Page 450 of 775 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 11615

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The more reason to stop. Giving them money and increasing their SEO with the mentions does just that. Why is it bad to stop supporting a company that is doing things you don't agree with, or to suggest it? You can come back once they start treating her the way you think she should be treated.
    One of the reasons I haven't gone back to the theaters is because of what htey decided to do with T'challa.

If you spend money on a product, you are supporting it. No matter how much complaining you do online.

I'm really excited about Thor 4 though so idk if I can' not go for that one. Although I said the same wiht MoM so.. who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You forgot money! Them movie tickets and Disney+ subscription aint cheap!
    lol im' still on the same "three year" plan I bought when it came out... house money lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    One of the reasons I haven't gone back to the theaters is because of what htey decided to do with T'challa.

If you spend money on a product, you are supporting it. No matter how much complaining you do online.

I'm really excited about Thor 4 though so idk if I can' not go for that one. Although I said the same wiht MoM so.. who knows

lol im' still on the same "three year" plan I bought when it came out... house money lol
    100%. I've stopped buying Marvel comics and subscriptions for how they treated characters I liked. Disney made their decision with how they're going about certain characters, and they aren't going to change it anytime soon.

I expect people to come to these forums to vent. No one has told anyone otherwise. Plus, that's literally the only thing some people do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The big ensemble Avengers movies are always the most stylistically bland though. Wanda wouldn't have gotten to do half of the cool stuff she gets to do in this movie.
    I wouldn't call Infinity War or EG stylistically bland. Especially when Strange's best fight scenes are in IW. It really comes down to who is directing it.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about Mordo's sub plot?

Great actor. Weaksauce character motivation.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really care about Mordo's sub plot?

Great actor. Weaksauce character motivation.
    It is kind of hard to care about something they just threw away and never developed though.

We got one or two lines on his motivation then they acted like he didn't exist.

If you only gave Wanda two lines for her motivation of, "I miss my kids I made up out of thin air with my husband i made up out of thin air and now im uber sad"... its kinda weak too.

And yeah... wasting him as an actor is rough though

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The problem with Mordo is that honestly he is just not that big of a big threat. He is zealous but that's pretty much it. Which makes him more of a nuisance. He can continue picking on weaker no-name magic users but the thought of him being a match against the cream of the crop is ridiculous. Pre-WV Wanda already soloed Thanos so what's Mordo gonna do there?
    Strange isn't a novice either anymore and has spent years training his craft.

To see more of Mordo they will actually have to find a way to make into a believable threat at this point in time.
    I would assume in terms of skill and actual experience Mordo and Strange are about even (give or take Mordo was there before Strange and might not have been blipped like Stephen was).
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is kind of hard to care about something they just threw away and never developed though.

We got one or two lines on his motivation then they acted like he didn't exist.

If you only gave Wanda two lines for her motivation of, "I miss my kids I made up out of thin air with my husband i made up out of thin air and now im uber sad"... its kinda weak too.

And yeah... wasting him as an actor is rough though
    Yeah, I was really eager to see what they do with him and continue his story, and have him fight Strange, and then...they just use a Variant and don't even show him.

He's one of the best actors out there. Marvel are just so good at wasting talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    He's one of the best actors out there. Marvel are just so good at wasting talent.
    And usually for the villains.

It's why I don't have high expectations for Bale's Gorr in Love and Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Bale is such a method actor he's probably out there right now killing gods. And it will all have been for nothing.

I thought Tony Leung was brilliant in Shang-Chi. I had never seen him act before and he made that movie better in SO many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I thought Tony Leung was brilliant in Shang-Chi. I had never seen him act before and he made that movie better in SO many ways.
    Not a fan of Hong Kong cinema? Leung is good to great in everything he's in. I think I first saw him in Hardboiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Not a fan of Hong Kong cinema? Leung is good to great in everything he's in. I think I first saw him in Hardboiled.
    I'm not familiar with Hong Kong cinema at ALL! So you'll have to pardon my ignorance. My brother, who is a HUGE film buff (and despises the MCU), told me that Tony Leung is a VERY big deal in Asia. And he also thought Leung was wasting his time and talent on doing "capeshit". LOL! I'll have to look up Hardboiled. Thank you for the recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wenwu was definitely handled pretty well and Tony Leung was a big part of that.

Wenwu was definitely handled pretty well and Tony Leung was a big part of that.
    I really liked Shang-Chi (it's my clear favorite Marvel Phase Four movie), and a large part of the reasons for that are Tony Leung and Ben Kingsley. That film would NOT have been as good without them being there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-18-2022 at 08:44 AM.

There is too much going on in that movie for there to be any chance Gorr is a "great" villain.

I bet he is a force of nature of sorts (although we already saw that with Hela so....) but... there simply isn't time to make him great.

It is unfortunate too... I feel the Gorr arc in the comics was very cinematic as is and very "succinct." The 11 issues didn't really waste any time. It would have been a great two part movie as is. Oh well.