Page 739 of 775 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743749 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    A skinny dude who has never played anyone menacing ever?
    Just because an actor hasn't been featured in such a role that is widely known, doesn't mean its not outside of their capabilities (I will continue to point to Chris Evans going from Johnny Storm in FF to Captain America in EVERYTHING as the shining example of this and add James McAvoy in SPLIT as a more pertinent example). Yuen must have shown tptb something that made him fit the Sentry they wanted beyond being a blind diversity hire. The latter part is important - the Sentry they wanted. Removing Yuen from the role doesn't mean that whatever they have in mind will be scrapped leading to a lifted right from the page version of the Sentry character.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

People keep obsessing with having some muscle bound giant dude be 'the Sentry' and forget all about the fact that the actor must also be Bob Reynolds who is definitely not some muscle bound giant dude.

Symbolic of everything wrong with the treatment of the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    People keep obsessing with having some muscle bound giant dude be 'the Sentry' and forget all about the fact that the actor must also be Bob Reynolds who is definitely not some muscle bound giant dude.

Symbolic of everything wrong with the treatment of the character.
    I think it's because we likely won't be getting as much of him in his smaller civilian form. It's like saying they should be looking for a small guy to play Captain America because he has to play pre-serum Steve Rogers, too.

They're going to have to have to either have two different actors or CGI the actor to make him either bigger or smaller either way and I imagine it's easier to CGI him smaller for the scenes where he's just Bob, since I imagine there's not going to be much focus on the Robert Reynolds side in a Thunderbolts movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The amount of writing off actors because they aren’t the perfect visual representation of a character in here is strange. Actors are called actors for a reason. To ACT. As Bryan Cranston said when he got fan cast as Alex Luthor or Jim Gordon. But instead of a bald head, they said “blond hair who is buff”.
    If the MCU actually earned the trust that they were going to portray the character faithfully and do a good job, you might have a point. But it's not like the MCU is known for really caring about the source material or anyone giving a good performance at this point.

The Luthor thing isn't really the same because it's pretty easy to shave an actor's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I think it's because we likely won't be getting as much of him in his smaller civilian form. It's like saying they should be looking for a small guy to play Captain America because he has to play pre-serum Steve Rogers, too.

They're going to have to have to either have two different actors or CGI the actor to make him either bigger or smaller either way and I imagine it's easier to CGI him smaller for the scenes where he's just Bob, since I imagine there's not going to be much focus on the Robert Reynolds side in a Thunderbolts movie.
    I mean, it's pretty easy to make someone look bigger on camera than they are. Tom Cruise is 5'7" for pete's sake. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Just because an actor hasn't been featured in such a role that is widely known, doesn't mean its not outside of their capabilities (I will continue to point to Chris Evans going from Johnny Storm in FF to Captain America in EVERYTHING as the shining example of this and add James McAvoy in SPLIT as a more pertinent example). Yuen must have shown tptb something that made him fit the Sentry they wanted beyond being a blind diversity hire. The latter part is important - the Sentry they wanted. Removing Yuen from the role doesn't mean that whatever they have in mind will be scrapped leading to a lifted right from the page version of the Sentry character.

He looks like a pretty boy anime character. I don't mean that as a bad thing.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He looks like a pretty boy anime character. I don't mean that as a bad thing.
    Yeah no, this looks horrible

there's so much copium being huffed it's mind boggling.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 01-06-2024 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The Luthor thing isn't really the same because it's pretty easy to shave an actor's head.
    It is though. Fans jump to the first person who has a bald head who is doing well in something and go "LEX LUTHOR!". Like they did with Bryan Cranston. The same goes for any female character. Let's get the bustiest, sexiest women and cast them - but none of them have ever acted (and they can't act). It says more about how fans view female characters...

Extraordinary Member

Just watched season 2 of What If...? And come on...just give Peggy and Steve their happily ever after already.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just watched season 2 of What If...? And come on...just give Peggy and Steve their happily ever after already.
    They already did in Endgame.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They already did in Endgame.
    I am talking Captain Carter and her Steve.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, it's pretty easy to make someone look bigger on camera than they are. Tom Cruise is 5'7" for pete's sake. :P
    It's a little more than that, though. It's changing their entire body and musculature. It's not just making him look tall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It is though. Fans jump to the first person who has a bald head who is doing well in something and go "LEX LUTHOR!". Like they did with Bryan Cranston. The same goes for any female character. Let's get the bustiest, sexiest women and cast them - but none of them have ever acted (and they can't act). It says more about how fans view female characters...
    Yeah, and the Luthor casting suggestions like that were stupid, because you don't really need a bald actor to play Luthor, since you can make literally any actor bald. I think with Sentry, it's reasonable to want somebody who can at least convincingly dye their hair blond and has a decent size to them since those are key visual elements of the character.

Just give me a good Sharon Carter .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am talking Captain Carter and her Steve.
    Well the last Steve wasn't hers. Her Steve is basically gone.