Page 763 of 775 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 11625

It's not classic surfur however. That's like saying supergirl is superman or miles is peter. They are not.

How much is she in this I wonder? Starfox was leaked for eternals, and he was a few seconds long post scene. Same for hercules in thor.

She may just be a post scene.

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    Do they really have to start with a female Silver Surfer?
    As long as Doug Jones still does the body work for the Surfer!!!! :-)

I'll be interested to see the visual interpretation of the character. Will they go with the comics accurate Shalla-Surfer look in the style of Alex Ross? I joke about Jones as Surfer but the benefit of using him is that his physicality wa such that the character wasn't a motion capture CGI creation in F4:RSS. Is there a female counterpart who could do the same?
    If MARVEL owned the WildStorm characters instead of DC, I wouldn't mind if they went for something akin to VOID from WILDC.A.T.S. to give the actress more room to utilize her face for the performance.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    South Park once again predicts the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Spot on Cartman!
    People do realize why South Park had Eric Cartman the character who's main character trait is that he's a moronic bigot be the mouth piece who says this sort of stuff right? Or am I alone in that?
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This all ties into the Multiverse plots. Specifically, there's a What If? comic that tackles this exact idea. But of course, I don't expect the people who will complain about this to actually read comics.
    Plus there are multiple rumours that the movie actually takes place in an alternate universe anyway

I have no problem with a female silver surfer. Especially if this is a different timeline.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Yeah, if you're agreeing with Eric Cartman then you REALLY need to take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror.

Yeah, if you're agreeing with Eric Cartman then you REALLY need to take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror.
    Many angry rage youtubers agree with him lol

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Many angry rage youtubers agree with him lol
    Just imagine the compaign against F4 until the release of the movie lol! Honestly I applaud Marvel for keeping a lot of these ppl employed
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-04-2024 at 08:59 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

But the episode was so funny! Enjoyed it, as did a lot of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    But the episode was so funny! Enjoyed it, as did a lot of other people.
    Enjoying something and agreeing with the character are 2 totally separate things.

To be honest I question whether they should be jumping into Galactus and his Heralds from the first movie, even if they probably want to prove they can do better than Rise of the Silver Surfer did.

Heck, I'm even more surprised they'd do a female Silver Surfer because the MCU loves it's beefcake so much.

That being said...if this is just the case where Shalla is the Herald in the FF's universe but post-Secret Wars it's Norrin...

Galactus should’ve been reserved more as a Thanos-level Big Bad villain.

For the first MCU FF antagonist I would’ve personally used Annihilus or Mole Man, but we’ll see where Feige takes us with this story.

Enjoying something and agreeing with the character are 2 totally separate things.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I question whether they should be jumping into Galactus and his Heralds from the first movie, even if they probably want to prove they can do better than Rise of the Silver Surfer did.

Heck, I'm even more surprised they'd do a female Silver Surfer because the MCU loves it's beefcake so much.

That being said...if this is just the case where Shalla is the Herald in the FF's universe but post-Secret Wars it's Norrin...
    Agreed. I was kind of hoping they'd start small with the Fantastic Four. Come on, what's wrong with Mole Man? They could have made him a great live action 'Underminer' Galactus right out the gate? He's like a Thanos level threat. Though I'd imagine if he appears it would be handled like Dormammu. I just hope they focus on the Fantastic Four characters and not prioritize universe building over them. It didn't do any favors for Ant-Man's story after all.

Happy 4/4! I didn't realize this was a FANTASTIC FOUR holiday.
    MARVEL releases another "look" at MCU Johnny Storm to be played by Joseph Quinn.

It's got all the visual dressing of the movie teases we've seen so far so I guess its an indication of the direction they are headed.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

This all ties into the Multiverse plots. Specifically, there's a What If? comic that tackles this exact idea. But of course, I don't expect the people who will complain about this to actually read comics.
    People who read these comics, want to see something that resembles the comics they actually read, not some obscure storyline nobody cares about and few people actually read.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    People who read these comics, want to see something that resembles the comics they actually read, not some obscure storyline nobody cares about and few people actually read.
    Seeing ppl's hobbies adapted to the screen was mostly a Phase 1 -3 thing. Feige did say that post Endgame will be about representation and Marvel Studios needs strong female characters in leading roles to be popular so I don't think they care if their decisions is alienating the fanbase. Which I'm OK with so long as they don't come out pointing fingers or blaming the fanbase if their projects don't hit the mark they want,
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough