Page 405 of 773 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 11583

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't get why they're making her so much younger than the comic version. Especially when you look at how old Eli and Kate are.
    So they can make her being a lesbian as "kid friendly" as possible and avoid giving her a love interest for an extended period of time.

I mean, Netflix and DC also explore some really serious/dark stuff, and I think there is a point to be said for stuff that DisMarvel leaves unaddressed or don't focus on as deeply as they could (compare CW Oliver Queen and Netflix Punisher to how they handled Ronin in the MCU) or underscore with quips and fun moments...but it's probably a case-by-case basis.

I don't get why they're making her so much younger than the comic version. Especially when you look at how old Eli and Kate are.
    The MCU doesn't work on comic book time. The actress would probably age up by the time YA actually gets made.

Kingdom X's answer also works.

Considering anything Young Avengers is probably years away her age makes a lot more sense than Hailee, & Kathryn whom are both probably gonna be on the edge of 30 when YA happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So they can make her being a lesbian as "kid friendly" as possible and avoid giving her a love interest for an extended period of time.
    I guess that's possible considering how Disney has handled LGBQ+ in the past. We have no idea what they're going to do with Billy (if they age him up) or if Teddy is even going to show up at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Considering anything Young Avengers is probably years away her age makes a lot more sense than Hailee, & Kathryn whom are both probably gonna be on the edge of 30 when YA happens.
    Semi-Young Avengers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, I just cannot get into MAC.

I don't like her too much in the comics and this version looks even younger.

I just don't see the need... you can easily have Strange use spells to bounce around the multiverse. Why waste time with another character here in a movie that sounds kinda dense?
    The way that I see it, MAC didn't need to be in DSITMOM any more than Spider-Man needed to be in Captain America: Civil War. Sometimes they just want to introduce a character and choose whichever movie they think will be the best starting point. If people are gonna like her or not, that's another story. But it's just normal world building for their universe. If it wasn't America, it was likely going to be some other character they had plans for anyway.

I guess that's possible considering how Disney has handled LGBQ+ in the past. We have no idea what they're going to do with Billy (if they age him up) or if Teddy is even going to show up at this rate.

Semi-Young Avengers.
    As long as they are 20-somethings, it's not a big deal. The Avengers feel like they are in their 30-40s to me. Once the Champs hit that range, they might as well be the New Avengers.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The way that I see it, MAC didn't need to be in DSITMOM any more than Spider-Man needed to be in Captain America: Civil War. Sometimes they just want to introduce a character and choose whichever movie they think will be the best starting point. If people are gonna like her or not, that's another story. But it's just normal world building for their universe. If it wasn't America, it was likely going to be some other character they had plans for anyway.
    I'm still waiting for them to confirm whether Clea is actually in it, although at this rate she'll just be a Christine Variant.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    As long as they are 20-somethings, it's not a big deal. The Avengers feel like they are in their 30-40s to me. Once the Champs hit that range, they might as well be the New Avengers.
    I feel like the original MCU Avengers all leaned into their late 30's (maybe Steve was still in his 20's since his enlistment and being frozen).

I think Wanda was ostensibly 18-20-ish given how they referred to her initially.

Extraordinary Member

With all the talk of who is going to be in Multiverse or Madness....Marvel should hire a bunch of DC actors to play the Squadron Supreme.

Try to tell me people wouldn't lose it over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    With all the talk of who is going to be in Multiverse or Madness....Marvel should hire a bunch of DC actors to play the Squadron Supreme.

Ray Fisher: Nighthawk
    Brandon Routh: Hyperion
    Ruby Rose: Warrior Woman
    Chris Pine: Doctor Spectrum
    Rick Cosnett: Blur
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

I have said the exact same thing!

But I don't want just any DC actor. I want Cavill as Hyperion, Gadot as Warrior Woman, and Afleck as Nighthawk. Maybe Fisher as Doc Spectrum, since I don't believe Cyborg has a classic Squadron counterpart?

If you're gonna troll DC by using their actors as the evil MCU JLA, don't halfass it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I have said the exact same thing!

But I don't want just any DC actor. I want Cavill as Hyperion, Gadot as Warrior Woman, and Afleck as Nighthawk. Maybe Fisher as Doc Spectrum, since I don't believe Cyborg has a classic Squadron counterpart?

If you're gonna troll DC by using their actors as the evil MCU JLA, don't halfass it.
    I would do Reynolds as Doc Spectrum. Gustin and Amell as Flash and Green Arrow.

Just open a portal and they all turn around with their masks off and it is them.

Hopefully the new Dr. Strange movie will be successful. After the modest returns for Eternals, and the technically Sony-produced (financially) Spider-Man film, I suspect that the Disney wing of the MCU wants another qualified hit on its hands.

hopefully Sam Raimi can pivot to being the show runner for a horror based Disney Plus show. Man Thing, a Daimon Hellstrom reboot, the Zombie, Mephisto, Terror, Inc., The Darkhold, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hopefully the new Dr. Strange movie will be successful. After the modest returns for Eternals, and the technically Sony-produced (financially) Spider-Man film, I suspect that the Disney wing of the MCU wants another qualified hit on its hands.

hopefully Sam Raimi can pivot to being the show runner for a horror based Disney Plus show. Man Thing, a Daimon Hellstrom reboot, the Zombie, Mephisto, Terror, Inc., The Darkhold, etc.
    I think MoM will do well. A lot of people (me included) think Eternals was a terrible movie.

Astonishing Member

This is just a comment, but all things considered, if Marvel tries to adapt the Squadron Supreme into the MCU, how do you think they will do?

All things considered, I believe the most logical thing to do would be to hire the actors from the DC's movies and put them as the counterparts of DC inside Marvel. You know:
    + Henry Cavill (Superman) as Hyperion.
    + Ben Affleck (Batman) as Nighthawk: Although considering he was also Daredevil, maybe they should use another actor.
    + Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) as Power Princess.
    + Ezra Miller (Flash) as the Whizzer/the Blur.

The only problem here would be the actor for Doctor Spectrum (Green Lantern), as the only one I can think of it is Ryan Reynolds, but he would appear in the MCU as Deadpool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This is just a comment, but all things considered, if Marvel tries to adapt the Squadron Supreme into the MCU, how do you think they will do?

All things considered, I believe the most logical thing to do would be to hire the actors from the DC's movies and put them as the counterparts of DC inside Marvel. You know:
    + Henry Cavill (Superman) as Hyperion.
    + Ben Affleck (Batman) as Nighthawk: Although considering he was also Daredevil, maybe they should use another actor.
    + Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) as Power Princess.
    + Ezra Miller (Flash) as the Whizzer/the Blur.

The only problem here would be the actor for Doctor Spectrum (Green Lantern), as the only one I can think of it is Ryan Reynolds, but he would appear in the MCU as Deadpool.
    With the facial scar make up Reynolds uses for Deadpool it would not be an issue.

Overall though...while it would be fun as a one off like I suggested above to use the DC actors to play the SS...for long term storytelling I would assume they would cast different actors.