Page 737 of 775 FirstFirst ... 237637687727733734735736737738739740741747 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,055 of 11619
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Something about Yuen that says he can't play "menacing and scary"? I haven't seen much of his work. MCU has done well casting against "type" before - Chris Evans as Captain America was a helluva shocker.

Oddly enough, now it has been suggested that MCU may have found its new KANG from the "Walking Dead" as well.
    A skinny dude who has never played anyone menacing ever?

I would rather have Yahya Abdul-Mateen play Sentry, he plays anger well as seen in Black Manta

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    A skinny dude who has never played anyone menacing ever?

I would rather have Yahya Abdul-Mateen play Sentry, he plays anger well as seen in Black Manta
    And now he's Wonder Man .

Actually, I could see Yeun as Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And now he's Wonder Man .

Actually, I could see Yeun as Simon.
    Ohh snap I totally forgot that show was a thing.

You're totally right swap them

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think he would be a better fit for other roles so I'm not too worked up.

I still question using Sentry for the Thunderbolts movie.

He's wayyyy too old for Cho.
    If an asian guy can represent a blonde hero, a 40 year old guy can representa 20 something year old guy in the movies.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sentry needs a crazy wandavision like disney plus mini series with the mysteries and twists in reality from the comics not him cannon fodder to some street level heroes.
    I don't sure Disney is willing to do more new series like Wandavision this year, oultside theones already in production.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Most definitely in Strange's case. Carter, at least, has the excuse of never getting over Steve in the first place and outside forces keep throwing him in her path, as opposed to Strange whose refusal to move on is entirely internal (and at odds with his arc from last season). And I absolutely want to see Carter's story in season 3. I don't want her to showcase as much as she did here, but she's been the poster child for What If since it began and I wanna see the arc resolve. But I just need, like, one Carter-focused episode to wrap up her story and then perhaps some kind of epilogue/involvement in the finale, if they do another 'assemble' thing.
    Strange never really got over Christine either. In fact, that is what lend to his world being destroyed. He only helped fight Ultron because he was a threat to the multiverse, not because he changed his mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Hope the Sentry thread is happy they got what they wanted now he's gone...
    Eh, I wasn't thrilled, just because I feel like the Sentry had such a distinct visual with his huge physical stature and flowing blond hair and it just felt like more of the MCU slapping a character's name on a movie character that's nothing like them. I'm not even generally against race-swaps (loved Huerta as Namor and always loved Ultimate Fury), but it just felt like a bad fit all around. But I was glad that I was getting ANY version of Robert Reynolds in a movie.

I'm more upset that the comics are now committed to leaving Bob in the grave and creating a new Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    eh, i wasn't thrilled, just because i feel like the sentry had such a distinct visual with his huge physical stature and flowing blond hair and it just felt like more of the mcu slapping a character's name on a movie character that's nothing like them. I'm not even generally against race-swaps (loved huerta as namor and always loved ultimate fury), but it just felt like a bad fit all around. But i was glad that i was getting any version of robert reynolds in a movie.

i'm more upset that the comics are now committed to leaving bob in the grave and creating a new sentry.
    corporate synergy for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Strange never really got over Christine either. In fact, that is what lend to his world being destroyed. He only helped fight Ultron because he was a threat to the multiverse, not because he changed his mind.
    But I think he kind of realized how badly he screwed up by nature of the world being destroyed.

Granted I had enough of fixating on Strange's relationship with Christine in MoM. I'm glad the comics aren't downplaying Clea any more.

The amount of writing off actors because they aren’t the perfect visual representation of a character in here is strange. Actors are called actors for a reason. To ACT. As Bryan Cranston said when he got fan cast as Alex Luthor or Jim Gordon. But instead of a bald head, they said “blond hair who is buff”.
    I think it was, like, lazy casting. There should be a, like, 'lazycasting.com.' And I was like ‘what is it?’ Because I had a bald head, they go ‘Ah! Lex Luthor!’ It’s like, come on. Let’s think about this a little bit.”

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The amount of writing off actors because they aren’t the perfect visual representation of a character in here is strange. Actors are called actors for a reason. To ACT. As Bryan Cranston said when he got fan cast as Alex Luthor or Jim Gordon. But instead of a bald head, they said “blond hair who is buff”.
    then why have actors put on costumes or make up at all? let them strictly "act" and let audiences imagine it

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    then why have actors put on costumes or make up at all? let them strictly "act" and let audiences imagine it
    You are missing the point. You can build a character and create something with makeup, wigs, costumes - but going to the tall, blond, white male actor and saying "This is The Sentry" is a bit of a lazy way in casting. Especially when it never has anything to do with their acting skills - something fancasting often forgets to account for.

You are missing the point. You can build a character and create something with makeup, wigs, costumes - but going to the tall, blond, white male actor and saying "This is The Sentry" is a bit of a lazy way in casting. Especially when it never has anything to do with their acting skills - something fancasting often forgets to account for.
    Some only care about the look and to them any white guy is Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Some only care about the look and to them any white guy is Sentry.
    Just like any white guy is Superman, now y'all are pulling at straws.

Be real I promise no one is gonna get mad at you if you admit a character should look like the character.