Page 451 of 773 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 11583

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is too much going on in that movie for there to be any chance Gorr is a "great" villain.

I bet he is a force of nature of sorts (although we already saw that with Hela so....) but... there simply isn't time to make him great.

It is unfortunate too... I feel the Gorr arc in the comics was very cinematic as is and very "succinct." The 11 issues didn't really waste any time. It would have been a great two part movie as is. Oh well.
    Yeah adapting so much of Aaron's run at once is an interesting choice. I hope it just doesn't feel like two movies stitched together as one (which was my only complaint about Ragnarok).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wenwu was definitely handled pretty well and Tony Leung was a big part of that.
    I thought Wenwu had a stronger presence that Shang-Chi.

But they could be down to Tony Leung being a better actor than Simu Liu.

Ultimate Member

There is too much going on in that movie for there to be any chance Gorr is a "great" villain.

I bet he is a force of nature of sorts (although we already saw that with Hela so....) but... there simply isn't time to make him great.

It is unfortunate too... I feel the Gorr arc in the comics was very cinematic as is and very "succinct." The 11 issues didn't really waste any time. It would have been a great two part movie as is. Oh well.
    I agree.

I don’t see how Gorr is going to stand out with all that’s going on the movie.

Which would be a criminal waste of Bale as an actor.

I definitely don't think they'll be able to capture the Gorr arc in the comics because there's so much else going on and Gorr might get reduced down to more of a just a threat out to kill Gods that brings the leads together.

I doubt they're going to explore the nature of Gods and belief like the comics did or why Gorr is even doing this. But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I definitely don't think they'll be able to capture the Gorr arc in the comics because there's so much else going on and Gorr might get reduced down to more of a just a threat out to kill Gods that brings the leads together.

I doubt they're going to explore the nature of Gods and belief like the comics did or why Gorr is even doing this. But I'm happy to be proven wrong.
    They fact we won't get "they prayed to Thor" is going to be a travesty

Damnit now im making myself bitter lol. The arc was so. dang. good.

I DO think the movie will be good (if you liked Ragnorak like I did) but it won't be God Butcher/God Bomb-ish
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-17-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Why does Bruce's CGI look so much better?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

The show looks campy and fun like a She-Hulk show should be, but yeah... that CGI needs a lot of touch up. They have 3 more months until the show comes out, so hopefully it's something they're still working on.

Alrighty then!

- I think the CG for She-Hulk (and her cousin) look as good as to be expected. Might take some getting used to for some, but I think it's okay.

- Is there a new Superhuman prison? That doesn't look like The Raft.

- Bruce is...isolated on some island for some reason. Can he transform to and back like Shang-Chi implied? Seems like the blood transfusion to give Jen her powers already happened.

- Blonsky can now transform from his Abomination form to his human form.

- Leap-Frog!

- Big fight in the courtroom, natch .

- Looks like they're doing justice to She-Hulk's active sex life .

Extraordinary Member

The MCU movies haven't even established the base line yet of how Gods and Worship work in the MCU. And I doubt the creatives would even be willing to try. Each Writer is gonna have his or her on take and as long as it's entertaining they are gonna let them run with it.

In that case, Gore's ( my spell check is in open rebellion at this point, lol) motivation can be as simple as beings like the Asgardians ( and presumably the Olympians) wrecked Gorr's home/world/some such and he's pissed.

It also has the advantage of being a motive that anyone can understand. "Those bastards burned down my (fill in the blank)! I'm going to kill them!"

I

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

they got Shulky looking like Fiona

the CGI has been abysmal in the MCU for the past 3-4 movies I hope they step it up
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-17-2022 at 05:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The overall cgi looks really good.
    There ARE some scenes that could have some more touch ups but there is time for that down the road.The moon knight cgi looks really good too overall.Anyway the cgi for both shows looks movie level.Heck you have folks that i have seen saying the cgi for avatar 1 and 2 does not look realistic,so there are always folks complaining even if its a movie that has a high budget.Believe it or not there are folks who say thano's cgi was not all that good either.Heck i seen a few folks saying it was bad.Just spoiled brats.

The justice league movie from 2017 has a really high budget of 300 million and that movie and it cgi is not better then the cgi in this she-hulk show and even moon knight.The overall cgi looks fine in this show,and they could always improve it i before the show come out.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-17-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Hulk cgi has already been done in other movies over time so he is not new,while she-hulk is new.
    Just like him her overall cgi will improve over time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Hulk cgi has already been done in other movies over time so he is not new,while she-hulk is new.
    Just like him her overall cgi will improve over time.
    More than that, Hulk basically turns into a cartoon. He's so different from baseline human in proportion and size that it's easier to accept, despite retaining humanoid shapes overall. Jen hits the uncanny valley hard, because they're going for a much closer to human design.

However, I think people spend way too much time complaining about effects that are passable. The important thing is how the story is served, and this looks like a lot of fun.

I was in the moment they cast Tatiana, even if I don't really care Jen Walters or She-Hulk.

She Hulk Trailer: CGI looks spotty but they've captured the essence of the character.

Echoing what everyone else has to say about Thor: Love & Thunder. I have yet to see any indication that this isn't going to be retread of Thor: Ragnarok only with Gorr instead of Hela. The visuals look good and there might be some laugh worthy moments but story wise nothing has piqued my interest this year. The only other movie we have to look forward to is Black Panther 2 and nothing about that movie has inspired any confidence.

Looks like it's going to be a dull year movie wise. At least the shows have been enjoyable (even with their flaws) and even the trailers for the upcoming shows like Ms Marvel and She Hulk look way better than any of the trailers or actual movies themselves have been.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

Hulk's arm is healed by the way looking at him in the trailer.