Page 395 of 773 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 11592
    Extraordinary Member

Strange 2 looks FANTASTIC.The visuals are on point and I'm loving the story/dialogue from what I've seen from the trailer so far.

Also saw this

https://twitter.com/frankjo53587420/...817602/photo/1

First thought was Wanda and it would line up w/ the leaks which have nailed most of the things so far, but Strange was also using red/chaos magic in the trailer so maybe a switcheroo?

They better not kill Wong

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's what I remember hearing too. I think all those shows got jerked around by the pandemic, but those two more than most. I think.

Just finished Hawkeye's finale, and I gotta say that was a really strong finish. Really fun show from start to finish, I think, and unlike a lot of MCU stuff this managed to stay grounded. Might just be the rush of the finale talking but Hawkeye might be my favorite D+ show yet. And I didn't like the new suit in all the photos and stills that we've seen, but it's actually not that bad in live action. Strikes a nice balance between the Fraction-esque casual look and the more traditional superhero spandex.

Looking forward to seeing Spidey after xmas.
    I can appreciate their attempt to adapt the current comic look but it's my least favorite Hawkeye costume so it didn't really do much for me. I didn't even notice that they changed Kate's look at all because it looked the same as her previous archer uniform. The concept art made it look like they were going to try to adapt the Aja look but I guess they gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Strange 2 looks FANTASTIC.The visuals are on point and I'm loving the story/dialogue from what I've seen from the trailer so far.

Also saw this

https://twitter.com/frankjo53587420/...817602/photo/1

First thought was Wanda and it would line up w/ the leaks which have nailed most of the things so far, but Strange was also using red/chaos magic in the trailer so maybe a switcheroo?

They better not kill Wong
    I feel like that was maybe Strange doing a spell to locate Wanda in the multiverse or something along those lines, so that the red is still indicative of Wanda.

And yes pls keep Wong safe. I think he's a fantastic example of how the MCU can elevate characters that rarely get the spotlight in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can appreciate their attempt to adapt the current comic look but it's my least favorite Hawkeye costume so it didn't really do much for me. I didn't even notice that they changed Kate's look at all because it looked the same as her previous archer uniform. The concept art made it look like they were going to try to adapt the Aja look but I guess they gave up.
    Maybe that concept art came before they decided it'd be a Christmas show and they were like wait... all those holes and short sleeves don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Maybe that concept art came before they decided it'd be a Christmas show and they were like wait...all those holes and short sleeves don't make sense.
    Oh yeah, the hip holes would be incredibly impractical for Christmas .

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I feel like they'll keep Wong alive for the sole purpose of giving an easier (in universe) reason to justify including Strange in future Avengers/team-up movies when he's not acting sorcerer supreme.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    its funny but I find Grace Randolph an interesting media figure because she knows how to balance been a fan and a media shill and keep her loyal listeners happy, so ususally you get some honest stuff from her every now and then, however she has been very very focused on no way home in a big way, almost as big as she did with the Snyder Cut, so I was kind of expecting more from her review than not great but fun.
    Getting back to this.
    Grace tends to contradict herself at times etc...
    Anyway she has spideman no way home above the first avengers movie and spiderman far from home in her latest mcu best to worst list.

In her past list and current list she called the first avengers and spiderman far from home fantastic so clearly she changed her mind and thinks spiderman no way home is above great as well.

MCU Movies Ranked - All 27, Worst to Best - Eternals, Shang Chi, Spider-Man No Way Home, Black Widow

I hope they never Kate's hip holes to live action. Probably the most nonsensical design element I've seen in a comic book.

So i'm watching hawkeye and i have to wonder if it's a concidence that so far the only people who have be casted in their roles again have been white dudes from previous shows. Emma dumont and Kristen ritter, especially kristen ritter did amazing jobs in their marvel roles but i haven't heard anything about any of the women. Even Karen Page is still just a rumor at this point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So i'm watching hawkeye and i have to wonder if it's a concidence that so far the only people who have be casted in their roles again have been white dudes from previous shows. Emma dumont and Kristen ritter, especially kristen ritter did amazing jobs in their marvel roles but i haven't heard anything about any of the women. Even Karen Page is still just a rumor at this point.
    Krysten Ritter is rumored to cameo in She-Hulk. And let's be real, the only Netflix characters who were universally beloved portrayals were Daredevil, Kingpin, Jessica Jones, Punisher and to a lesser extent, Elektra and Misty Knight. Who else are they meant to bring back? I'd be excited to see Mike Colter Luke Cage but his portrayal was polarizing. I don't need to see anyone from Iron Fist again. Emma Dumont doesn't count, those "X-Men" shows are not canon to the MCU. They still haven't even introduced mutants so what would she be doing, exactly?
    Last edited by davetvs; 12-25-2021 at 05:04 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope they never Kate's hip holes to live action. Probably the most nonsensical design element I've seen in a comic book.
    You've clearly never seen Moondragon's string onesie...

Daredevil was the first show to come out and the most popular one among the Netflix shows, so I think starting by the hero and the villain from that show makes sense. I don't think it's a conscious choice to leave anyone out; just starting by the ones who will draw the most attention. And now that they've opened up that box, it's only a matter of time until they start calling more actors to come back. I have no doubt in my mind if they ever use Jessica Jones again, they will call Krysten Ritter.

As for Emma Dumont.... I don't think The Gifted was nearly as impactful or important to Marvel as the non-FOX shows. And it was never sold as a part of the MCU, so I don't think that's a priority. As far as the X-Men goes, a reboot is the best choice.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-25-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Daredevil was the first show to come out and the most popular one among the Netflix shows, so I think starting by the hero and the villain from that show makes sense. I don't think it's a conscious choice to leave anyone out; just starting by the ones who will draw the most attention. And now that they've opened up that box, it's only a matter of time until they start calling more actors to come back. I have no doubt in my mind if they ever use Jessica Jones again, they will call Krysten Ritter.

As for Emma Dumont.... I don't think The Gifted was nearly as impactful or important to Marvel as the non-FOX shows. And it was never sold as a part of the MCU, so I don't think that's a priority. As far as the X-Men goes, a reboot is the best choice.
    I was more thinking about the totality of shows.

Quicksilver wanda vision
    professor X doc strange
    king pin and daredevil the disney + shows
    spiderman- all the spidermans but no kristen dunst as far as i know as MJ so in the totality across shows so far only dudes have been reupped.

As far as colter he is doing a great job on the show evil and it seems to be semi popular so he definitely has a following though admittedly he was a bit stiff in luke cage. But Colleen was EVERYTHING on Ironfist, like everything. the actress was amazing.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-25-2021 at 05:27 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quicksilver wanda vision
    professor X doc strange
    spiderman- all the spidermans but no kristen dunst as far as i know as MJ so in the totality across shows so far only dudes have been reupped.

As far as colter he is doing a great job on the show evil and it seems to be semi popular so he definitely has a following though admittedly he was a bit stiff in luke cage. But Colleen was EVERYTHING on Ironfist, like everything. the actress was amazing.
    Evan Peters didn't return to play the same character, though. And Professor X is not confirmed.

I'll give you the Spider-Men, but I think considering the premise of the movie, it made sense that they would be the biggest draws. Most people went to watch the movie for them; everything else was just a plus. I think it's just a matter of finding the right time for the right characters, and so far those are the ones they have found room for. Time will tell how things will go.

Quicksilver wanda vision
    professor X doc strange

1) While I love Ritter as Jessica the MCU would totally wash away her origins as a survivor and tone down her personality (and language) so much.

2)Colleen's actress actually just did a cute interview with Simu Liu and I NEED her in Shang-Chi 2 or the streaming show they're planning.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-25-2021 at 07:47 AM.

The first actor from the Marvel Netflix side to come over to the MCU was Mahershala Ali albeit as a different character altogether.

Cox and D'Onofrio were very vocal about wanting to come back and continue their characters.

Jessica Henwick was offered a role in Shang Chi but she turned it down to do Matrix instead and because she didn't want to 'decanon' her role on IF.

I think it's on a case by case basis depending on whether the actor wants to continue their characters. Colter and Ritter haven't talked much about wanting to reprise their roles and are currently working on other projects. Cox had a clause in his contract for him to appear in movies and talked many times about wanting to team up with Spider-Man. Him and D'Onforio have been very vocal about their support for the #savedaredevil group. Bernthal and Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page) have all expressed interest in reprising their roles. Ultimately, I think everybody who wants to be a part of the MCU will be incorporated into it eventually either as new characters or characters they've played before.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I have actually. I'm used to all the ridiculous string bikini's that Gamora and Moon Dragon wore, Sue Storm's bikini uniform, Rogue's Savage Land outfit and all the other tiny pieces of form fitting fabric that used to pass as costumes.

And whilst I don't mind characters dressing sexy as long as it feels in character (She Hulk, Black Cat, Tigra, Janet), I do think it's a little random to give Kate random hip holes that serve no other purpose than make it clear that she is not wearing underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    1) While I love Ritter as Jessica the MCU would totally wash away her origins as a survivor and tone down her personality (and language) so much.

2)Collen's actress actually just did a cute interview with Simu Liu and I NEED her in Shang-Chi 2 or the streaming show they're planning.
    I think we'll know how well MCU does with R rated material when Deadpool 3 comes out. I think JJ's main character arc was completed when she killed Kilgrave at the end of S1. After that, they should have just done Heroes-For-Hire with her, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Trying to do multiple seasons of JJ just lead to diminishing returns in the end (sames goes for Luke Cage).

Jessica Henwick would be a good choice for Leiko Wu; a British secret agent.