Page 698 of 775 FirstFirst ... 198598648688694695696697698699700701702708748 ... LastLast
Results 10,456 to 10,470 of 11619
    Extraordinary Member

A witch put a curse on the franchise after the anti-witchism of Doctor Strange 2, it's the only explanation.

(Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy were exempt from the curse because... uh... I dunno, Wakanda has curse-proof tech and James Gunn no longer counts as part of the franchise. Yeah. Yeah.)

To Vordan

Lol you are over-dramatic here, it's their first Real bomb, nobody care about the trades, DC would have already sold with their various bomb (3 just this year), I think Flash it was worst because it was sold like the best movie every, I don't know how and why you see Cap4 will underperform, that a continuity of a well liked character not too linked to a TV show (unlike the Marvels).

Okay you wait just superman legacy so you are a DC fanboy, honestly I fail to see a Logic in your arguments when you say a reboot is easy for DC and not for Marvel, good Luck with the fiasco with Gunn/Cavill, I mean most Snyder fans are ready to boycott, Marvel will probably make a reboot but in TV shows for Disney plus, Theaters are dying and I don't see them try again this format, that an option that Marvel have with Disney plus like for Star Wars, sadly DC can't create a cinematic universe in streaming because HBO or max is not build for that
    Last edited by Bolo; 11-08-2023 at 05:38 PM.

THE MARVELS Now Looks Set For One Of The Lowest Box Office Openings In MCU History
    https://comicbookmovie.com/captain-m...7697#gs.060f5x

But, in more positive news, it looks like the strike is over: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...ms-1235607563/
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    THE MARVELS Now Looks Set For One Of The Lowest Box Office Openings In MCU History
    https://comicbookmovie.com/captain-m...7697#gs.060f5x

But, in more positive news, it looks like the strike is over: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...ms-1235607563/
    Too little too late for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I feel really bad for Brie, Iman and Teyonah. And I HATE to see the Captain Marvel franchise end on such a sour note. The MCU cosmic stuff was one of my favorites. But I don't think Feige and his team will be the only ones feeling a bit embarrassed over box office underperformances. There is a HUGE chance WB and Sony superhero films like Aquaman 2, Kraven and Madame Web could bomb too. So it's not just a Disney/Marvel thing.
    On the plus side even the most critical reviews have praised Iman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    To Vordan

Lol you are over-dramatic here, it's their first Real bomb, nobody care about the trades, DC would have already sold with their various bomb (3 just this year), I think Flash it was worst because it was sold like the best movie every, I don't know how and why you see Cap4 will underperform, that a continuity of a well liked character not too linked to a TV show (unlike the Marvels).

Okay you wait just superman legacy so you are a DC fanboy, honestly I fail to see a Logic in your arguments when you say a reboot is easy for DC and not for Marvel, good Luck with the fiasco with Gunn/Cavill, I mean most Snyder fans are ready to boycott, Marvel will probably make a reboot but in TV shows for Disney plus, Theaters are dying and I don't see them try again this format, that an option that Marvel have with Disney plus like for Star Wars, sadly DC can't create a cinematic universe in streaming because HBO or max is not build for that
    The idea that people view Cavill the same way they view RDJ is insane, Cavill has starred in nothing but flops whereas RDJ carried the MCU on his back. The Snyder fanboys also screamed that nobody could replace Affleck as Batman and tried to boycott The Batman - that didn’t affect its box office returns at all. DC has totally **** the bed this past year (and really ever since BvS) and that they need to do a reboot says it all. They face a very tough uphill battle to turn things around. What’s different now is that Marvel is also struggling whereas before they had a rep for being invincible. Both Iger and Feige have indicated that they are going to pump the brakes on Marvel content, meaning even they think there’s been mistakes. Ant-Man 3 flopped, the Marvels is going to bomb, and I doubt Cap 4 is going to do great at the box office either given they’ve stuffed it full of Hulk stuff.

They can turn things around but the next two years are going to be tough.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-08-2023 at 08:08 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The idea that people view Cavill the same way they view RDJ is insane, Cavill has starred in nothing but flops whereas RDJ carried the MCU on his back. The Snyder fanboys also screamed that nobody could replace Affleck as Batman and tried to boycott The Batman - that didnÂ’t affect its box office returns at all. DC has totally **** the bed this past year (and really ever since BvS) and that they need to do a reboot says it all. They face a very tough uphill battle to turn things around. WhatÂ’s different now is that Marvel is also struggling whereas before they had a rep for being invincible. Both Iger and Feige have indicated that they are going to pump the brakes on Marvel content, meaning even they think thereÂ’s been mistakes. Ant-Man 3 flopped, the Marvels is going to bomb, and I doubt Cap 4 is going to do great at the box office either given theyÂ’ve stuffed it full of Hulk stuff.

They can turn things around but the next two years are going to be tough.
    It's not about if RDJ have the same popularity or not than Cavill, but the condition of their respective departure, RDJ have gone after to have his conclusion, DC have lied about Cavill return in Black Adam to cheat Snyder fans and peoples in general, it was way after The Batman, they has the illusion that there would have 2 batmans because of the rumors with Flash and Aquaman 2, the boycott was not in full force for The Batman, look the box office for DC after that, that catastrophic, that the same peoples who have called to boycott everything with Brie or who have helped to fire James Gunn, it's not just the Snyder fans, it's a good portion of general audiences who have been influenced, peoples who are against everything"woke" etc...

Gunn don't have helped his case, it's not a full reboot but more a soft one (with lot the same actors), he is not clear if Gadot or not will comeback, he have more or less lied about Affleck involvement in the DCU, it's too unstable to create something great, also don't forget that the Suicide Squad have been a huge bomb, badly noted in cinemascore and that Peacemaker have mediocre audience (according to Samba, way below Ms Marvel). About the appeal of boycott, honestly I find the Snyder fans very efficience, the Marvels bomb is a huge part of their works since many years, the first movie have made more of billion, The Batman sequel could fall as well (specially with the "woke" Selina), I was sure that Flash would have been a success with Keaton return, supergirl, Affleck, all the praise etc...

For Marvel, well one bomb don't change all their success, yes Quantumania have bad legs (but Civil Wars too), but the movie was still profitable (150 millions budget), domestically he have made the same amount that the 2nd movie, despite to be post-covid, with Disney plus etc...the movie have been hurt internationally, but in Europe theaters are near dead, so that relativize the "bad" box office, for Marvels for me that multiples factors, the movie is a direct sequel of Ms Marvel (more than Captain Marvel), the less popular show, most audience have no clue who are the two others girls with Carol and what are the bangles, there are also the call of boycott for various peoples (including incels, DC fans etc...), the fact he will available soon in Disney plus play a role too.

I think Captain America 4 will be successful because that a return the basics, army, super soldiers, Hulk like you say yourself, and I fail to see why various Hulks could hurt the box office, specially with Harrison Ford, the reddit or BOT forum mantra is really dumb about the dead of this movie or the MCU in general because of the Marvels (?), that just based of their hate for Marvel (they avoid in general to talk their recent success in theaters and streaming, but also the bad shape that the theaters are in general), they have announced the dead of the MCU multiples times, that the same critics today than before (I don't see where you have seen that they have the rep to be invincible).

For me RDJ is not a problem because of his age, everybody know that he couldn't continue, and a reboot will be probably for a tv show, it's like to compare Reeves with Dean Caine, both are good Superman in different medium, also we don't know if this reboot will focus on Iron Man.
    Last edited by Bolo; 11-09-2023 at 07:11 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude it’s trending towards being a Flash tier bomb. The trades have started to criticize Marvel more and this will only fuel that fire. It’s not going to be pretty in the board room, and Feige will be under scrutiny for a while. Especially since Cap 4 is probably also going to be an underperformer.

I’m concerned that the general public is done with superheroes. I’m only interested in Superman Legacy, but if superhero movies keep tanking then we may soon see the end of everything except Batman and Spider-Man. Back to the pre-MCU status quo in other words. DC is doing a hard reboot which might make reignite interest, but Marvel is in a much tougher position. The characters they were positioning to take over from the old guard are struggling to keep interest afloat. Yet since their old cast was popular, a reboot might also turn people away because people refuse to accept a new Tony that isn’t RDJ for example. Feige runs the risk of poisoning the general public against superheroes in general with so much mediocre/bad content. That’s why I’m keeping an eye on how sales are for Marvel.

I’ll probably go see Spider-Man 4 and F4 if they’re good though. Hopefully between the strikes and the flops Feige is going to restructure their process to recover.
    I can see Disney pivoting to exclusively male-led movies (allegedly Spidey, Strange, and Ant-man will be the main leads) after Marvels, and laying on memberberries and lazy fanservice at cringe-inducing levels. They seem to put much more care into certain characters more than others.

Johannson, Olsen, and Larson all seem to have got screwed over, getting the short straws, which is odd given the chuds keep harping on about "M She U".
    Last edited by Relugus; 11-09-2023 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Added points

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I can see Disney pivoting to exclusively male-led movies (allegedly Spidey, Strange, and Ant-man will be the main leads) after Marvels, and laying on memberberries and lazy fanservice at cringe-inducing levels. They seem to put much more care into certain characters more than others.

Johannson, Olsen, and Larson all seem to have got screwed over, getting the short straws, which is odd given the chuds keep harping on about "M She U".
    I think that would be a mistake. There are a lot of great female characters. They just need to be handled well.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

Do you even the slightest bit of evidence to back this up or are you just saying things to say them?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh for ****'s sake. I already stated I thought Thorne did the best she could with her character. I just didn't like her introduction, okay? Maybe she'll be awesome in the Ironheart series. I certainly hope so. And I liked Ross in the first BP, I just thought the Freeman was bored playing him in the second one. I liked Elaine in Seinfeld, but I'm just not feeling her in these Marvel movies. Just my opinion. Louis-Dreyfus's a good actress though. I actually don't have an issue with the actors/actresses in the franchise. I don't mind movies/shows dealing with heavy subject matter at all. I just want a couple of hours of fun escapism on a weekend when I watch a superhero flick. And BP 2 was not that for me.

I never said Loki was dogshit. I just merely stated that it is surprising to me that the audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes dropped into the mid-70s following Episode 5 (which I thought was pretty well-received). It's just a theory on my part, but I think maybe the hardcore nerd/geek MCU fanbase really likes this new Loki season, but average television viewers might not be as enthusiastic about it. Just speculation on my part.

The stuff we're talking about is just entertainment to me. I liked some of Phase 4, but didn't care for most of it. I'm sticking around because I still wanna see Banner and Rhodey star in some good movies/shows featuring them. Hopefully it will happen someday. But I'm sorry dude, but debating you has REALLY become a chore. I hope you don't take this personally, but you have a weirdly pedantic yet childish way of arguing. Totally devoid of humor. And extremely repetitive and defensive. It's become VERY tedious to keep engaging with you. I hate to say this but debating you is actually even MORE boring for me than for me to actually watch the Eternals, BP 2 and Ant-Man 3 again. So I think it's time we call a truce and move on. I won't comment on your posts ever again if you dislike my opinions that much. The other posters on this thread are far more entertaining to talk to (even the ones who disagree with me). I am happy that the MCU is still entertaining you and I hope they continue to do so (I mean that quite sincerely).
    So in orderr you still can't a reason what the supposed issue with Iron Heart is other than she'll be future, still can't give any reason why Ross and Valentina parts were supposedly bad other than "He's bored because I said so", more of you talking about Loki a show you know nothing about and admittance that you can't watch things that tackle serious subject matters.

I don't know about you but none of this was a debate because you refused to make any sort of argument for the things you wanted to say and claim, you just said something was bad refused to give a coherent reason and acted like that was an argument in of itself.

Ryan says deadpool 3 will get summer release with strike over. Sounds like it may switch with cap 4 and get caps spot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...3_still_has_a/

DP3 seems to be that W that they really need to turn things around. I don't see it in the cards for Cap 4.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    DP3 seems to be that W that they really need to turn things around. I don't see it in the cards for Cap 4.
    The only Captain America I've gone to the cinema to watch was Civil War and the reason had nothing to do with the titular character lol! Marvel will have to do a lot knowing their audience.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The only Captain America I've gone to the cinema to watch was Civil War and the reason had nothing to do with the titular character lol! Marvel will have to do a lot knowing their audience.
    Ha! I saw TFA and Civil War in the theaters (I can't recall why I skipped TWS), but aside from Liv Tyler nothing is compelling me to an Anthony Mackie led Captain America movie. But DP3? I'll be there opening night with bells on.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Agreed. That's why they wanted to fast track DP3 and get it out before Cap 4, to get the MCU back on track and create more excitement for it. Hopefully they can still hit that date and don't have to switch because after The Marvels' box office performance I'm worried about Cap 4. Reviews and viewership for Falcon & Winter Soldier weren't great, so fans might sit this one out too. If DP3 comes first and fires people up about the MCU again, that might change the calculus.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”