Page 552 of 777 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 11651
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, does this mean they're not going to do anymore 6-9 episode series? The headline makes it seem like that.
    No, the headline is misleading. The article just claims they're planning to do some projects as standalone specials, not that they're going to change them all to that.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I am old, I ain't got time to waste on a slow burn.
    ... how is a one hour mini movie a slow burn vs 6 tv episodes?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, my confidence in Feige isn't what it used to be...
    Which is fair. I myself don't find phase 4 any worse than phase 3, and in a lot of ways I think it's an improvement. There's been some misses and some creative choices I really hate, but on the whole? I'm still entertained. Of course, I keep my expectations with the MCU relatively low; this isn't The Godfather or Citizen Kane yknow? But I can't blame anyone for feeling like the MCU has been missing more than hitting lately, Infinity War-Endgame raised expectations like crazy, and Marvel hasn't stepped up their "regular phase" game to match.

I agree the supporting cast was strong, but it feels to me that it's saying they were so strong that you don't need T'Challa/the actual main character anymore which I feel detracts from the overall Black Panther image and franchise.
    And if this movie was pushing Boseman to the side to highlight those supporting cast members I'd be right there with you. But the situation is different; nobody is getting pushed aside, the cast is stepping up to fill Boseman's space with him gone, and if we can consider anything about this sad ordeal to be "lucky" then we're "lucky" that the supporting cast is capable of picking up the franchise. Gods forbid the idea, but if Downy or some other leading actor had died partway through their contracts I doubt their supporting casts could've kept going.

Of course, if Marvel had recast this wouldn't be a problem, but.....here we are. And I do maintain that they should have, I think it'd have been a better choice from a narrative standpoint and I think it'd have done a better job of honoring Boseman, continuing the story he began. But that's besides the point now.

I've already seen critiques from fans of the first movie that Coogler spent so much time showing how awesome and capable the supporting cast (and villain) were that it undercut T'Challa's character (particularly making Shuri much smarter).
    I think Coogler could have done a better job of showcasing T'Challa, agreed, but I don't think the supporting cast getting attention was the reason for that.

The movies never really give the impression that Shuri was trained the same way T'Challa was or had the natural inclination to be BP, let alone queen, and while there is a possible story in building her up to that...the fact that her initial character wasn't designed or depicted that way makes it feel like a bit of an uphill battle to portray.
    Yeah I'm totally assuming (with no evidence) Shuri got some of the same training T'Challa did, but it feels like a safe assumption to make given the way most royal families seem to handle this sorta thing and the way Wakanda's willing to transition authority via combat. And yes, it'll be an uphill battle to get Shuri leveled up. Everything about this movie and franchise is gonna be an uphill battle now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically the equivalent of one-shots?

I agree not everything needs a 6-8 episode show.
    I'm cool with it. I like the idea of these one-shot specials. Hell, I'm looking forward to those more than most other things, squeezing a complete tale into one hour is a totally different kind of narrative than a 2 hour movie or a 6 hour show and I'm curious to see how Marvel approaches it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-04-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ok Daredevil fans, we have a clip of him and She-Hulk facing off!

'She-Hulk' Sneak Peek: Watch Daredevil and She-Hulk Fight It Out! (Exclusive)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I can't wait for this! Been waiting for some action to happen in this!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... how is a one hour mini movie a slow burn vs 6 tv episodes?
    I think he meant everything cant be a big screen movie and if marvel(and dc is another example) only did movies there is a less of chance you will get new heroes faster,so streaming/tv(shows,1 hour type specials,maybe streaming movies for marvel once in awhile) is another way to get new stories faster and new heroes quicker who are not as known etc.. since there is many in the comics.
    Same with star wars.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-05-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

... is that... is that acrobatic DD?

That Disney money already improving his movements.

And as much as I like dark brooding DD... some Waid-like levity is appreciated.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

No spoilers but I kinda loved the Daredevil appearance. Don’t think I would want his own show to have this tone, but it worked for me here.

I've been enjoying She-Hulk a lot so far but this was definitely the best episode yet. The chemistry between Maslany and Cox really worked, and it was nice to see DD get to be lighthearted for a change. Sad there's only one episode left! Jen has become one of my favorite MCU adaptations.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I've been enjoying She-Hulk a lot so far but this was definitely the best episode yet. The chemistry between Maslany and Cox really worked, and it was nice to see DD get to be lighthearted for a change. Sad there's only one episode left! Jen has become one of my favorite MCU adaptations.
    100% I can't believe they had DD do the walk of shame. So good and I feel like the cgi on this ep was way better. I am so excited to see these two in a future Avengers movie

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Is this the first time spoilers:
    Jen and Matt have ever gotten together in any media? Given their 'anything with a pulse' attitudes in the comics and their professional connection its a wonder if it didnt happen before
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

She-hulk is now in the top ten again for original shows with episode 3 and made it to number 6.
    Week of August 29 - September 4, 2022
    https://www.nielsen.com/top-ten/

Daredevil states that the Sokovia Accords have been repealed. Captain America won the Civil War.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Daredevil states that the Sokovia Accords have been repealed. Captain America won the Civil War.
    And Tony (together with BW) died saving the universe from Thanos. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)