Page 752 of 775 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752753754755756762 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 11621

I'm still iffy on Pedro as Reed but cast seems solid.

The only thing I hate about the period piece aspect is it's like they're doubling-down on the FF being "old school" or "retro" and will have to adjust a lot to make that work and how they relate to the present-day. I dunno, it just feels iffy to me.

But hey, Herbie !

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am not a fan of period piece stuff. It made the X-men movies ridiculous when 40 years could pass yet the actors all looked the same "because mutants". It was just dumb.

Well that artwork sets an interesting vibe, I’ll give them that. I can see why they went with the Wandavision Director now. I do love period pieces when they’re done well. Captain America is still one of the MCU’s best films in my book, because it really captured the look and spirit of a 40s war adventure serial.

I love Pedro as much as the next guy, but this just feels like stuntcasting because he’s huge right now. I’m sure he’s got the range, but he’s too ruggedly handsome to embody lanky nerd Reed Richards.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-14-2024 at 02:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not a fan of period piece stuff. It made the X-men movies ridiculous when 40 years could pass yet the actors all looked the same "because mutants". It was just dumb.
    Me neither. Keep it with the current timeline.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I love Pedro as much as the next guy, but this just feels like stuntcasting because he’s huge right now. I’m sure he’s got the range, but he’s too ruggedly handsome to embody lanky nerd Reed Richards.
    Dale Eaglesham's Reed is a total hunk. Tbf it's not the typical depiction of Reed but still.

Extraordinary Member

Well that artwork sets an interesting vibe, I’ll give them that. I can see why they went with the Wandavision Director now. I do love period pieces when they’re done well. Captain America is still one of the MCU’s best films in my book, because it really captured the look and spirit of a 40s war adventure serial.

I mean, Reed Richards was originally a pretty action oriented character. He was like if Indiana Jones knew every kind of science

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Did they actually confirm this will be set in the past?

Pedro Pascal is handsome?

I'm just shocked that Marvel Studios is going with a cast of actors in their 30s or 40s. Either way, I welcome it. Now if only pop music would let 30-somethings in as newcomers...

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Pedro Pascal is handsome?
    Yes?

But he's fine casting. Now the Stranger Things actor OTOH

Extraordinary Member

I'm very excited about this. I have the original Hanna Barbera cartoon on DVD and have always been convinced that that time period is when they thrived the most. That said, since this is the F4, don't be surprised if there are both time travel and multiverse shenanigans (to use one of my favorite Thing quotes "No shenanigans!" lol). Who's to say they haven't bounced around the timestream and multiverse so much that they can't even be a few years ahead of what the current time is?

Also, Pascal is brilliant casting. He doesn't necessarily resemble classic Reed, but that's probably why I like it the most. I just find too on the nose casting boring, tbh.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm just shocked that Marvel Studios is going with a cast of actors in their 30s or 40s. Either way, I welcome it. Now if only pop music would let 30-somethings in as newcomers...
    I'm just glad the Johnny actor isn't that much older than Tom Holland.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm very excited about this. I have the original Hanna Barbera cartoon on DVD and have always been convinced that that time period is when they thrived the most. That said, since this is the F4, don't be surprised if there are both time travel and multiverse shenanigans (to use one of my favorite Thing quotes "No shenanigans!" lol). Who's to say they haven't bounced around the timestream and multiverse so much that they can't even be a few years ahead of what the current time is?

Also, Pascal is brilliant casting. He doesn't necessarily resemble classic Reed, but that's probably why I like it the most. I just find too on the nose casting boring, tbh.
    Just feels kind of weird to make them throwbacks when they'll have to be re-integrated into the present-day MCU stuff anyways and they've already done similar stuff with Steve and Carol.

But I'm someone who thinks their core concept and dynamic is timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That was dumb. Did they really explain it away as a side effect of being mutants? I stopped watching those movies, so I wouldn't know.

But anyway, if the FF does turn out to be a period piece, it doesn't mean they will do what FoX-Men did. The FF will likely travel through time or maybe come from another Earth to the MCU present.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    That was dumb. Did they really explain it away as a side effect of being mutants? I stopped watching those movies, so I wouldn't know.
    No. They just completely ignored the issue. I guess you're just supposed to pretend they look older.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No. They just completely ignored the issue. I guess you're just supposed to pretend they look older.