Page 454 of 774 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 11610
    Extraordinary Member

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe television series

Series approach
    Feige described Marvel Studios' approach to their television series in January 2021, explaining that streaming on Disney+ gave Marvel Studios flexibility with the formats for each series. He said some were being developed as "one off" miniseries that were intended to lead into feature films, though additional seasons could be added to these in the future. Other series were always intended to cover multiple seasons while still being connected to the films,such as Loki. These could have several years between the release of seasons, similar to series like Game of Thrones and Stranger Things.Feige added that each miniseries or season was intended to be around six hours of content, but this would be split in different ways depending on the story being told, such as six hour-long episodes, or nine or ten half-hour episodes.Marvel Studios' earliest series were directed by a single person, but later series have multiple directors taking on different numbers of episodes. Feige said this happened due to a combination of logistics, the needs of each story, and the studio's "own internal learnings of making longform television". He said the studio would continue varying the number of directors on future series as needed.

Marvel Studios uses the term "head writer" instead of the traditional showrunner title, since they approach their television series as if they were six hour-long films. They encourage the series' directors to be in the writers room and part of the creative process (much like the feature films) in addition to Feige and the Marvel Studios executives assigned to each series. This approach was confirmed by WandaVision head writer Jac Schaeffer,The Falcon and the Winter Soldier director Kari Skogland, and Loki season one director Kate Herron, with Skogland describing the approach as "effective and efficient" since the series are too much for a single showrunner to take on.Despite the head writer term, each series has multiple writers and a writers room that the head writer leads, and they also use "created for television by" credits for the head writers.Explaining the decision-making process and hierarchy for Marvel Studios' first three series, Loki season one head writer Michael Waldron said the head writer of each series would have final say on creative decisions before filming began. At that point, the series shifted to a "more feature centric model" where the director takes on the role that a traditional showrunner might have and has the final say for creative decisions while on set and in post-production, with the head writer still present on set for any necessary rewrites and during post-production.

Untitled Nova series
    In March 2022, it was revealed that a project featuring the character Richard Rider / Nova, with Sabir Pirzada writing, was in development.The project is likely to be a Disney+ limited series, with the potential to also be a film.

Extraordinary Member

Kevin Feige Confirms ‘Loki’ is Marvel Studios’ Most-Watched Disney+ Series
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ke...disney-series/

I can't see Nov as a Disney+ series unless they scale back his powers a lot and set it on Earth 90% of the time.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't see Nov as a Disney+ series unless they scale back his powers a lot and set it on Earth 90% of the time.
    I actually think, CGI wise, a character like Nova is relatively easier to do than She-Hulk or Ms. Marvel, tbh. He would basically be like Captain Marvel. Which is another reason why I think they might go with a show instead of a movie; maybe they feel Cap. Marvel already fills the ''space cop'' role in the movies, so Nova would have a bigger chance to stand out among their shows. I could easily see him being the lead of a show, and then the lead of a Guardians movie later on, considering how Marvel is interconnecting their productions.

Extraordinary Member

Let's compare the green lantern show vs the nova series.
    The dc hbo max green lantern show is going to be in space alot or most of the time in space and on other planets and they said that the cgi/effects will be movie level and that the show will cost 100 million for ten episodes.

So that's 10 million a episode.
    Cheaper then any mcu disney plus show.
    If they could do it then the nova series could do it.
    In fact more so.

Green Lantern showrunner describes the upcoming HBO Max series as “gigantic”
    For a Green Lantern television series to work, you will need a large-scale production. From epic space battles to the more significant number of actual Green Lantern corps members featured, the entire idea will be larger than life, and that’s seemingly what the team behind the upcoming HBO Max series are hyping.
    Green Lantern Showrunner Gives Update on HBO Max Series
    "It is really cool how sprawling a storyline it is," Wittrock explained in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly. "It's pretty epic. It spans time and space and has something for everyone. It's not your average superhero story…
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2021/...s-as-gigantic/
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/green-...grahame-smith/
    Last edited by mace11; 05-21-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Let's compare the green lantern show vs the nova series.
    The dc hbo max green lantern show is going to be in space alot or most of the time in space and on other planets and they said that the cgi/effects will be movie level and that the show will cost 100 million for ten episodes.
    ain't gonna be movie level then lol. 100 million for 10 hours =/= 200 million for 2 hours.

This is just movie speak.

MCU does the same thing saying they have "movie budgets" but its 6-8 hrs vs 2.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Isn't Kid Loki a Young Avenger/Champion or something? I read somewhere that he was. He was in the Loki series.
    He was a Young Avenger but it didn't last long. But the MCU could do it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ain't gonna be movie level then lol. 100 million for 10 hours =/= 200 million for 2 hours.

This is just movie speak.

MCU does the same thing saying they have "movie budgets" but its 6-8 hrs vs 2.
    And they spread out the hero stuff a lot.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    List of Marvel Cinematic Universe television series

Untitled Nova series
    In March 2022, it was revealed that a project featuring the character Richard Rider / Nova, with Sabir Pirzada writing, was in development.The project is likely to be a Disney+ limited series, with the potential to also be a film.
    Waiting for verification on this.

https://www.facebook.com/cinemarvell...99171886838469
    Richard Rider is coming to the #MCU! #MoonKnight writer Sabir Pirzada stated that a #NOVA project is now in development at Marvel Studios.🌟

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I know folks are worried about a D+ budget being able to handle Nova, but if you look at modern Star Trek, I don't think it's out of the question at all. Stuff like Strange New Worlds and Discovery look cinema worthy, and it's full of aliens, weird planets, spaceships, and all the other stuff you'd expect Nova to have. I don't know how much money Paramount is throwing at those Trek shows but I doubt it eclipses the cash Disney/Marvel is capable of throwing at Nova.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

OG Wanda stans in tears, MoM crossed 800m on Friday and set to make around 950 million at the box office once it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Haters and Wanda stans in tears, MoM crossed 800m on Friday and set to make around 950 million at the box office once it's done.
    Not in tears. I don't think anyone thought the MCU would struggle. No matter if their movies are good or bad, they sell. It's a movie with Benedict Cumberbatch in it as well, and he gets a huge pull from his fanbase.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

OG Wanda stans in tears, MoM crossed 800m on Friday and set to make around 950 million at the box office once it's done.
    Fun trivia but that would make it the first superhero movie ever to actually end up in the 900m range. Either way the movie is banned in a few countries including China and still heavily outgrosses the first Strange movie and even makes more than something like Thor: Ragnarok which is considered by many to be the by far best Thor movie.

As for the OG Wanda stans comment. Well Im not one myself and Im happy that Marvel has taken this character and has made her as popular as she is nowadays. Her MCU journey has been very entertaining and it's far from over.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Ms. Marvel is coming on June 8. This show will struggle for attention with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on Paramount Plus, Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney Plus, and Season 3 of The Boys on Amazon Prime. I would rather watch those three shows than watch Ms. Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

Why, bad movies make money all the time given the right franchise value tied to them. For a movie with this much promotion resources, yeah, 900 million is reasonable. This movie is not magcally suddenly okay writing wise though.
    And seriously, did you just use some Twitter stan culture language here?
    Also what does OG stans even mean? Her older fans are probably far from being stans
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-22-2022 at 11:11 AM.