Page 369 of 760 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 11387
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree.

I think we are actually getting too much too soon. It's the first time I don't really feel obligated to follow a lot of what Marvel is putting out. And I'm almost bored by a lot of it especially the "overblown" endings of some of the Phase 4 films.

I just hope Hawkeye stays ground level and ends at that level. I really disliked the end of Shang-Chi and Black Widow, those movies were featuring "street-level" characters but had these massive, crazy, overblown endings. Especially the whole "monster mash" at the end of Shang-Chi and him riding a dragon, that to me was just....unnecessary?. Yes, these movies were huge hits and got good reviews but Marvel needs to start taking notes and change up their formulas a bit.

But then again, Eternals didn't have the "typical" Marvel flow and that's the one movie that critics and audiences don't seem to like at all...
    Grounded has to actually be interesting, though. I honestly don't get why people don't like the ending battle of Shang Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Grounded has to actually be interesting, though. I honestly don't get why people don't like the ending battle of Shang Chi.
    Very good point. I think the MCU hasn't made a good "grounded" property since Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I was so disappointed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Black Widow. And for some reason, Marvel Studios thinks "grounded" equals humorless.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-03-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Very good point. I think the MCU hasn't made a good "grounded" property since Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I was so disappointed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Black Widow. And for some reason, Marvel Studios thinks "grounded" equals humorless.
    MCU's grounded stuff is a bit lame. Although at least FaWS attempted to address anti-Black racism. Shang-Chi had a good mix IMO although it had room for improvement

MCU's grounded stuff is a bit lame. Although at least FaWS attempted to address anti-Black racism. Shang-Chi had a good mix IMO although it had room for improvement
    MCU "grounded" is kinda lame (to me) as well. I don't really watch action flicks all that much, but I do think John Wick and Mission Impossible are better at action than Marvel Studios. I dunno WHY that is, but that's just my opinion. I read somewhere that Disney hired some people who worked in the John Wick franchise to work on Falcon and the Winter Soldier. But I didn't see much influence from John Wick in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Ultimate Member

MCU "grounded" is kinda lame (to me) as well. I don't really watch action flicks all that much, but I do think John Wick and Mission Impossible are better at action than Marvel Studios. I dunno WHY that is, but that's just my opinion. I read somewhere that Disney hired some people who worked in the John Wick franchise to work on Falcon and the Winter Soldier. But I didn't see much influence from John Wick in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
    I honestly don't think FaWS should be like John Wick. They shouldn't be brutally killing people

I honestly don't think FaWS should be like John Wick. They shouldn't be brutally killing people
    I agree. I like how the MCU is so family-friendly. Extreme violence should be toned down.

Even Winter Soldier ended bombastically. The only MCU movie that has a 'grounded' ending is honestly Doctor Strange. Yeah it's magic and CGI but there's no major fight, he wins through sheer determination and trickery instead of winning a battle

I agree. I like how the MCU is so family-friendly. Extreme violence should be toned down.
    Agreed. Feige has said the biggest inspiration to the MCU is the 78 Superman movie and I think that's a great template for the tone for a Marvel series. I have no problem with R rated content but comics at their start were an all ages thing aimed primarily at kids and teens and I like that the MCU keeps to that spirit

Also, regarding the early talk about the heavy amount of content. I agree and disagree. It's way harder to catch up but it also makes it easier to just watch what I want whenever I want and catch up at another time. I haven't seen Eternals yet or even Shang-Chi and haven't even started Hawkeye but I'll probably get to those at some point this month. But I can take my time since a lot of it is just extra adventures with the characters so people can pick and choose what they like

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Agreed. Feige has said the biggest inspiration to the MCU is the 78 Superman movie and I think that's a great template for the tone for a Marvel series. I have no problem with R rated content but comics at their start were an all ages thing aimed primarily at kids and teens and I like that the MCU keeps to that spirit

Also, regarding the early talk about the heavy amount of content. I agree and disagree. It's way harder to catch up but it also makes it easier to just watch what I want whenever I want and catch up at another time. I haven't seen Eternals yet or even Shang-Chi and haven't even started Hawkeye but I'll probably get to those at some point this month. But I can take my time since a lot of it is just extra adventures with the characters so people can pick and choose what they like
    Yeah extreme violence would be really weird for this iteration of the MCU, which makes me really wonder how they will do Blade.

I mean Snipes' Blade was hard core and I wonder if a neutered Blade will still have that same impact.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah extreme violence would be really weird for this iteration of the MCU, which makes me really wonder how they will do Blade.

I mean Snipes' Blade was hard core and I wonder if a neutered Blade will still have that same impact.

I think they could do it possibly like the Van Helsing movie. Not saying that was a good movie. But it had PG-13 level violence. It should be interesting.

I think it all comes down to degrees and personal tastes. What might seem excessive to some people might be perfectly fine to others.
    You want a more violent Marvel production, watch Hit-Monkey on Hulu .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it all comes down to degrees and personal tastes. What might seem excessive to some people might be perfectly fine to others.

You want a more violent Marvel production, watch Hit-Monkey on Hulu .

And thats really good and no one is talking about it. Its annoying.

Ultimate Member

The fights in DKR weren't great
    They were horrible.

There were scenes in those movies where the fight choreography was so bad the stuntmen were just flipping themselves around without being touched.

As good the TDK trilogy was, the fight scenes weren’t the high point.

Ultimate Member

The dragons were totally unnecessary IMO.

The movie had excellent fight choreography. The fight between Shang-Chi and Wenwu was brilliant and should have ended the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    They were horrible.

There were scenes in those movies where the fight choreography was so bad the stuntmen were just flipping themselves around without being touched.

As good the TDK trilogy was, the fight scenes weren’t the high point.
    Yeah, compared to how Affleck fights in BvS to how Bale moved...it's no contest. Like, whatever criticisms I had of Batfleck, he looked and fought like Batman.