Page 753 of 777 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 11654
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That must have been a rough 8 years.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just glad the Johnny actor isn't that much older than Tom Holland.
    Is this because the potential for them to be buddies? While I think it would be neat, I don't necessarily think it would be necessary. I mean, both Black Widow and DD got along just fine in the MCU without ever actually being a couple like they were in the 616.

Just feels kind of weird to make them throwbacks when they'll have to be re-integrated into the present-day MCU stuff anyways and they've already done similar stuff with Steve and Carol.

But I'm someone who thinks their core concept and dynamic is timeless.
    Unfortunately, sales generally don't reflect that. That said, the '60s angle generally works in re to most pop culture properties (Mad Men, in particular). And since I'm so enamored with the period, myself, I'm crossing my fingers that this is true.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Is this because the potential for them to be buddies? While I think it would be neat, I don't necessarily think it would be necessary. I mean, both Black Widow and DD got along just fine in the MCU without ever actually being a couple like they were in the 616.
    Johnny is Peter's best Superhero Friend, if they're active and in the same universe (and not separated by streaming services) why wouldn't you pair them together? Hollands' Peter could use it.
    Unfortunately, sales generally don't reflect that. That said, the '60s angle generally works in re to most pop culture properties (Mad Men, in particular). And since I'm so enamored with the period, myself, I'm crossing my fingers that this is true.
    The current set in the modern day FF run is pretty solid .

To be fair, the first X-Men movie doesn't take place in 2000. It takes place in the "not too distance future" according to the film.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 02-17-2024 at 04:05 AM.

To be fair, the first X-Men movie doesn't take place in 2000. It takes place in the "not too distance future" according to the film.
    It took place in the not too distant future. The sequels took place in the present, so I guess by "not too distant future" they meant ... next week?

Extraordinary Member

Johnny is Peter's best Superhero Friend, if they're active and in the same universe (and not separated by streaming services) why wouldn't you pair them together? Hollands' Peter could use it.
    Same reason Natasha and Matt were never paired off - it's not the same universe and their individual stories didn't necessitate it.

Now I'm not saying I don't want it to happen. I'm just saying it's hardly a necessity.

The current set in the modern day FF run is pretty solid .
    I haven't been reading it, but I believe you. The book just hasn't seemed to draw in the kind of numbers other, more popular books have since I think the '80s or so, unfortunately.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Same reason Natasha and Matt were never paired off - it's not the same universe and their individual stories didn't necessitate it.

Now I'm not saying I don't want it to happen. I'm just saying it's hardly a necessity.
    But it's a totally different situation especially when the characters are liable to appear in the same stuff together and Peter and Johnny's relationship has Lee/Ditko cred.

It's not a "necessity" but neither was giving Peter a Miles Morales supporting character for a best friend. At least Johnny is a Peter thing and something that's been a significant part of both characters.
    I haven't been reading it, but I believe you. The book just hasn't seemed to draw in the kind of numbers other, more popular books have since I think the '80s or so, unfortunately.
    You just need to go big and go for the heart with the FF .

Extraordinary Member

But it's a totally different situation especially when the characters are liable to appear in the same stuff together and Peter and Johnny's relationship has Lee/Ditko cred.
    Even if they do appear in the same stuff together, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will have any sort of interaction. General Ross and Hulk have appeared in at least three movies together and have had exactly zero interaction and no one really seemed to bat an eye.

It's not a "necessity" but neither was giving Peter a Miles Morales supporting character for a best friend. At least Johnny is a Peter thing and something that's been a significant part of both characters.
    Pete's best friend in the MCU was Ned.

Even if they do appear in the same stuff together, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will have any sort of interaction. General Ross and Hulk have appeared in at least three movies together and have had exactly zero interaction and no one really seemed to bat an eye.
    I've seen a lot of people point out how weird that was. Like they were trying to avoid Ruffalo dealing with anything Norton related.
    Pete's best friend in the MCU was Ned.
    I think you mean Ganke .

Were they ever in the same room together? I can't remember. Even if they were, they ain't exactly buddies lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Were they ever in the same room together? I can't remember. Even if they were, they ain't exactly buddies lol.
    They were at Tony's funeral.

BANNED

It took place in the not too distant future. The sequels took place in the present, so I guess by "not too distant future" they meant ... next week?
    The sequels also took place in the "not too distant future," too, I'm pretty sure.

Considering Scott, Jean and Ororo were teenagers in 1983, the original trilogy couldn't take place much further than early to mid 00's.

How Hollywood is Quietly Retooling Amid Superhero Fatigue
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235830951/

Marvel is also cleaning up the creative mess left in the wake of Jonathan Majors, the once-rising actor cast to play the lynchpin villain role in the next Avengers movies but who in December was found guilty of reckless assault in the third degree and harassment in a Manhattan court after a domestic incident with his ex-partner, a movement coach he met while working on Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Marvel dropped Majors hours after the conviction and is rewriting those movies, which will now either minimize the character or excise him entirely. The first of the new Avengers movies, due out in 2026, was initially titled Avengers: The Kang Dynasty but will be getting a new title to remove the character’s name, though sources say that even before Majors’ conviction, the studio was making moves to minimize the character after Quantumania underperformed, grossing $476 million.
    Execs are not calling it a reboot, not even a soft one, but more of a creative retooling. It’s no secret that since the 2019 Avengers: Endgame, the company was asked to scale up in an unprecedented way to feed its fledgling streaming service, Disney+, then a top priority for Disney, which was in the thick of the streaming wars. First under the direction of Disney CEO Bob Iger and, later, his short-lived successor, Bob Chapek, Marvel expanded into TV series and animation, with the goal of the MCU becoming a place with a seemingly endless procession of year-round releases. It was an ask that proved too unwieldy to sustain.

“Some of our studios lost a little focus. So the first step that we’ve taken is that we’ve reduced volume,” Iger said on a Feb. 7 earnings call. “We’ve reduced output, particularly at Marvel,” in order to ensure “the films you’re making can be even better.”
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    How Hollywood is Quietly Retooling Amid Superhero Fatigue
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235830951/
    That sucks for the Kang character. If underperforming is such a big deal than what does that mean for Captain Marvel?