Page 456 of 761 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 11410
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I don't think people will be happy with Namor's new movie origin

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I don't think people will be happy with Namor's new movie origin
    Let me guess. It has something to do with explaining why the Atlanteans are Hispanic?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I mean the events of WV directly lead to MoM. Before WV she was woman plagued with tragedy and with powers she didn't quite understood herself. At the end of WV she finds out she is a being of myth who can actively doing something about the tragedies that befell her life. Most people just have to accept the cards they have been dealt while Wanda found out she has more agency in it.

Even her theme as she transforms into the Scarlet Witch is not one of a shining hero. It actually has some darker/villainous elements in it too. In case it wasn't clear enough.
    And even when granted great power, the tiny brain of a whaman cannot think of anything but kidnap others' kids. Greeeeaaat!
    If anything this movie just screams "whamen cannot handle great power" tenfold.
    Heck, Wanda is not even the cool type of villain who revel in her own power, she is the stereotypical Karen type, heck, they even bleached her hair even more lol.
    Why can't she have some fun villain ambitions? Something more grandiose? How about her believing exisitng itself is a tragedy? Like anything actually Lovecraftian?

Nooooooo, she is insta-evil by an insta-evil book. And her motivation is muh babies which doesn't even line up with WV despite what some might want to claim.
    Above all, she is fucking boring in MoM. The only interesting part is her power showcase(which again is not exactly diverse, she just hits harder.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let me guess. It has something to do with explaining why the Atlanteans are Hispanic?
    Are they trying to avoid being compared to Aquaman or something?
    I always think the best way to distinguish Marvel's Atlantis from DC's is to introduce Atlantis and Lemuria as a package deal, also make Atlanteans/Lemurians more alien and inhuman aesthetics wise. Especially Lemurians, they can straight up make them more akin to Lovecraftian deep ones.(Yeah, yeah, Aquaman kinda did that as well with the Trench, but Marvel can pull a "Civilized Cultists" spin on them, yes, they worshipped the ancient Serpent God Set, but they are mostly just going on about their business and such.)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

yup, queue the millions of tweets, youtube vids, and think pieces that say "SJW's have run amok" and "go woke go broke" bullshit

Extraordinary Member

Well, I am more disappointed with the fact another fictional civilization got scrapped to some extent.
    They kinda did that with the Deviants by reducing them to pretty much mindless monsters.
    As for Atlanteans, they could still retain some of their more unique features I guess, I always see Marvel's Atlantis/Lemuria as something more occult than DC's version, making them directly tied with real world culture may cause the creators to hold back on the weirdness factor.
    Namor's own ethnicity can be whatever since that just depends on his human dad.

unpopular opinion but having the first movie be about a "secret advanced country in africa" and then having the second movie be about "secret advanced country in south america" is just... boring.

But this movie died when Chadwick did so whatever.

Namor fans will forget all about the origin when Namor gets his ass kicked by two tech nerds.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

MCU producers who think they know better than the comic book creators from over 50 years ago, who made these characters lasting in the first place, never cease to amaze me with their arrogance.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    MCU producers who think they know better than the comic book creators from over 50 years ago, who made these characters lasting in the first place, never cease to amaze me with their arrogance.
    I mean, considering the MCU has now replaced Marvel Comics as the de-facto Marvel Universe I think those producers have every leg to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I mean, considering the MCU has now replaced Marvel Comics as the de-facto Marvel Universe I think those producers have every leg to stand on.
    I don't think that's what they are doing. They seem to be stating that is the main universe of the MCU. Comics have it's own main universe.

It's probably more like 616-A and 616-B. The MCU is still pulling from the main universe in comics but creating their own thing. So it likely is still an alt multiverse within the omniverse.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The MCU is the most successful movie franchise in the history of the world. So they are doing something that people like. Even if the hardcore comics fans don't like many of the things they do.

That's true for every translation from book to screen. People usually do prefer the books.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Atlanteans haven't always been Hispanic?
    I always figured that the blue skin was some kind of racists coloring thing.
    Native Americas are red skinned.
    Asians are yellow skinned.
    Hispanic are blue skinned.

Was I wrong all this time?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Atlanteans haven't always been Hispanic?
    I always figured that the blue skin was some kind of racists coloring thing.
    Native Americas are red skinned.
    Asians are yellow skinned.
    Hispanic are blue skinned.

Was I wrong all this time?
    Could it be that they are ocean-themed Marine life forms? It's more like a rule of generic fantasy writing than anything else.
    Also Atlanteans are a fictional civilization more akin to Inhumans, Eternals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    unpopular opinion but having the first movie be about a "secret advanced country in africa" and then having the second movie be about "secret advanced country in south america" is just... boring.

But this movie died when Chadwick did so whatever.

Namor fans will forget all about the origin when Namor gets his ass kicked by two tech nerds.
    I just really hope it’s not “let’s pit the two secret advanced POC Nations against each other.”