Page 479 of 774 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 11609

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm not known for great predictions, but I think this will be more of a crowd pleaser than Multiverse of Madness was. That movie was deliberately divisive, while the reviews for this movie make it sound like it's goofy but not really out to get people mad at how the characters are treated.

I guess we'll see how the audience scores go, but MoM had people saying "this doesn't feel like Doctor Strange's movie" and the reviews seem to be saying that that isn't as much of a problem with Thor.
    I think the GA will probably eat up the humor and comedy like they did with Ragnarok even if critics think it hurts the film.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I disagree a bit here for a few reasons.

Something has to give... they aleady have to fix the T'challa situation, they have to have Shuri's arc, they are shoe horning Iron Heart into it, and now Namor and their culture?

And that isn't even touching ANY of the stuff from the first movie. The whole, "hard to be a good man and a king." The whole, "opening up yoru country also opens it up to others problems." They whole, "the world now knows that is an African superpower country."
    Which is why Namor and Atlantis are the last things I'm worried about.

I hope they get the character and his mythos right. I hope Namor fans have reason to be satisfied and happy with the film. But the first priority is all the stuff you mention above. Yes, Namor has a deep history and rich mythology in the comics and this could/should easily transition into a Namor solo film, or at least a big role in the MCU of *some* kind. I know. But BP is the movie we have in front of us, and it's one carrying more baggage and trouble than any other MCU film to date. That needs to be the focus. It's the difference between straightening out a billion dollar franchise that lost its leading man, and a character who is just being introduced now, as a villain. Priority in BP2 has to be the BP cast and setting. As long as they don't ruin Namor beyond repair, I'm not worried very much about him. Whatever this movie fails to do with him can be done later.

And I'm not reading reviews for Thor4 (got my tickets pre-ordered, avoiding spoilers) but I'm seeing a lot of comments that basically boil down to "People who made Thor 3 make Thor 4; new movie is much the same." I mean, did anyone expect something different? Same writer, director, same actors....were people expecting the same ingredients to make a different meal? Sturm und drang, perhaps? From Waititi and Hemsworth? What did people think they were getting when Waititi and Hemsworth made another Thor film, if not a Thor film very much like the one they already made?
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-05-2022 at 05:51 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And I'm not reading reviews for Thor4 (got my tickets pre-ordered, avoiding spoilers) but I'm seeing a lot of comments that basically boil down to "People who made Thor 3 make Thor 4; new movie is much the same." I mean, did anyone expect something different? Same writer, director, same actors....were people expecting the same ingredients to make a different meal? Sturm und drang, perhaps? From Waititi and Hemsworth? What did people think they were getting when Waititi and Hemsworth made another Thor film, if not a Thor film very much like the one they already made?
    I think I've seen interviews where Waititi talked about doing something different and more "intimate" but I wasn't expecting much .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen them try to paint Gorr as more complex in the movie but I'm wondering how well that's going to come across.

Like, it's really weird that they'd take a movie about a guy being a serial killer with Gods and turn that into a big comedy. It's like if The Batman had Batman and Gordon spouting constant quips while investigating Riddler despite all the gruesome murders going on.
    They turned Ragnarok into a comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with Ragnarok. Don't get me wrong it rejuvenated the Thor franchise and really played to Hemsworth's strengths, but I couldn't help but think, "Why are we telling 10 jokes a minute in-between scenes of Hela brutally murdering Asgardians?" The tonal whiplash was a lot for me.
    I have never warmed up to this movie because of that.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-06-2022 at 02:19 AM.

Expecting closer to Ragnorak rather than GoG2
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Expecting closer to Ragnorak rather than GoG2
    I think the action will be better than GoTG 2 at least.

I think the action will be better than GoTG 2 at least.
    oh 100%

Takai will 100% nail the action and he will 100% nail the core character interactions. He did it in Ragnorak and I will assume the same here.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Ragnarok was written by Eric Pearson, Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost (Taika was maybe uncredited idk) while Love and Thunder was written by Taika Waititi and Jennifer Kaytin Robinson.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Those Thor reviews are not suprising quite a few ppl felt Ragnarock was a bit to goofy and looks like there doubling down....Kevin Feige said humor will always be the undercurrent of Marvel but at what point does that start detracting from the respective characters and story...even from the trailers I wasn't super exicited I will see it but when I get around to it def not this weekend though.

Very disappointing movie. Combining the overtly comedic tone with dramatic arcs like Gorr and Jane’s really didn’t work at all.
    It honestly felt more like a parody and none of the emotional moments really translated.
    I had some similar problems with Ragnarok, but that movie was much better. It’s like Waititi doubled down on all the faults of the previous movie. A real shame because I’m a big fan of his work.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Rumored Black Panther 2 Star Reacts to Surfaced Namor Artwork

Tenoch Huerta responds to leaked images of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever merch, which seemingly confirmed his involvement in the MCU film as Namor.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Sony Warned By Kevin Feige Not To Get Ahead Of Itself

Disney+ MCU Villain Rankings:

1. Agatha Harkness

2. Arthur Harrow

3. He Who Remains

4. Tracksuit Draculas/Kingpin

5. Clan Destine

6. Flag-Smashers.

Extraordinary Member

Disney+ MCU Villain Rankings:

1. Agatha Harkness

2. Arthur Harrow

3. The One Above All

4. Tracksuit Draculas/Kingpin

5. Clan Destine

6. Flag-Smashers.
    The One Above All is not in the past mcu shows and movies and i have not seen thor 4 yet,so is he in the movie?
    Last edited by mace11; 07-07-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The One Above All is not in the past mcu shows and movies and i have not seen thor 4 yet,so is he in the movie?
    D'oh! I forgot what Kang went by in Loki.