs to be a build ul before a massive project in order for it to actually work properly. Rushing into things only makes it messy and confusing.
    _________
    Madison Aiello quote-
    I agree! People need to be more patient. I have fun just enjoying the new stuff that marvel is coming out with. And I’m totally okay if marvel takes their time building up to the next HUGE movie. I love that they’re doing so many different genres and diversifying their heroes. It will make that next movie even more fun and exciting.
    _______
    quote-
    I feel like I'm the only one that still has faith in the MCU.

Cosmic Culture quote-
    Me too!

Dark Gaming quote-
    Same.

Jerome Valeska quote-
    @landofthelost Shang-Chi, No Way Home, Loki, everyone’s raving about Thor: Love and Thunder. What are you talking about my man?

Thedude38356 quote-
    I still have faith, and am excited for the future projects of the MCU.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-29-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here is someone talking about phase 4 today.
    It's from Cosmic Culture.

We Have A BIG PROBLEM... Marvel Studios Future Discussion

This is one I've been thinking about for a while and I wanted to share my thoughts in an internet sea of ideas as to how I think The MCU is handling its newest phase. Enjoy and share you thoughts below!

Here is some more views from other below.
    Looking forward to Love & Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I don't understand why people would want to de-age and resurrect Marvel/Star Wars characters using technology so they could appear in more future projects.
    Generally speaking, I'm with you. I have no problem with characters in the MCU evolving, growing, aging, and eventually walking off stage via either death or retirement. The films aren't the comics and we should embrace the fact that they have endings, rather than a perpetual "now." It's different from the source material but that's a feature, not a flaw.

But the de-aging and cgi technology, as scary as it is for real-world concerns, does open the door for opportunities I'd like to see.

Marvel has done a lot of flashbacks with characters like Hank Pym, and I think it's great that we can see more of Hank's life in these small moments. The technology is good for stuff like that. We don't need to keep Steve Rogers alive and active forever by using a cgi Chris Evans, but we *can* get a scene in a X-Men film where a freshly super-soldiered Steve meets Wolverine during World War II. We can get a scene of Janet Van Dyne saving lives as the first Wasp in the 80's. Or we can get a "flash forward" and see Old Lady Kamala in the future (not that we couldn't do that with practical effects and makeup.....).

With Star Wars, I think the biggest push for using this technology comes from the missed opportunities. We never got to see Luke Skywalker in his prime, and Mark Hamill is decades too old for that now. Re-casting is a dubious choice. But thanks to the de-aging technology, we can see Mark play a young Luke and be the badass we always imagined he'd grow into. And that takes some of the sting out of the sequel trilogy, which kind of crapped all over the original cast. Helps balance the scales a little bit to see young, cgi Luke kick all kinds of droid ass after watching him become a cranky old hermit in TLJ.

I wish this tech didn't exist, because deepfakes are almost certainly going to be a real problem in the real world at some point in the near-ish future. But for entertainment? It's a new tool in the tool box, and it can be used to great effect when it's applied properly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Not sure how I feel about them trying to graft Mayan culture onto Namor and Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not sure how I feel about them trying to graft Mayan culture onto Namor and Atlantis.
    It's a completely cynical move in an attempt to present as more "diverse". This is a case of literal cultural appropriation.