Page 441 of 774 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 11609

Going back to the killing thing again

MK spoilers

spoilers:

Marc not killing Harrow made. no. sense.

Dude was a soldier turned mercenary turned "protector of the travelers of the night." He justified himself killing those bad dudes when he was in that mental hospital afterlife plane thing.

Yet... he wouldn't kill a dude who killed hundreds because.... "you sound like ammitt"... wtf was that? Khonshu didn't sound like Ammit or Harrow... this dude DID the sins and deserved the punishment. He wasn't pre-judged ala Ammit.

Khonshu may be a dick but Khonshu was right the whole damn show lol. Khonshu also risked his godly life TWICE to stop Ammit. He could have easily just went, "F this humans" and did his god thing and moved on.
    end of spoilers

MK was still probably my favorite MCU show even if I wanted more/modifications. It at least told a consistent coherent story from beginning to end.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Going back to the killing thing again

MK spoilers

spoilers:

Marc not killing Harrow made. no. sense.

Dude was a soldier turned mercenary turned "protector of the travelers of the night." He justified himself killing those bad dudes when he was in that mental hospital afterlife plane thing.

Yet... he wouldn't kill a dude who killed hundreds because.... "you sound like ammitt"... wtf was that? Khonshu didn't sound like Ammit or Harrow... this dude DID the sins and deserved the punishment. He wasn't pre-judged ala Ammit.

Khonshu may be a dick but Khonshu was right the whole damn show lol. Khonshu also risked his godly life TWICE to stop Ammit. He could have easily just went, "F this humans" and did his god thing and moved on.
    end of spoilers

MK was still probably my favorite MCU show even if I wanted more/modifications. It at least told a consistent coherent story from beginning to end.
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that really made no sense. Again, a character has no problems killing mooks but they draw the line at killing the Big Bad in cold blood...who they technically kill off anyways.

Like I could believe it if they wanted to do a "screw you" to Khonshu, but they could have justifiably killed Harrow and be in-line with how they were previously acting without needing Khonshu to tell them to do it.

I know Khonshu's a manipulative dick but whatever bad things I can say about him, his intentions always seem genuine.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that really made no sense. Again, a character has no problems killing mooks but they draw the line at killing the Big Bad in cold blood...who they technically kill off anyways.

Like I could believe it if they wanted to do a "screw you" to Khonshu, but they could have justifiably killed Harrow and be in-line with how they were previously acting without needing Khonshu to tell them to do it.

I know Khonshu's a manipulative dick but whatever bad things I can say about him, his intentions always seem genuine.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

they literally stopped marc from killing him just so they could do the post credit scene.

Marc and Layla were literally trying to kill the dude 3 mins before that lol.
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

spoilers:

they literally stopped marc from killing him just so they could do the post credit scene.

Marc and Layla were literally trying to kill the dude 3 mins before that lol.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That had to be the most anti-climactic final fight in a Superhero story.

"How is our protagonist going to get out of this one? Oh, let's just have him black out and have his secret 3rd personality take care of everything off-screen."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

"How is our protagonist going to get out of this one? Oh, let's just have him black out and have his secret 3rd personality take care of everything off-screen."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    it’s the way I turned my entire brain off during the MK finale, so I didn’t even remember how poorly it ended. I’ll admit that episode 5 is some of the best stuff Marvel has put out (even though it pretty blatantly copied the WandaVision structure of having the penultimate episode be a stroll down memory lane about unpacking hidden traumas), but the show as a whole was all over the place.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Dude unless the pandemic hits again in Full you are looking at 3 marvel movies doing a billion this year without China. You can't literally do any better than this.
    Oh Disney is doing great at the box office. I don't begrudge them any success. I think three Marvel movies a year (each at around two hours in length) is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT reasonable for fans. It's the required viewing for SHOWS that is a big ask in my opinion. I think the MCU is great when it treats its movies/shows like "events" as Chris0013 stated earlier. And I think having more shows and movies makes it harder for Marvel Studios to plug leaks. I believe "spoiler culture" is forcing Marvel Studios to change things in their products and that really sucks.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Yup, that fight before then was pretty cool too. It was like "FINALLY ITS MOON KNIGHT!!"

then that happened... again. UGH

Internet Movie Database user ratings for Disney Plus streaming shows

Loki 8.2
    Wandavision 8.0
    Hawkeye 7.6
    Moon Knight 7.5
    What If...? 7.4
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Internet Movie Database user ratings for Disney Plus streaming shows

Loki 8.2
    Wandavision 8.0
    Hawkeye 7.6
    Moon Knight 7.5
    What If...? 7.4
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 7.2
    For me its almost opposite haha

MK
    Falcon
    What If
    Wanda
    Loki

not watched: hawkeye

tbf I don't know if you can even rank What If the same, kind of jus ta random collection of cartoon episodes.

Thing is, you could make small tweaks to MK, Fal, and Wanda and i'd like them 100x more.

Loki, on the other hand, I just didn't like at all.

For me its almost opposite haha

MK
    Falcon
    What If
    Wanda
    Loki

not watched: hawkeye

tbf I don't know if you can even rank What If the same, kind of jus ta random collection of cartoon episodes.

Thing is, you could make small tweaks to MK, Fal, and Wanda and i'd like them 100x more.

Loki, on the other hand, I just didn't like at all.
    I'm curious, what were your objections to Loki's show? Hiddleston's Loki was actually one of my favorite characters in the MCU (I thought he saved the first couple of Thor movies and he was great in Thor 3 and the Avengers films). So I don't really have any problems at all with Hiddleston or the character he plays. I think Disney should have titled the Loki series: Explaining the Rules of the MCU Multiverse: Featuring Loki. And I know PLENTY of people who STILL don't understand what those rules are. And I'm one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm curious, what were your objections to Loki's show? Hiddleston's Loki was actually one of my favorite characters in the MCU (I thought he saved the first couple of Thor movies and he was great in Thor 3 and the Avengers films). So I don't really have any problems at all with Hiddleston or the character he plays. I think Disney should have titled the Loki series: Explaining the Rules of the MCU Multiverse: Featuring Loki. And I know PLENTY of people who STILL don't understand what those rules are. And I'm one of them.
    Explaining the Rules of the MCU Multiverse: Featuring Loki.

That's the biggest reason why I didn't like it lol.

I also didn't like Sylvie really, I didn't like the ending outside of Kang, Loki felt like a human with some minor magic powers instead of a Jotun bulletproof-tangles with Thor-manhandles Captain America-Prince he was in the movies, I think they made him too sympathetic just so "people like Loki" again (he's a borderline evil prick in the movies) and worst of all... I was just bored episode to episode lol.

Sylvie felt like a waste of Enchantress and Lady Loki since she was effectively neither and I'm not sure the show really constructed her character properly (is she her own person? A female Loki? A way for the show to make Loki love himself without making him look too gay?).

And yeah, they really nerfed Loki hard in that show. Especially compared to what we saw from classic Loki.

Explaining the Rules of the MCU Multiverse: Featuring Loki.

That's the biggest reason why I didn't like it lol.

I also didn't like Sylvie really, I didn't like the ending outside of Kang, Loki felt like a human with some minor magic powers instead of a Jotun bulletproof-tangles with Thor-manhandles Captain America-Prince he was in the movies, I think they made him too sympathetic just so "people like Loki" again (he's a borderline evil prick in the movies) and worst of all... I was just bored episode to episode lol.
    Yeah, the Disney Plus shows had a LOT of exposition. I thought WandaVision got bogged down by exposition, but the exposition in Loki was even more prominent. But I guess that's the price of having a sprawling and expanding cinematic universe. Gotta explain things to viewers so folks can catch up on what the hell is going on. Can't Disney do a better job of making time travel and multiverses understandable to the general public? I don't think Star Trek, Quantum Leap, Doctor Who, Back to the Future, Terminator and Bill & Ted had this problem. As I mentioned previously in this thread, I think Marvel Studios is not doing a good job of introducing new "side" characters, particularly women. They made Sylvie an angry lady. They made Echo an angry lady. Not sympathetic at all. Feel bad for the actresses though (I think most of them seem pretty nice in real life). I'm REALLY holding out hope (on the television front) that She-Hulk can bring some new energy to Marvel Disney Plus.

Put it this way, in some alternate universe, another version of MindofShadow probably LOVES Loki and other multiverse stories. Though it's possible every variant of MindofShadow in every reality hates them.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-12-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, the Disney Plus shows had a LOT of exposition. I thought WandaVision got bogged down by exposition, but the exposition in Loki was even more prominent. But I guess that's the price of having a sprawling and expanding cinematic universe. Gotta explain things to viewers so folks can catch up on what the hell is going on. Can't Disney do a better job of making time travel and multiverses understandable to the general public? I don't think Star Trek, Quantum Leap, Doctor Who, Back to the Future, Terminator and Bill & Ted had this problem. As I mentioned previously in this thread, I think Marvel Studios is not doing a good job of introducing new "side" characters, particularly women. They made Sylvie an angry lady. They made Echo an angry lady. Not sympathetic at all. Feel bad for the actresses though (I think most of them seem pretty nice in real life). I'm REALLY holding out hope (on the television front) that She-Hulk can bring some new energy to Marvel Disney Plus.

Put it this way, in some alternate universe, another version of MindofShadow probably LOVES Loki and other multiverse stories. Though it's possible every variant of MindofShadow in every reality hates them.
    See I found Echo fine because at least she was a villain, and I think if they hadn't pulled focus from her to both Yelena and Fisk she could have had a satisfying arc. I think they relied on the fact that she was getting a spin-off too much.

Sylvie... yeah I got a lot of problems with her. Marvel literally had a promo saying Loki was gender fluid, but instead of giving us our Loki switching between male and female versions like the comics they just gave us this female Loki variant. Like... that's not the same thing at all. Then they thought they gave us something by confirming that Loki is bisexual only to then stick him into a romance with said variant because apparently the male and female leads of the show had to be attracted to each other and platonic love isn't a thing.

Extraordinary Member

Echo's arc felt kinda cut short because she just decides to let Clint go because there is a bigger fish to fry.

Sylvie doesn't even feel like a Loki variant because they kinda merged comic Amora and Sylvie into Lady Loki. So she is just way different aesthetics, power and personality wise.(Yeah, technically Kid Loki and old Loki also have different personality I guess.)

Also to throw more shade at Waldron, dude is not above writing self-cest, so why not Wanda marry her AU self and raise the kids together or something lol. AU Wanda looks like a single mom you know?