Page 628 of 761 FirstFirst ... 128528578618624625626627628629630631632638678728 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 11410
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think Josh Brolin would be a better comparison. He was actually arrested for domestic violence, and then a decade later cast as Thanos. That never was an issue during his time at Marvel, even among fans I rarely see anyone bringing it up. I guess you could argue the older nature of the case and the fact that it happened during a time when social media wasn't big definitely made it easier for things to just be swept under the rug, a privilege that Majors doesn't have right now.
    dang I had NO idea, it is a much better comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    How is that all Alonso's fault? She's not the one that decided Marvel needed to put out a ton of movies and shows to bolster the debut of Disney+. She's not the one who changed things at the last minute and demanded changes -- that's the directors and decisions made by Feige and the whole studio. She was in charge of VFX before, for all those Marvel movies people keep citing as the 'good old days.'
    She may not(and I can't vouch for this) be the one to decide what movies are getting made, but she's the person in charge of scheduling work. And it DOES fall on her to decide WHO gets that work. Also as the person managing the VFX work... it is very much on her if she lets stuff get changed like that. So yeah it is poor management.

But I still think she's getting scapegoated. I think she's getting fired as a PR stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    people do care, people cared when the film first came out.
    So...No. I am sorry but your wrong. Send me all the stupid links you want. I will still prove you wrong. The ones that cared go deep into research on why they cared. Oh those same people ya the majority of them are white people. Now im not gonna get into that on this thread but that is a straight fact. The film came out how long ago and people like you are still trying to push these ideas that are false.

I am white. 90% of my friends and family and my girlfriend are black. Should I send you what they think? They will laugh at everything you have said or stated then show you real facts.

RDJ would be booed today if Iron Man came out? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha.

I love your posts usually man but this and a few post ones in this thread i highly disagree with.

This Jonathan Majors stuff hit me and most of us pretty hard last evening. I am pray it is all not true. I love the man, or I at least thought I did. He has pure real talent and could do some really cool stuff with Kang and so far I love what he has done. Then this hits and its like...why? Just why?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    So...No. I am sorry but your wrong. Send me all the stupid links you want. I will still prove you wrong. The ones that cared go deep into research on why they cared. Oh those same people ya the majority of them are white people. Now im not gonna get into that on this thread but that is a straight fact. The film came out how long ago and people like you are still trying to push these ideas that are false.

I am white. 90% of my friends and family and my girlfriend are black. Should I send you what they think? They will laugh at everything you have said or stated then show you real facts.

RDJ would be booed today if Iron Man came out? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha.

I love your posts usually man but this and a few post ones in this thread i highly disagree with.

This Jonathan Majors stuff hit me and most of us pretty hard last evening. I am pray it is all not true. I love the man, or I at least thought I did. He has pure real talent and could do some really cool stuff with Kang and so far I love what he has done. Then this hits and its like...why? Just why?
    I'm not arguing if people "caring" is right or wrong I am simply stating that people do/did care

I'm saying he wouldn't even be cast in the first place let alone be booed

Disney literally fired Gunn over tweets, anything that besmirches their reputation as "wholesome" they tend to jettison.

Also don't forget that RDJ was cast prior to the Disney buy out, and I truly believe that Disney would never had cast if if they had the choice.

Also Also Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'm not arguing if people "caring" is right or wrong I am simply stating that people do/did care

I'm saying he wouldn't even be cast in the first place let alone be booed

Disney literally fired Gunn over tweets, anything that besmirches their reputation as "wholesome" they tend to jettison.

Also don't forget that RDJ was cast prior to the Disney buy out, and I truly believe that Disney would never had cast if if they had the choice.

Also Also Thanks
    Ok and again I'm sorry to tell you...your wrong. People do/did care? Where are they? I see none here saying what you are stating or backing you up.

I do think right now if RDJ was to be cast in Iron Man 1 today there would be no issue. He was drinking and doing drugs and stealing from family. He hurt no one but himself. Thank the lord back in 2008 he was Iron Man and paved the way for the MCU. If it would have been Cruise or what they wanted it may have been utter failure.

Gunn...see that's always brought up. Wait, did he do a GOTG Special? Did he not write and direct GOTG 3 which is coming out? Where is Gunn now?

You can state all these things my friend but I will back everything I say with facts. I am sorry but I am one of those people. I work in a busy emergency room. I am the guy that finds the facts and why and how and this and that.

Look into articles and posts about Tropic Thunder in the last 5 years and see who is writing these things. Research who these people are and it will becoming very interesting.

Here is 1 big fact: Why in 2023 are people still talking about Tropic Thunder? I will answer. Because it was a very funny movie. The ones that get upset about the movie and RDJ (I am not saying you are one of those people) they just are always the ones that find the negative in everything (like most Americans today).
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    By that metric I care more about the VFX artists who have to make said CGI...
    I'm under the impression that the majority of these "over worked" complaints stem from the pandemic, shutdown, etc., and the backlog of projects it created. Without doubt these guys have been overworked the last couple years while they try to catch up on stuff, but who hasn't been? But did you ever hear much in the way of these complaints before covid? I didn't. Maybe it's always been this way and Alonso was a whip-cracking tyrant, but it also seems to me that a lot of folks don't want to acknowledge the problems we're still dealing with from covid and the backlog of work that a lot of firms are still trying to work through.

As for Majors....it's a shame either way. If he's guilty it's a shame he's such a douchebag. If he's innocent, it's a shame he was wrongfully accused. Hopefully the truth will come out quickly, punishment will be swift if it's necessary at all, and everyone can move on.

Does Marvel still make actors sign behavior contracts?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ok and again I'm sorry to tell you...your wrong. People do/did care? Where are they? I see none here saying what you are stating or backing you up.

I do think right now if RDJ was to be cast in Iron Man 1 today there would be no issue. He was drinking and doing drugs and stealing from family. He hurt no one but himself. Thank the lord back in 2008 he was Iron Man and paved the way for the MCU. If it would have been Cruise or what they wanted it may have been utter failure.

Gunn...see that's always brought up. Wait, did he do a GOTG Special? Did he not write and direct GOTG 3 which is coming out? Where is Gunn now?

You can state all these things my friend but I will back everything I say with facts. I am sorry but I am one of those people. I work in a busy emergency room. I am the guy that finds the facts and why and how and this and that.

Look into articles and posts about Tropic Thunder in the last 5 years and see who is writing these things. Research who these people are and it will becoming very interesting.

Here is 1 big fact: Why in 2023 are people still talking about Tropic Thunder? I will answer. Because it was a very funny movie. The ones that get upset about the movie and RDJ (I am not saying you are one of those people) they just are always the ones that find the negative in everything (like most Americans today).
    I think we may be talking past each other

all I am saying is that people do care about RDJ's blackface

you're saying no one cares about RDJ's blackface

then you say read the articles about people that do care care about RDJ's blackface

so you're agreeing with me?

all I am saying is that RDJ's black is NOT a non issue as people may make it out to be - that's it

I did not say "No one cares". Where did I state that?

I stated look into articles that have been written about Tropic Thunder in the last 5 years or blogs or whatever you want to call them. Look at the person who wrote or stated anything. Then follow their trail.

I also stated if people do care...like you have stated...can someone please speak up here or back this guy up? Ill be waiting.

Ultimate Member

I did not say "No one cares". Where did I state that?

I stated look into articles that have been written about Tropic Thunder in the last 5 years or blogs or whatever you want to call them. Look at the person who wrote or stated anything. Then follow their trail.

I also stated if people do care...like you have stated...can someone please speak up here or back this guy up? Ill be waiting.
    I remember complaints and outrage at the time. I never watched Tropic Thunder, nor read any reviews, but there were clickbait articles about it at the time. Since I wasn't terribly interested in the movie, or the controversy, or any of RDJrs movies outside of Marvel (His Sherlock Holmes movies didn't really impress me, and I skipped the one with talking animals completely), I didn't click the bait. But it existed.

Then again, there are very few actors who haven't said or done *something* that has spawned 'outrage' clickbait. I was a huge fan of Man from Uncle reboot, and now that Armand Hammer has bravely come out as the celebrity spokesman for vore fetishists, I don't really want to see that again...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm under the impression that the majority of these "over worked" complaints stem from the pandemic, shutdown, etc., and the backlog of projects it created. Without doubt these guys have been overworked the last couple years while they try to catch up on stuff, but who hasn't been? But did you ever hear much in the way of these complaints before covid? I didn't. Maybe it's always been this way and Alonso was a whip-cracking tyrant, but it also seems to me that a lot of folks don't want to acknowledge the problems we're still dealing with from covid and the backlog of work that a lot of firms are still trying to work through.

As for Majors....it's a shame either way. If he's guilty it's a shame he's such a douchebag. If he's innocent, it's a shame he was wrongfully accused. Hopefully the truth will come out quickly, punishment will be swift if it's necessary at all, and everyone can move on.

Does Marvel still make actors sign behavior contracts?
    I usually see the huge amount of content Disney has coming out in the pipeline for all their projects being the major factor for why. I've never really seen COVID getting brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I remember complaints and outrage at the time. I never watched Tropic Thunder, nor read any reviews, but there were clickbait articles about it at the time. Since I wasn't terribly interested in the movie, or the controversy, or any of RDJrs movies outside of Marvel (His Sherlock Holmes movies didn't really impress me, and I skipped the one with talking animals completely), I didn't click the bait. But it existed.

Then again, there are very few actors who haven't said or done *something* that has spawned 'outrage' clickbait. I was a huge fan of Man from Uncle reboot, and now that Armand Hammer has bravely come out as the celebrity spokesman for vore fetishists, I don't really want to see that again...
    Oh yes at the time there was sure a bunch of click bait or stuff on websites for whoever to read. It still happens today.

Do you or anyone else walk into a movie theater, go to work, out with friends, anything...ever hear "Oh that RDJ and Tropic Thunder are awful and bad and yuck"?. I have never heard that and a good amount of my friends live in and around CA ( I lived there for 5 years) and work for whoever and no one ever says any of that. Not then not now.

I have met RDJ twice. He was very nice, very kind and he was smiling and I smiled.

If RDJ today were to choke a woman out, hurt a female, attack a man or human being I would be the first one on here saying "F#ck Him!!!"

Astonishing Member

Honestly? This makes the most sense. There are people over Alonso as well as stockholders and they always want as much money as quickly as possible (and given the slowdown the film industry and the direction the economy in general took these past few years, they probably want it even quicker than they did before seeing as they think they probably have some catching up to do). That's just the US economic system. With the exception of her working for a competitor, it seems as if she was simply doing her job the way they wanted her to do it, which goes long before this current MCU phase.

As for Majors....it's a shame either way.
    The guy's ridiculously talented and getting so much attn at the moment. He was ridiculously good in Creed 3.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-26-2023 at 11:54 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

If majors is guilty the mcu could have a back up plan and change their plans for multiverse saga and not use kang or don't have a multiverse sage at all and do something else.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-26-2023 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    If majors is guilty the mcu could have a back up plan and change their plans for multiverse saga and not use kang or don't have a multiverse sage at all and do something else.
    Or just have another guy play all the Kang variants which...isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Although to be honest I was expecting Doom to hijack the plot in Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Sheesh ya forgot about Man from Uncle. Probably one of the most underrated spy flicks ever. If not one of the most underrated movies ever.