Page 712 of 775 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 11617
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm a big fan of Scarlet Witch, America Chavez, Wanda's kids, *and* Dr. Strange, and MoM was super-disappointing for me. It's like they decided to boil bacon, and ruin something that's supposed to be delicious.

Oh, but Xavier and Richards and Monica Rambeau and Captain Carter and Black Bolt were in it! Psyche. Not really. Just boring variants of them. And not for long...
    The movie is literally called Multiverse of Madness and the plot is about Dr Strange going through the multiverse, obviously those characters weren't going to be the main versions of them, that was never how the expectation for them.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-15-2023 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    The movie is literally called Multiverse of Madness and the plot is about Dr Strange going through the multiverse, obviously those characters weren't going to be the main versions of them, that was never how the expectation for them.
    Still felt like a bit of a waste of some of them.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-15-2023 at 03:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I really hope they don’t rush out and waste Doom if they plan on him replacing Kang in Secret Wars. Doom honestly should have been the threat from the start with some gradual masterpiece leading up to him being a god in Secret Wars but since he’s not been introduced yet rushing him into FF and then straight to Secret Wars sounds too hasty, especially if he’s immediately off the board afterwards like Thanos. Doom really needs his own show for his origin story to be told right (though I suspect that Marvel will fall to fears of current Eastern Europe events and erode his Latverian origins once more).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still felt like a bit of a waste of some of them.
    It's really not, they're AU versions, so that's not the last place we'll ever see those characters.
    We already know Marvel Studios is working on Fantastic Four and X-Men movies so that's clearly not the last we'll see of Xavier and Reed, we know Captain Carter from What If is ok and gonna be in season 2 so the version of the character people actually care about is still fine and making appearances.
    spoilers:

We saw another version of Maria Rambeau in the Marvels in the X-Men universe Monica got trapped in so we're definitely seeing her again likely with another version of Xavier.
    end of spoilers
    The character who's status is questionable is Black Bolt, but the fact they even acknowledged the Inhumans at all despite how horribly received the show was says they're averse to using those characters.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-15-2023 at 03:18 PM.

Ok, so the trailer for Madame Web dropped, and here is yet another all-female superhero film that, simply because of being that, will probably get undeserved, totally forced, unreasonably hatred from the usual suspects. Looks quite decent to me, but we'll see.
    I am personally exhausted by how negative and toxic and just plain unhappy comic book fandom is most of the time. They never are content or satisfied with any CBM these days, and if said CBM stars more than one woman (Birds of Prey, The Marvels), forget about it. The claws come out...

BANNED

I mean if this will receive hate for anything it won't be the female cast, it'll be the fact it's another Sony attempt to create a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I mean if this will receive hate for anything it won't be the female cast, it'll be the fact it's another Sony attempt to create a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man.
    and it looks like a CW show, god effects look so bad for movies nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Ok, so the trailer for Madame Web dropped, and here is yet another all-female superhero film that, simply because of being that, will probably get undeserved, totally forced, unreasonably hatred from the usual suspects. Looks quite decent to me, but we'll see.
    I am personally exhausted by how negative and toxic and just plain unhappy comic book fandom is most of the time. They never are content or satisfied with any CBM these days, and if said CBM stars more than one woman (Birds of Prey, The Marvels), forget about it. The claws come out...
    I have to agree. It's getting depressing. Today someone was complaining that the writer of Supergirl's movie is a woman. Like wtf.
    I'm personally losing all hope for us as a society when the smallest bit of inclusion gets this amount of vitriol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have to agree. It's getting depressing. Today someone was complaining that the writer of Supergirl's movie is a woman. Like wtf.
    I'm personally losing all hope for us as a society when the smallest bit of inclusion gets this amount of vitriol.
    Exactly.

A large number of young men are experiencing "radicalized stupidity" and lash out at things without any critical thought. I saw a thread on reddit where a guy complained that Alan Wake had a "Black female character" in it and he refused to buy the game. In his mind, black female automatically equals woke or whatever buzzword is popular.

Imagine complaining about a female character being written by a woman. It shows how bad things are getting that people aren't afraid to articulate that sort of bizarre logic.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The writer of Supergirl is a newbie who have written two short films. How do you give such an important project to a unproven newbie?

This is another example of what I meant. Comic book fans are always doing this kind of reductive, sound-bite-mentality type of "reasoning"; Sony is not trying to make "a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man." That's a fanboy troll line if I ever saw one. They are making spin-off films based on the lore of the most successful character THEY OWN. They are a business, trying to make money off of one of THEIR characters, and there is nothing wrong with that, since they are not doing what you claim they are. The trailer is not called "Spider-Man"; it's called "Madame Web." When did comic book fans become so bitter and so unhappy with everything? I am not saying that was have to gleefully rave about every CBM we watch, but damn...nowadays even trailers generate so many bad takes that it has become the norm. Comic book fandom is truly a fandom of discontent.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    The writer of Supergirl is a newbie who have written two short films. How do you give such an important project to a unproven newbie?
    Past DC scriptwriters were proven and they still shat the bed, being an unproven anything in superhero genre is no longer a point of criticism unless you're pushing an agenda.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

I would add they are over-complicating it with too many characters. Why not just do a solo Spider-Woman story with Jess?? A lot of great early stories to adapt. And is it being tied to the MCU like Spider-Man? Or is it it's own thing??
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Like the Russo Brothers?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Past DC scriptwriters were proven and they still shat the bed, being an unproven anything in superhero genre is no longer a point of criticism unless you're pushing an agenda.
    So you will take a noob surgeon or pilot over an experienced one because experienced people have made mistakes? Marvel phase 4 and 5 problem is because of writers who have no experience with films but writing Rick and Morty.